Early/Mid/Late??Whats more important?!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LegionWarlord

01-11-2012

i get really confused sometimes when people compare character. they will say "so and so's early game is great but their late game sucks" what do you want to focus on my thinking is that if you rock your early game the late game shouldn't be a problem right?

some one give a a proper explanation please?

Syllogistic

01-11-2012

If you beat the early game, you give the enemy a tough time in mid and they probably won’t even get to late (depending on how badly you’re owning them)

If you beat them mid game, towers get pushed and their team is wrecked havoc upon

If the two teams are equally matched, or somewhat equally matched, then you go to late game, where tower and teamfights win games.

It’s your call, but personally I see the team that wins the laning phase and jungler ganking phase tends to win the rest of the game. So strong jungler and champions strong at laning/early game, while not sacrificing mid and late too much (think… Lee Sin or Ezreal) will be particularly strong

LegionWarlord

01-11-2012

how big is the importance though is it ok to lose your early game but come back mid/late game?

MultiTrackDrifto

01-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionWarlord View Post
how big is the importance though is it ok to lose your early game but come back mid/late game?
In very specific cases. For instance, bot lane vayne soraka vs. caitlyn sona. The caitlyn sona will in many cases, win the early game. Its what caitlyn was designed to do. However, if the vayne can survive until the late game, then she will do much more damage than said caitlyn due to her skill set.

LegionWarlord

01-11-2012

i also know flat runes, and per/level runes also affect the game early and late. but i usually hear people get per/level runes over flat runes. why?

Biffels

01-12-2012

This is way too dependent on your team setup. Some champions will completely dominate one of the phases but be lacking in another. LeBlanc is a perfect example of this I feel. Early game is decent, midgame is a beast and then she starts to fall off entering lategame because people have MR and her ratios can't keep up.
Excluding team composition I would say early/midgame is the most important assuming you aren't on a team of idiots. Both these phases are the gold phases where your entire job is to get as much gold as possible before teamfights start to pop up everywhere. All skill differences aside the team with the most gold can counter the best and should win teamfights in early lategame leading to an eventual victory.

When considering flat vs per level runes try to think about when your champion is most needed. I usually run flat mp5 on my supports because they the mp5/level don't equal a flat mp5 rune until level 13 and your major job of babysitting the ad carry is over by then.
Generally speaking the most per level runes I see are MR and AP. The Mr/level is usually because most champs don't have a decent mr/level base stat and AP is needed mid/late game, not early game.

ChipsAhoy

01-12-2012

In solo queue, early game and mid game are far more important than late game. Early kills, solo or with a jungler, can easily cause ragequits/afks and force the other team to play poorly. Basically the early game sets the pace for the rest of the game and a few kills in your favor will make your team more confident and the enemy team more desperate.

R2D2 Bot

01-12-2012

Early game is far more important.
If you get kills in early game, you get more gold to buy items for mid game.
Thanks to those items you get easier kills in mid game and therefore gold to buy items for late game.
Thanks to those items you get easier kills in late game and therefore clean access to their towers and Nexus.
Nuff said.

cerealsmok3r

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-13-2012

it usually depends on which time you cna make it too but to me its usually late game