Things you'd like to see in Skyrim DLC

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yousonerfed

01-12-2012

Skyrim is so d*mn good, but knowing that any DLC for it in the near-future is going to be "meaty" has me thinking about things that I think could be implemented as improvements to the game. Don't get me wrong; Skyrim is amazing in its own right, but there's a few things I wish could be in the game that, sadly, aren't.

Here's my list of things DLC should provide.

Quote:
1. More Enchanting and Smithing options
Along with being very profitable, Enchanting and Smithing are the ways to go if you want the best equipment in the game (Dragonplate Armor is awesome, as is enchanting your gear to make your Destruction spells free). But there's a few shortcomings to them, such as no enchantment that improves the potency of your spells, rather than just reducing the costs. Sure, you can use Alchemy for that, but it gets annoying having to constantly drink potions in fights; having gear that passively improves the damage of your Fireballs would be sweet. Additionally, why-oh-why did Bethesda not allow us to be able to make Dragonbone weapons? Daedric works well enough, but I like longswords more than falchions, TBH.

2. More Shouts and improvements to existing Shouts
Some of the Shouts you can get in Skyrim are, sadly, useless once you get to high levels (i.e. Dismay, Disarm, etc.). Ones like Storm Call are my kind of Shout - wanton destruction capable of wrecking an entire fortress of Imperials. New Shouts of that caliber would really help out. Also, the Shouts that lose power as the game goes on (i.e. Fire Breath, Frost Breath) need to scale in power as you level, not deal fixed amounts of damage. (On a related note, give us a way to learn and use a Fortify Shouts enchantment! You can't disenchant an Amulet of Talos!)

3. A visit either to Morrowind or Cyrodil
These are being hinted at already on a few sites, so I'm hoping said rumors about seeing Morrowind or Cyrodil are true. Getting to revisit those old locations from past Elder Scrolls games would be a lot of fun.

4. More interesting Dragon fights
Not to say that fighting dragons isn't awesome already (made awesome by the music), but the way they fight you isn't exactly imaginative (and it's bloody easy if you have the Spellbreaker shield). I'd love it if some dragons were to use various Shouts against you rather than just Yol-Toor-Shol or Fo-Krah-Diin. Hell, give some dragons the ability to throw an occasional small-scale Storm Call at you and I'd find that a lot of fun! Or perhaps even introduce new variants of dragons, like land-based ones or something like that.

5. More great storylines
Skyrim is chock-full of great tales, even in some of its smaller quests, and obviously Bethesda is going to need to deliver on its DLCs in terms of story. I don't have any particular story ideas in mind, but I'm sure the DLCs will give us some good stuff.
How about the rest of you? What would you like to see in Skyrim's DLC?

Raging Hipster

01-12-2012

3 words, CO - OP

Uccisore

01-12-2012

Something that isn't draugr, bandits, or necromancer/vampires in that same puke-green cave over and over for 150 hours.

An actual interesting-looking place to go, like Blackreach, but without the same monsters I've already fought a thousand times.

Maybe a dungeon that doesn't have a 'warp back to the surface' doorway at the very end, so it can feel at least somewhat immersive and less like single-player WoW. You know, they used to actually have spells/scrolls for warping out of a dungeon, instead of every single place you go being shaped like a loop.

A reason to use frost damage.

A reason to use poison.

Content I can play without the constant threat of a catastrophic crash looming over me that will make me start my character over.

They have some good basics- storyline, massive world, background, the core engine. Bethesda is just extremely lazy when it comes to implementing stuff. I didn't really start to notice it until Fallout: New Vegas lifted all their textures/objects from the previous game.

Mar The Dragon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uccisore View Post
Something that isn't draugr, bandits, or necromancer/vampires in that same puke-green cave over and over for 150 hours.

An actual interesting-looking place to go, like Blackreach, but without the same monsters I've already fought a thousand times.

Maybe a dungeon that doesn't have a 'warp back to the surface' doorway at the very end, so it can feel at least somewhat immersive and less like single-player WoW. You know, they used to actually have spells/scrolls for warping out of a dungeon, instead of every single place you go being shaped like a loop.

A reason to use frost damage.

A reason to use poison.

Content I can play without the constant threat of a catastrophic crash looming over me that will make me start my character over.

They have some good basics- storyline, massive world, background, the core engine. Bethesda is just extremely lazy when it comes to implementing stuff. I didn't really start to notice it until Fallout: New Vegas lifted all their textures/objects from the previous game.
Most of the caves I've been in have completely different layouts, not just using the same one. The loop-ish shaped dungeons are actually helpful too, especially because in some of them you have to drop down somewhere that you can't get back up too; unlike in some of the previous Elder Scrolls games, it lets them have an even wider variety of dungeon design because they can do things that make back-tracking impossible. Frost damage and poison damage are only ineffective against draugr and probably poison is useless on dwarven robots, but everything else is vulnerable, I believe.

Raging Hipster

01-12-2012

Actually, for serious features, I want to make spells again. I missed being a fire fish.

Mar The Dragon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging Hipster View Post
Actually, for serious features, I want to make spells again. I missed being a fire fish.
YES they need to bring spellmaking back. It's understandable why it wasn't in the game at first because of the much wider variety of spell effects, but they should still make it as DLC now since they have time to work on it.

BigHue

01-12-2012

Better vampire interaction. BRING BACK THE CLANS, A LA MORROWIND

Yousonerfed

01-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging Hipster View Post
Definitely would like spellmaking to return.

OrtForShort

01-12-2012

I want tradeskills nerfed. They're too powerful. Other than that, I'd like to visit other regions. Perhaps get some new dungeon types.

Voidwings

Recruiter

01-12-2012

id love to see another weapon that gets charges on kills and changes effects depending on day or night like
Dawnfang/Duskfang in the Oblivion expansion of Shivering Isles