All about tanks!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shags

10-10-2009

(Not a Guide, I didn't know where else to post this)

I love my tanks, Ive been playing all the tank class's lately and I gotta say im in love with Malphite, he just seems to have alot going for him, very balanced and has a good initiator.

The items I usually get are, Philo stone, Dodge boots, 3 hearts of gold then start stacking sunfire capes (selling whatever once I have cash for the sunfires)

Some say why stack those capes!!! well rammus and malphite both have skills based on armor, Sunfire adds heath and armor and that's great imo. I usually end a game with 3600ish health. 9-0-21 I like faster cooldowns. (cooldown and mana regain runes.)

What tank do you play and a short rundown of items you buy that you enjoy.

especially wanna hear from the Rammus and Singed players! but all welcome!

Thanks!

Rudeboymike

10-10-2009

I know she isn't regarded (by the game aleast) as a tank, but i think morgana is the most awesome tank out there. I stack her with all HP runes for red, yellow, and quints.. but static cooldown reduc for blues. Masteries: 9/0/21 for port, flash, cooldown reduction, and mana regen. I generally build her as:
Zetta's Mana Manip
Soulshroud
Fiendesh Codex
Stack Warmogs
But if your team is suiciding towers (which often happens with Yi), get a guardian angel to to hold larger team pushes.

Basically go solo mid against preferably 2 of them (to prevent them from getting a level advantage). Never leave the safety of your own turret, but never let them push your turret at all. You can't be stunned (with shield), making you very hard to be ganked. You can also pop the ult to get away. When teammates come in, set up for a gank with your stun+ult+soil combo, and push with your teammate afterwards. You won't ever push a tower by yourself, dont try, just stay in the safety blanket of your own and defend against 2-3 champs.

Ive tanked all 5 champs before kiting them around the jungles while my team got to me or pushed a tower. Good games ill go 5-0-20. Bad Games 0-3-15. And tbh, it takes literally no skill at all. Only skill it takes it aiming your skill shot and paying attention to the map for potential ganks.

RyuuKitten

10-11-2009

Rammus.

Chalice
Tabi
Guardian Angel
Sunfire Cape
Sunfire Cape
Sunfire Cape

I love my breakdancing armadillo thingy.

I usually grab Q as much as possible, level ult as available, and level the tuant every other time. I'll grab a rank or two of W here and there but I find the taunt is insanely useful early game in setting up ganks. (Oh hai you're slowed. Not my partner stunned you. Now you're taunted. Now you're dead.)

Endgame having 120/second combined with the ult destroys in a team fight. Solo you can taunt someone pop W and watch them kill themselves. Great times.

SkarFaith

10-11-2009

I play Singed.

Masteries:
Utility Maxed out + Defense for Nimbleness

Runes:
Red: Crit Chance (for that little surprise burst when Ult is on)
Yellow: Dodge
Blue: Mana regen ->18
Quint: Move Speed

Skills:

Max Poison trail and Toss with the following exceptions. Ult whenever possible, one level in super sticky at level 8 or 9 if I don't have a disabler in my lane.

Items:

Philo stone
BoS
Rod of the ages
Archangel's staff
Force of nature

The rest depends on the situation.

Zhyona's ring, Frozen heart, Banshee's veil, Abyssal scepter, ...

White Rock

10-11-2009

I almost only play tanks when i get to play.

Taric, Cho'gath, malphite... but right now it's alistar. He has great CC and a heal.

Also enjoy your sunfire stacking while you can, it's becoming a unique passive.

It dosen't bother me that much since wardens/thornmail and then a mallet/hp item has much better stats/price ratio.

RyuuKitten

10-12-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Rock View Post
Also enjoy your sunfire stacking while you can, it's becoming a unique passive.
Oh, so you mean I'll have to think about what to use on a tank? Gasp.

I was actually eying atma's impaler for my rammus today after building the first sunfire and my GA, but then the other team surrendered. :/

GNOY

10-12-2009

I usually go hybrid for malphite. He can dish out nice dmg so you are not obligated to go straight tank items. Trinity force + Guardian Angel after dodge-boots (getting trinity first usually). Then, depending on situation I either get more dps or more tanky.

Rageweaver

10-12-2009

Play singed quite a lot. My build usually goes boots (movement only), warmogs, force of nature... after this I work out what the opponents are using and what's needed. This build is PURE tank, you're not a damage dealer at all. But if you're gonna play a tank (not a hybrid) then that's the way to build singed in my opinion.

With rammus it does generally come down to stacking useful armor items (depending on what your opponents are using) and then stacking sunfires. it's not really THAT hard to work out which items to go for with rammus usually.