Pantheon/Talon Bot, Meta beware.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hellraze7

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-11-2012

So, everyone has tried it. A double ad bot. Split farm, hard sustain, many reason why people are stuck in meta mode of support/ad (ranged). I'm here to throw a combo out there, that me and my friend have just about mastered. I (Hellraze7) have main'd pantheon for some time now, and i feel he's unbeatable 1 v 1 against 90% champs (ewwwww cass). I started with taking him top, and recently i've been bringing him bot as an ad carry (most disagree because he's not ranged, although lvl 3 you can out zone and out farm any ranged ad carry). My friend (Raikalos) and i, synergize very well in lane and look for combos all the time. The moment talon came out, he was hooked and really wanted to find a way to fit him in (besides the usual solo top).

First game we tried this, we literally took tower at 5 mins.
He starts with a dorans shield, where as i start with dorans blade.
We more or less try to be passive till lvl 2, trying to split last hits, or relax and just zone for farm. At lvl 2, we literally pick one target, and wait for one mistake (usually the support, unless the ad carry is low armor as well).
Stun, Silence, Rake and Seeker. Bout 95% of the time, our target is dead. (Pantheon's passive is a kill sealer for most tough situations as well)

Reasons this works
1. Pantheon and Talon both have very strong damage output, and unless you have two exhausts, your not stopping both of us.
2. Both have a lunge, with secondary effects. Closing distances and dealing ridiculous burst damage. Pantheons stun bogs the target down (the initiating skill) and Talons follow up silence gives us enough time to burst before a flash.
3. Both of these champs are game changers when given just 1 kill, so we literally always snowball the lane after first blood and/or double kills.
4. Unless you build STRAIGHT armor (we win regardless if you do, cause your now just a weak ad carry, and tanky support, making you useless late game) our damage only increases. We have never gotten bogged down in our lane after winning early.
5. We eat supports. Enough said.
6. Go ahead and take a step off that tower. We're waiting. (that bush is op) By lvl 6, we're diving you unless you have 100 + armor (these supports, dropping like flies).

He goes WEWQWR
I go EWQQQR
I grab a wriggles asap, for warding and super sustain (80+ armor with my set up + lifesteal + more damage? Who needs to back?) , he grabs boots 1 and works towards brutalizer (Enough said).
Yes, this combo is very dangerous (mana microing on Pantheon, good communication, and very strong handles on your champs is needed. Pantheon can fall off late unless you build him correctly, and oracle is Talon's worst enemy) but League is high risk, high reward, so why not?
Out of the 30+ games we've done this, we've lost maybe 3 (due to my recklessness mostly AKA tower diving early and what not).
I'm currently climbing silver elo, and Raikalos is on his way there. I assure you, its not the enemy's being noobs, this combo legitimately works.
Questions? Comments?

Raikalos

01-11-2012

Bump

Pureownage6

01-11-2012

Ok, this is cool for laning phase, not for when you're in a team fight trying to go kill their carry and get stopped and insta-killed. This isn't some groundbreaking combo lol. This will fail if they have an AD carry with a clue along with any healing support (preferably Soraka), along with a bloodthirster, your combo is useless as both champions are farm or kill dependent or they suck, so yep you're ruining it for your own team.

Oh, and diving at 6..

Tristana - Get healed and ult one off (most likely talon) and quickly focus the other down with the towers help.
Vayne - Condemn into turret while being healed and quickly focus one down.
Graves - q/r np
Ashe - Ult/heal if needed
Caitlyn - Shouldn't get dove due to her range anyways but she could die if you're both full hp.
Corki - e/flash away if needed, otherwise get healed

Oh, and if the support is close enough to get caught they are stupid and shouldn't be there in the first place.

Obviously these won't work every time, but neither will your scenarios.

Conclusion: This is stupid, sorry to inform you but you were playing against noobs.

Edit: Your history looks as if you've both tried this twice. Jussayn

Raikalos

01-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillSwitch View Post
Ok, this is cool for laning phase, not for when you're in a team fight trying to go kill their carry and get stopped and insta-killed. This isn't some groundbreaking combo lol. This will fail if they have an AD carry with a clue along with any healing support (preferably Soraka), along with a bloodthirster, your combo is useless and both champions are farm or kill dependent or they suck, so yep you're ruining it for your own team.

Oh, and diving at 6..

Tristana - Get healed and ult one off (most likely talon) and quickly focus the other down with the towers help.
Vayne - Condemn into turret while being healed and quickly focus one down.
Graves - q/r np
Ashe - Ult/heal if needed
Caitlyn - Shouldn't get dove due to her range anyways but she could die if you're both full hp.
Corki - e/flash away if needed, otherwise get healed

Oh, and if the support is close enough to get caught they are stupid and shouldn't be there in the first place.

Obviously these won't work every time, but neither will your scenarios.

Conclusion: This is stupid, sorry to inform you but you were playing against noobs.

Edit: Your history looks as if you've both tried this twice. Jussayn
Rudely put, but either way, thank you for your opinion good sir!

Edit: Anndd nu. We've tried this numerous times. Recent history, then yes. You would see 2 recent times.

Hellraze7

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-11-2012

We just started doing it again, last time we tried this was 2 patches ago.
5 damage vs 4 damage late game, and you think its a disadvantage? =/
This wins lane phase, ive never seen a bloodthirster rushed as early as 10, tower is gone way before then.
Their support, is dead, unless they sit at tower. That would easily win us the lane. The only thing i see that would make sense, is the jungle coming early, but it rarely works as we are very map aware.
You have a clue, but i assure you, its not "noobs" that we are killing 24/7.
If we're diving at 6, more then likely the others arn't that lvl.

Thank you for the input though, greatly appreciate it.

PS. I did forget to mention, whenever anyone is by themself in the lane (we kill one or force one to back) they are forced to sit on tower, or its a free kill.

Pureownage6

01-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellraze7 View Post
We just started doing it again, last time we tried this was 2 patches ago.
5 damage vs 4 damage late game, and you think its a disadvantage? =/
This wins lane phase, ive never seen a bloodthirster rushed as early as 10, tower is gone way before then.
Their support, is dead, unless they sit at tower. That would easily win us the lane. The only thing i see that would make sense, is the jungle coming early, but it rarely works as we are very map aware.
You have a clue, but i assure you, its not "noobs" that we are killing 24/7.
If we're diving at 6, more then likely the others arn't that lvl.

Thank you for the input though, greatly appreciate it.

PS. I did forget to mention, whenever anyone is by themself in the lane (we kill one or force one to back) they are forced to sit on tower, or its a free kill.
Farming at tower is just as easy, not to mention if you went against Blitz support with any carry, blitz has the silence to counter yours + a knockup to ensure a safe getaway. Also if you're sitting in the bush as you describe it, blitz can easily pull you (if not you're the one whos zoned and getting 1/2 the farm I am).

There's a reason people don't do this lmfao..

Hellraze7

01-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillSwitch View Post
Farming at tower is just as easy, not to mention if you went against Blitz support with any carry, blitz has the silence to counter yours + a knockup to ensure a safe getaway. Also if you're sitting in the bush as you describe it, blitz can easily pull you (if not you're the one whos zoned and getting 1/2 the farm I am).

There's a reason people don't do this lmfao..
Let me explain some more.
In detail, what we do is deny safe players farm by not pushing our lane. Its a double edged sword, but you'll find that 2 damage with small farm, is stronger then 1 damage without farm.
We also play this combo situationally; We don't by any means just sit around still or anything like that.
We micro really hard, if you don't know what micro is, you should definitely look into it, it greatly improved my universal skills in League.
Blitz would be a big counter, but we're not gonna just push the lane to where you can sit on the tower and farm. His silence doesn't come till 6, and you're really gonna have to manage your mana for the knock up spam that early. We can go through about 5 bursts before we are completely depleted.
Maybe we got off on the wrong foot, by no means am i saying this is 100% or your money back, i'm just saying, we've beat almost every combo bot we've faced with this, in and out of ranked. It does work.

Don't be so aggressive man, its just an opinion. I just wanted to throw this combo out there, cause a lot of people i play with are looking for a way around the meta (assuming others are too), and i figured id give an idea from experience. But thank you again for the input, its greatly appreciated.

thepantsparty

01-11-2012

Yes, kill lanes do well against ad carry/support because of how useless carries are early on, that's not exactly groundbreaking. If they play defensively and you fail to stomp the lane early or if you fail to continue to press your advantage after winning the lane, the carry will farm up and you all die.

Hellraze7

01-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepantsparty View Post
Yes, kill lanes do well against ad carry/support because of how useless carries are early on, that's not exactly groundbreaking. If they play defensively and you fail to stomp the lane early or if you fail to continue to press your advantage after winning the lane, the carry will farm up and you all die.
100% agreed. Out of any kill lane combo i've seen, this is the one that i'd bank on winning. I enjoy the meta, it is there for a reason, but its nice to take a break from it. Viable is what people need now a days, and i feel this is somewhat viable. Double edged sword no doubt though. The only reason i think this one is so good, is honestly the insta-lunges, and cc along with em. Burst damage like that is amazing, and by far the most fun i've ever experienced in all my games on LoL. Thank you tons for your input. =)

Voscility

01-11-2012

This will not work against 1600 elo+ sorry.