How good is teemo?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sovietclam

01-11-2012

I have recently got teemo, and i love the little yordle. I usually go like 10/2 with him. He is great but the thing is...i feel like all im doing is ksing with poision. I get fed as teemo but my teamates still seem to be the ones dropping the enemy champions. Is teemo a good dps?

By the way, i know he has great utility with his shrooms, but at my level nobody on my team even is aware a minimap exists so for teemos "support" traits they are kind of wasted.

Funkmaster Furby

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-11-2012

Like you said, his utility is almost priceless, shrooms are a dmg, slow, and ward, also i believe (i may be wrong) 30secs or less cd. But i have never built him as a "powerhouse", with ap and magic pen his poison is nasty, and his blind shot can save allies from a.d. Carries.

LegionWarlord

01-11-2012

teemo is god

(doesnt have teemo, can't help you)

shurkin

01-11-2012

i <3 teemo but then i played a few games as cait now i hate his range T.T and talon rips u to bits.

Intsikandy

01-11-2012

Teemo's not really a support, most people play him as a on-hit/attack speed bruiser hybrid top lane, or as AP, and in lower levels and Elo, he ca be effective as AD. He can do a lot of sustained damage through building magical on-hit effects while being fairly tanky through items like Frozen Mallet, Madred's Bloodrazor, Malady, Wit's End, Sword of the Divine, and maybe even Guinsoo's rageblade. Keep in mind this is magical damage mostly, so what most people reccomend is putting masteries as 9/21/0, making sure to take magic penetration, while putting in 21 points in defense to be beefy enough to fight, being sure to take increased HP, regen, reduced damage, and all, especially because of his hidden passive, "global taunt." Take either flat armor pen, armor pen and attack speed, or armor pen and attack damage as runes, and either health per level, or armor yellows and magic resist or magic resist per level blues.

To build AP, the main source of damage is mostly from your shrooms and picking off people who unfortunately get by your ultimate, or fortifying yourself and your team during battles and skirmishes in fights. AP Teemo can easily take a person from 2k health to 0 if farmed enough from mistepping on 3 shrooms. It also affects your poisons and the nuke from your Q, so it's not bad as a unconventional burst/debuff mage. I still reccomend the same runes and masteries, but you can take magic pen and attack speed if you'd like.

As for AD Two phantom dancers and a Infinity edge, hextech gunblade, bloodthirster, all great items. This typically means building him as you would any AD carry. But this path isn't as survivable, and his range is too poor to be justified to play this way for the benefits, but you can build anyone like this actually and stomp anyone in lower levels. The fact that you were allowed to get this far in the game meant that the enemy was bad, or the game was way too long.

Teemo is a very versatile, strong, underestimated, extremely annoying, and a huge threat to the enemy when played correctly, but Teemo is also the most killed champion in the game, which might be saying something. He can be played top, middle, bottom, support, or even jungle, he has a variety of builds from debuff mage, to bruiser(best), AD, or just pick whatever you like. He can escape nearly any situation with move quick and ghost, and the map control, blind, debuff, large damage, and tankiness he can potentially provide to the team makes him definitely a very solid pick, just don't be a baddie noob feeder Teemo. I swear I see 20 for every 1 good Teemo I see.

KrystalSundancer

01-11-2012

2 Million Teemo's die each day on the Fields of Justice.

He is good character, drops off a bit at late game but still useful in pushing down Turrets. Shrooms are your bread and butter. Place them well and you will give your team a solid advantage throughout the game.

Samiam22

01-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrystalSundancer View Post
2 Million Teemo's die each day on the Fields of Justice.

He is good character, drops off a bit at late game but still useful in pushing down Turrets. Shrooms are your bread and butter. Place them well and you will give your team a solid advantage throughout the game.
Drops off a bit? With a good on-hit build, late game is your strong point to anyone who doesn't focus you fast enough.

NekoAzusa

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-11-2012

I agree with Samiam22 by late game Teemo should be able to one-on-one almost anyone
When I'm not playing Teemo I miss his shrooms being everywhere...

pedrogbs

01-13-2012

Intsikandy said it all!

Teemo is, most important, fun. AP Teemo is a pain in the ass of any fleeing enemy, and blind dart does hurt.
On-hit Teemo, with Madred's Bloodrazor, Malady and Wit's End is crazy. Melts people down.
But Teemo is really squish and easy killed, so care a lot to not feed!

And this is the most fun Teemo music!! LOLOLOLOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJoxvYDn6Wk

lockpooh

01-13-2012

I love teemo. He was the first champ I really got into when I started playing a few months ago. I tried a few builds but found I do best with

Mandreds, AS boots, Malady, Wits End, Frozen Mallet & Bloodthirster.

Farm hard and farm fast, I end most games with something like 12/2 w/ 300+ CS. But really, his shrooms are his bread & butter. I use them as wards on my part of the map and push a lane. The shrooms give you good warning when they are coming for a gank and really all you need to do is move somewhere random and stand still for invisibility. When they move away go back and start pushing the lane again. It keeps a few of them busy looking for you when they get oracles, I use teleport to a shroom i put on the other side of the map and start pushing that lane. During team fights, you pretty much wreck as long as you use your blind wisely.

Don't play him as you would tryn, you'll get frustrated that way. Teemo is meant to piss off the other team and throw them off balance. And if you see an AP teemo, get oracles and farm him like crazy. He'll feed you well. A good teemo is seen pushing, but almost never found. High mobility, teleport to anywhere on the map (scattered shrooms), fast lane clears & invisibility are insane.