Minion Tier List

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Voscility

01-11-2012

Lately, I've been noticing summoners have been dying from minions and I've spent countless hours researching with my good friend and mad chemist, Singed. Here are our results:

Tier 1 : Super Minion, Anti-turret Cannon

Tier 2: Siege Minion, Caster Minion

Hard to place: Mele Minion

No minion has been harmed during this research and the results are purely my opinion.

Super Minion: One is spawned each wave instead of the Siege Minion once the enemy lane's inhibitor is down. Super minions, just like Siege Minions, only take 50% damage from turrets. Two spawn per wave in each lane when all enemy inhibitors are destroyed. They are much stronger than any available type of minion.
Siege Rider Minion: Siege Rider Minions are minions you could summon with the spell Promote. First tier because it has been injected with steroids (it's a LoL conspiracy, singed found out there has been an abnormal amount of testosterone found in the super minions).

Anti-turret cannon: Anti-turret cannon are minions that were added for Dominion. They have the same in-game appearance as Super Minions, but in a miniature form. They spawn every minion wave and can be enhanced by Promote, granting them health, attack speed, and attack damage. End of first tier because of it is very mobile.

Siege Minion: Siege minions attack enemies from a range as well. They recieve only 50% damage from towers, which make them perfect for tanking towers with. One spawns every three waves until 20 minutes in game, at which point one spawns every two waves. Siege minions have more health than melee minions. On Twisted Treeline, they give 36 gold on death, value increases by +1 gold per 2-3 minutes. On Summoner Rift, they give 27 gold on death in the first wave in which they appear. Self explanatory, most armor, range, most damage; protect this minion at all costs, it can mean victory or defeat.

Caster Minion: Caster minions attack enemies from a range by firing bolts of energy that are the same colour as their teams. Three spawn each wave. On Twisted Treeline, they give 22 gold on death, value increases by +1 gold after the 1st wave and +1 gold per 5 minutes after that. On Summoner Rift, they give 16 gold on death in the first wave. Last place in 2nd tier only because of its' range.

Melee Minion: Melee minions charge directly against the enemy. Three spawn each wave. Melee minions have more health than Caster Minions. On Twisted Treeline, they give 29 gold on death, and the value increases by +1 gold after the 1st wave and +1 gold per 5 minutes after that. On Summoner Rift, they give 22 gold on death in the first wave. This is "hard to place" because it is in the front lines and it usually get's picked off as 'cs'.

Deeper explanation + how to counter

Minions and turrets will only deviate from their standard behavior to come to the aid of an ally under duress. Whenever any unit is under attack, it generates a ‘call for help’. Minions and turrets have slightly different reactions to a call for help.
Under normal circumstances, a minion’s behavior is extremely simple. Minions follow their attack route until they reach an enemy to engage. Every few seconds, they will scan the area around them for the highest priority target. When a minion receives a call for help from an ally, it will evaluate its current target in relation to the target designated by the call. It will switch its attack to the new target if and only if the new target is of a higher priority than their current target. Minions prioritize targets in the following order:

An enemy champion designated by a call for help from an allied champion. (Enemy champion attacking an Allied champion)
An enemy minion designated by a call for help from an allied champion. (Enemy minion attacking an Allied champion)
An enemy minion designated by a call for help from an allied minion. (Enemy minion attacking an Allied minion)
An enemy turret designated by a call for help from an allied minion. (Enemy turret attacking an Allied minion)
An enemy champion designated by a call for help from an allied minion. (Enemy champion attacking an Allied minion)
The closest enemy minion.
The closest enemy champion.
Note: Single-target spells such as Disintegrate or Null Sphere will not generate a call for help, however spells that applies On-Hit effects like Parrrley or Mystic Shot will generate a call for help.
Because they are continuously reevaluating their target, minions will lose interest in an enemy champion if that champion breaks off an engagement with them, provided that there is any other target left for them to choose within range.

Minions will only reevaluate their target every few seconds. This means that if your champion initiates an attack against an enemy champion, your champion will continue to be viewed as the most threatening target for a short time after you have broken off the attack. This is true even if one of your allied champions has joined the fight, since minions always prioritize their current target over a new target of equal priority.

Note that if you leave the minions sight they will automatically reevaluate their target and will carry on walking or attacking something else, and they will not attack you again unless you attack a enemy champion in their sight

Tsukiru

01-11-2012

Making an observation on your tier list you placed caster minion in tier 2, this infuriates me and you will be reported and banned.

Voscility

01-11-2012

Your argument has no context. Caster minions does the damages.

Plz Buff Shaco

01-11-2012

Nay

TSM willxo

01-11-2012

k

SteelFlux

01-11-2012

This literally made my day. I hope to see minion guides up on MOBAfire in the future.

Loctorak

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-11-2012

If you're putting caster minions in tier 2, you probably aren't building them properly.

Voscility

01-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loctorak View Post
If you're putting caster minions in tier 2, you probably aren't building them properly.
Can you make a guide on how to build properly? I need to learn.

uglyQT

01-12-2012

i think purple caster minions belong in god tier

OninomizuRaaxon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-12-2012

Minions are op nerf nerf nerf