Support for 4:3 Screens

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dmon3y26

01-14-2012

Yeah, I've heard of these zoom "Hacks" but I also heard of people getting punished for using them, So I find it very surprising there is no support for different aspect ratios, it seems like it should of been implemented in the beta, not two years into the game.

overzealot

01-14-2012

1: I'm pretty sure the resolution you're talking about is 1280x1024
2: The aspect ratio of 1280x1024 is not 4:3, it's 5:4. If your resolution actually is 1280x1080, it's even more square than that. If they actually implemented what you requested, it wouldn't fix your problem completely.
3: The likelihood of implementing a fix for an obscure resolution like 1280x1080 (when it's likely you are the only person playing LoL who uses it) will probably be low.

The obvious problem with allowing the zoom hack is that people could use it to see much more of the field than they should. I'm sure you used it correctly, but for every one person doing the right thing there'll be many exploiting it.

Dmon3y26

01-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by overzealot View Post
1: I'm pretty sure the resolution you're talking about is 1280x1024
2: The aspect ratio of 1280x1024 is not 4:3, it's 5:4. If your resolution actually is 1280x1080, it's even more square than that. If they actually implemented what you requested, it wouldn't fix your problem completely.
3: The likelihood of implementing a fix for an obscure resolution like 1280x1080 (when it's likely you are the only person playing LoL who uses it) will probably be low.

The obvious problem with allowing the zoom hack is that people could use it to see much more of the field than they should. I'm sure you used it correctly, but for every one person doing the right thing there'll be many exploiting it.
No, I have a 1280x1024 res , But to say I'm the only one using it is silly, of the millions of players, there has to be quiet a few with the same aspect ratios.

Aniello

01-16-2012

What's the problem about seeing more field than you should, when there is a Fog war that will only show you... fog?

I really don't understand Riot's problem about letting us zooming more... it would solve lot of troubles...

You can compare some screens here: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1086337

Dmon3y26

01-16-2012

Well, if riot would just add support for 4:3 screens.

Herz3h

01-21-2012

Bump please do this, its really hard to play the game when u got a poor resolution, its pretty hard to do anything in a teamfight or to even dodge global ultis (ashe, ez.....). So please fix this for us.

Btw im playing on a 1600*1200 resolution.

overzealot

01-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmon3y26 View Post
Hello, I recently purchased a brand new computer, and got a couple screens handed down to me, these screens are 1280x1080 and are 4:3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmon3y26 View Post
No, I have a 1280x1024 res
I said you would be the only one running 1280x1080, which is what you said you had in your first post (you might want to update that).
Also, basic maths here: 4 divided by 3 is 1.33:1.
1280 divided by 1024 is 1.25:1.
It's a 5:4 ratio screen. You might want to change that in your first post too.

They technically do support your res perfectly. The compromise Riot appears to have settled on was giving everyone exactly the same vertical viewing space regardless of resolution. Considering you're almost always chasing someone up or down, if they had the zoom the other way it would be more broken for widescreen resolutions.
I'm not against asking for an adjustable level of zoom, and if that's what you want, ask for it. But that isn't "supporting 4:3 screens"

Herz3h

02-01-2012

bump