Fiddle Stick is dumb?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ca8UfM31mO9xRYRT

10-11-2009

Damn, I just lost a whole page of commentary from the forum dropping my login

The short version is you can't stun someone from chain flash ult'ing you because crowstorm continues to do damage during a stun and you can flash during a stun. It should be obvious that stun is not a counter to flash+AoE damage.

The devs made silence the counter to flash. This is evident by the fact that flash can't be cast while silenced. They made this change because of how powerful flash is as a summoner ability.

The problem with this counter to Stix is twofold: first, silence is the rarest champion ability out of silence, stun, and snares. Second, while a single summoner may at best have *either* silence or stun, Stix has *both*. He can also cast while crowstorming and his initial flash gives him the advantage on casting his disable before you can.

In and of itself flash has already been a balancing thorn. Discussing whether a single champion being able to chain flash is not nerfing the champion by any stretch of the imagination.

MammothWaffle

Adjudicator

10-11-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by BL4zD View Post
Damn, I just lost a whole page of commentary from the forum dropping my login

The short version is you can't stun someone from chain flash ult'ing you because crowstorm continues to do damage during a stun and you can flash during a stun. It should be obvious that stun is not a counter to flash+AoE damage.

The devs made silence the counter to flash. This is evident by the fact that flash can't be cast while silenced. They made this change because of how powerful flash is as a summoner ability.

The problem with this counter to Stix is twofold: first, silence is the rarest champion ability out of silence, stun, and snares. Second, while a single summoner may at best have *either* silence or stun, Stix has *both*. He can also cast while crowstorming and his initial flash gives him the advantage on casting his disable before you can.

In and of itself flash has already been a balancing thorn. Discussing whether a single champion being able to chain flash is not nerfing the champion by any stretch of the imagination.
You CAN stun him while he's casting which puts it on cooldown and stops him from getting the spell off. His ult doesn't last long, and as I've previously stated doesn't do too much damage unless he outgears or outlevels you. Him having flash is a waste outside of an escape utility. Normally by the time they get the 2nd flash off the ult is already almost finished. I don't and haven't seen this as a problem at all.

Lollerman

10-11-2009

Didn't Zileas mention it's a bug for silence to affect summoner spells?

Also "Discussing whether a single champion being able to chain flash is not nerfing the champion by any stretch of the imagination." <- Kassadin.

And need confirmation on silencing v.s. channelling; I recall Infusing Fiddle while he's channelling CS and it came out anyway?

Ca8UfM31mO9xRYRT

10-11-2009

You can't stun someone who is standing outside the range of your champion--which chain flashing allows Stix to do.
You would know this if you had played Stix with flash and tried a variety of ways of attacking.

Your comment that flash is useless outside of an escape mechanism leads me to believe that the reason you don't see this as a problem is you haven't personally experimented with Stix.

I've been silenced before casting crowstorm but it won't shut it down after it's already channeled. You probably silenced him just as he finished channeling.

MammothWaffle

Adjudicator

10-11-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by BL4zD View Post
You can't stun someone who is standing outside the range of your champion--which chain flashing allows Stix to do.
You would know this if you had played Stix with flash and tried a variety of ways of attacking.

Your comment that flash is useless outside of an escape mechanism leads me to believe that the reason you don't see this as a problem is you haven't personally experimented with Stix.
This alone is a stupid use of Fiddle.

1) Casting farther away just to double flash is already wasting time on your ult

2) You can only do this whenever flash is up

3) If he's out of your range enough to have to use double flash then his flash would be down and you can stun him as you run out of range of his AoE.

Again, I only see this working in lower levels of play. Its a total waste of the ult AND summoner spell.

EchoRex

10-11-2009

BL4zD you're forgetting one thing: http://beta.leagueoflegends.com/boar...ad.php?t=16792

Get a clue.

Shiny Carnage

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-11-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epoch View Post
Really give him a flash with his ulti? So heres what happens he flashes in with ulti at the same time fears then flashes into the rest of the other team or flashes out of turret range. This needs some serious redesign... Discuss

How about we discuss L2P? Hot topic atm.

Fiddledicks is fine.

Ca8UfM31mO9xRYRT

10-11-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo7 View Post
BL4zD you're forgetting one thing: http://beta.leagueoflegends.com/boar...ad.php?t=16792

Get a clue.
I am not forgetting anything.

Re-read my posts and pay particular attention to the portions I pointed out Stix' AoE.

Dregius

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-11-2009

heres a scenario for you blazed:

group fight has just begun, stix is in bushes and activates his ult flashes in. Now in the games you seem to be playing the enemy will just run towards a tower, welcoming a noob stix to use flash as his summoner spell to catch up and kill everyone. However anybody with a brain will know to run away from teammates while stix ult is up. this makes him only able to follow 1 or 2 people and sometimes even none at all

Noobia

10-11-2009

If I see sticks, I'm building a Banishes vale and HP items regardless of champ.

once his one trick pony show is over, hes kinda a wimp.