Support for 4:3 Screens

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dmon3y26

01-12-2012

Hello, I recently purchased a brand new computer, and got a couple screens handed down to me, these screens are 1280x1080 and are 4:3, I noticed that when playing on 1280x1080 In league of legends, the screen is essentially blown up, which means we can see far less than players with 16:9 screens.

Currently my work around has been playing in a different resoultion, 1280x720 I believe, although this does make the camera view go back to normal so that I can see properly, this does give black bars and the top and bottom of the screen, not little ones either.

So currently, I either play with a disadvantage with a zoomed in screen, or I have to sacrifice quality and enjoyment and only be able to see (roughly) half of the screen.

So what I ask is that proper support is implemented for 4:3 screens so that when we use a full screen resolution, the camera gets adjusted and the screen doesn't just get "Blown up".

Me and as I'm sure many others would be very happy if this was implemented.

- Dmon

Dmon3y26

01-12-2012

Bump, this is something that I feel needs to have something done about.

Dmon3y26

01-12-2012

Bump once more.

Dmon3y26

01-13-2012

Bump.

Dmon3y26

01-13-2012

Bump

Aniello

01-13-2012

I use 4:3 too, and I agree with you.

Sadly, I don't think threy will ever do anything about.

I mean, you Riot could help players about these issues, making an option avaiable only if u select a 4:3 resolution (like camera zooming) but you will not.

Dmon3y26

01-13-2012

Well there is so many games that have support for this, why cant league :3

Dmon3y26

01-14-2012

Bump.

Dmon3y26

01-14-2012

bump.

kNocturn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-14-2012

Actually, I'm very concerned about this as well. Up until recently you could use a program to increase your zoom to match that of a higher aspect ratio, but for some reason they have gone against this.

I made a support ticket and sadly received a copy and pasted ToS.

Ticket:

Quote:
I received a warning for using an "unauthorized" program that increases my zoom out to match those of different aspect ratios WITHOUT buying a new monitor to support it.

This video, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IxpzSakZxE , shows the difference between ONE MONITOR and THREE MONITORS. Why should someone who has the money be able to have an advantage over someone who coded, or had someone code something to do this? It's a UI Mod, not a hack, people just labeled it like so.

Riot has been pretty fond of the term "We do not sell power". People who buy a couple of monitors go against this; but while I use a program, I'm considered the bad guy?

If this company has any problem with said "Zoom Hack" then please use black bars/black screens to censor other aspect ratios; otherwise, a banning of using this program is unjust.

TL;DR

"Zoom Hack" isn't a hack, it's a mod to allow others to match the aspect ratio of people who have the money to buy a few more monitors.
Response:

Quote:
Hello Summoner,

We do not allow the use of any unauthorized third party programs, including but not limited to "mods," "hacks," "cheats," "scripts," "bots," "trainers," and automation programs, that interact with the Software in any way, for any purpose, including, without limitation, any unauthorized third party programs that intercept, emulate, or redirect any communication between the Software and Riot Games and any unauthorized third party programs that collect information about the Game by reading areas of memory used by the Software to store information.

To avoid punitive actions you will need to comply with the email to avoid punitive actions. I am sincerely sorry.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Game on,

RÅG3
And yes, I know while I'm technically supporting a hack, the zoom range/aspect ratio needs to be the same whether or not I'm using 100 monitors or 1 program.

The point I try to establish by speaking out in favor of zoom hack is, I don't want to go buy another monitor to achieve the same effect as what one simple program does.

I have also pointed out that the aspect ratio is not the only problem; for me personally, I get a better view with just using my HDTV.

Monitor: http://i42.tinypic.com/1z6b51j.png

HDTV: http://i40.tinypic.com/ngtwch.png

I'm trying to validate why this Zoom "Hack" isn't a problem until Riot fixes this whole aspect ratio; fair field of view for everyone, not just people with money.