Help Us Stop SOPA

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheXSkinnyXOne

01-11-2012

While I do not think the government should pass a bill that has the ability to affect actual businesses, the internet does not belong to any one person, and the ability to access the internet is not a right. People have squandered their unlimited access to information and exploited companies for personal gain. It was only a matter of time.

BlueCarrot

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-11-2012

i really dont feel like using that link accomplishes anything. I dont know anything about politics but what stops them from just ignoring all those pre-typed messages?

Pyrossword

01-11-2012

Hell no. We must do something and stop this **** SOPA. So do what Riot suggested and hope that other companies (a.k.a Blizzard, Beteshda, Valve, EA, ...) will act too. If that happens its "bye SOPA".

Guntermench

01-11-2012

See... The problem is... As a Canadian...

I don't have a ZIP code...

Valenten

01-11-2012

Im glad Ryze and Tryndamere finally commented on this issue i asked Phreak about Riots stand on SOPA and PIPA a few weeks ago and now look they come out with a post saying to help stop it ive been spreading the word on this for weeks already and ive voiced my opinion thanks riot u just got A LOT more support and i am very happy that i have supported this company for over a year and a half now
still my favorite gaming company and hope to work with yall soon!!!!

SoftLock

01-11-2012

This is why i love RiotGames, too bad im from Argentina so i cant send the opposition

oh and btw F**K SOPA

SkilllessNoob

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-11-2012

Singed.

Meruze

01-11-2012

Hey, here's a bright idea!

Why don't we CHANGE SOPA. The concept of the bill was started with the best of intentions (stopping pirates, who, by the way, are baddies), and it got out of hand because the people behind it don't actually inhabit our sphere of knowledge.

I'm all for really stopping internet piracy. It's insanely bad for business, and when groups of people (*coughANONYMOUScough*) decide that a law will inconvenience them (oh no! They might have pay for their games, movies, etc!) and make threats and the like, it's even worse for business. Companies are less likely to keep producing stuff because, surprise surprise, it is "pirated" (theft. that's what it is, and it's wrong). Bandai Namco has already stopped producing NEW anime series because of online pirates (whine and make excuses all you like, it's the **** truth).

So let's help make SOPA viable, rather than tear it down and bury it.

Sceptre Prison

01-11-2012

Respect for Riot has multiplied by 1000. Finally, a company that is not some faceless corporation. Bravo, bravo.

Like 8000 Ninjas

01-11-2012

<3