Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

I'm trying to play LoL from a University Network in Japan

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

King Krule

Recruiter

01-12-2012

Hey guys, I was wondering if this is possible? While a massive feat, I think it should be doable. So I have looked through the forums and found a few answers related to Port Forwarding. I downloaded the Port Forwarding Wizard and tried it, but to no avail.

Next, I tried the Firebind thingy and it came up with these results:

Quote:
TCP ports 80,443 are open on your network. Firebind was successfully able to transmit and receive data over these ports using TCP.

TCP ports 2099,5222-5223,8393-8400 failed due to a HANDSHAKE_CONNECTION_TIME_OUT condition.

UDP ports 5000-5500 failed due to a PAYLOAD_TIMED_OUT_ON_RECV condition.

I'm not sure what this means, but it sounds like bad news.

Another solution I heard of was just buying a VPN. Will this solve my problems? I tried the OpenVPN trial, but I am still unable to log into the game.

Anyway, if anyone has any idea how I could possibly do this, please tell me.

Thanks very much!