Fiddle Stick is dumb?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Krom

10-11-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commodore Frank View Post
I lol'd

There's plenty of ways to stop Fiddle from using his ultimate effectively. The reason he has a built-in flash is because he was far too reliant on it before, and the devs wanted him to be able to take other summoner spells.
And in return they took away some of his survivability.

Goodbye 10% miss chance, hello **** -spell resist aura.

AP scaling is nice, except it starts weak at lv 6.

Drain Life nerfs, hell everything got nerfed.

I don't like the new Fiddle.

TP in and die, gg.

McBeard

10-12-2009

I still think Fiddlesticks is a solid and balanced Champion.

- Fear is still one of the best disables in game (if not the best), not only stunning you, but also causing you to potentially move in the opposite direction of where you're intending to go. It's every other disable wrapped up in one terrible package. Even with the duration being nerfed, it's still strong, even at rank one, functioning as a great silence and escape tool, not to mention having the ability to save a teammate's life.

- Dark Wind is a second disable, on a similarly timed cooldown. In team fights, Fiddle is an excellent supporting character, being able to fire a potential GROUP SILENCE at one person, and then fear another (Either the first kill target, or the most threatening opponent.)

- His Ult may be cheesable if you cast it out in the open, much like Morganas, Nunus, Amumus, etc. But, unlike all those cheesable Ults, it has a built in flash AND it doesn't root you like Nunu or Amumu. Use it from brush, use it in team fights from a safe distance (or with protection), use for early lane ganks. It will get you kills, double kils, triple kills, but using it safely and at the right time is key. With the relatively short cooldown and champ killing potential, people might play it stupid.

This thread is mostly about the Ult, so I'm gonna say, yeah if you blow your ult at retarded times, obviously. Not many champs can get away with greedy, stupid ult-blowing anyway.

Fiddle is strong enough, able to get kills, able to shut down multiple opponents, and can regen life through drain making him difficult to harass. He's not weak, he's not OP, he's a very well rounded hero that I enjoy playing.

congalong

10-12-2009

Really? Fiddle is OP with double flash? Please. I just get some MR + HP and I'm just gonna nuke your sorry ass once you flash in.

TiberiusAudley

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

10-12-2009

Discussion: Fiddlesticks has a base movespeed of 290. If you're in a game against him, he's probably going to be slower than you. Run away. You may lose the person who got feared in the Ult, unless Fiddle tries to chase the ones running away... but he's too slow to chase effectively.

DarkNataku

10-12-2009

I play Fiddlesticks as my main, and I have to admit that Fiddlesticks was a better champion before the recent patch. All of his abilities received a nerf, except for CS which was given a flash. His other abilities are now only useful for softening up a target or two for a CS kill, and harassing for your team. Which is fine. But pre-Crowstorm, he's not exactly fun, interesting, or powerful.

Fiddlesticks is incredibly slow, and CS also has a very short duration, so if you step out of it's range for even an instant, huge amounts of damage are prevented. Somebody will be feared and forced to stay in the storm, but that can only target one opponent and it's very tricky to pick which one it should be. A bad pick may end up getting 1 or less kills from an ult that takes 2 and a half minutes to cooldown - for all intents and purposes, a wasted ult - which means Fiddlesticks has 2 and a half minutes of being useful for little more than harassment before he can be considered a threat at all.

Currently, Fiddlesticks is very much a one-trick pony. When the one trick is on a massive cooldown, it feels like poor design to me. He's still my main, but I find myself straying away from him far more now than I used to.

Anniie

10-12-2009

You're mad because a fiddlesticks, from the bushes, blowing a summoner spell and an ult, can potentially kill you? Sorry but that probably took a whole lot of work to set up, and you just want to make it so you, unprepared and apparently oblivious to your minimap, gets to run back to tower safely and deny the person the fruit of their labor? Yeah that sounds fair.

Getting outplayed is OP. Nerf that ****.

Remove all brush and fog of war, it's the only way I can be certain there's nothing in there waiting to kill me, other than keeping track of the enemies whereabouts of course.

McBeard

10-12-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkNataku View Post
A bad pick may end up getting 1 or less kills from an ult that takes 2 and a half minutes to cooldown - for all intents and purposes, a wasted ult - which means Fiddlesticks has 2 and a half minutes of being useful for little more than harassment before he can be considered a threat at all.
I also play Fiddle primarily, but I do agree with this. I consider him an offensive support champ with occasional ganking and killing power. But yeah, when CS is on cooldown, you're not going to be nuking anyone, and aside from fearing and silencing to aid your team (which is still a noble endeavour) Fiddle is not very deadly.

Well timed Dark Wind with lucky bounces may force people into running as they get tagged 4-5 times, but even then, you can't be assured of a kill as often as many other heroes.

i have had excellent games with him, and it is quite satifying to really get on a kill streak, but for the most part, I'm harassing, or deciding what other champions I should master for a more consistent experience.

A one-trick pony, yes, but it's a decent trick.

May I ask what your alternate champion picks are, knowing that you prefer Fiddlesticks' gameplay?

Octovert

10-12-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBeard View Post

May I ask what your alternate champion picks are, knowing that you prefer Fiddlesticks' gameplay?
Nunu comes immediately to mind.

sungkwon

10-12-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commodore Frank View Post
I lol'd

There's plenty of ways to stop Fiddle from using his ultimate effectively. The reason he has a built-in flash is because he was far too reliant on it before, and the devs wanted him to be able to take other summoner spells.
Except now he can flash in, and take flash to counter-flash other people's flashes.

And before that sentence looks too complicated, let me explain.

He hits "R" and clicks where he would like to blink to. he channels, then blinks to said location. Enemy team goes "osh-" and hit their flashes to run out. Then he uses his Flash to catch up again.

So despite trying to give him more options for summoner spells, there is even crazier **** he can do if he still takes Flash. I can respect what you're saying and what the Devs probably intended, but most Fiddles I see think "Awesome, I can double-flash."

I've seen Fiddles use their ult as an escape too, on a seperate note.

DarkNataku

10-12-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBeard View Post
A one-trick pony, yes, but it's a decent trick.
Yes, it's a very nice trick. I still dislike any champion having only one trick though. Even Ryze has an arguable second trick thanks to Arcane Mastery and Lich's Bane.

Quote:
I bounce around a lot. Katarina, Karthus, Zilean, and Nunu are among my more frequent alternate picks.