Help Us Stop SOPA

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

shadeozero

01-11-2012

America needs to keep thier bills and Laws within thier own country and leave the rest of us out of your rules dont apply to us. stop trying to control everything for christs sake.

Support SOPA

01-11-2012

I hate streams they always use crappy music. They should have to pay royalty fees to play it.

SinisterStriker

01-11-2012

What we need to do....

Is organize a flash mob in protest to SOPA outside the Whitehouse. That will definitley get the attention of our Government and media. We cant just protest this in the internet. We need to get out into the real world.

Any sugestions?

Zhitong

01-11-2012

"First time posting on Reddit, I just made this account to post. But would it be a good idea, (I'm not sure how Riot would implement this) but changing the LoL client or whatever into a mimicry of what would happen if SOPA passed for like a week? Like say Riot would censor or not let links post in the PVP.net chat system, and ask streamers not to stream for a week and other affects of SOPA? Sorry for the poor wording, I'm running to class late for this. But basically apply what SOPA entails for a week to LoL to generate the feeling of what really happens, and will happen if this act is passed?
If we could get ALL game companies to do the same for a week, I'm sure quite a few billion people game, then we would generate enough anti-SOPA feelings, it would get the word out."

My idea of protest, somewhat drastic but effective. Would Riot be able to communicate with other game companies and create an effective way of protest during the same week? This would grab the attention of gamers everywhere at once.

shaiith

01-11-2012

This is the beginning of the end.
Third World War is no longer a worst case scenario, ladies & gentleman, it is becoming a reality. Almost a century has passed since the first one and now it shall end with the third. 2011-2013 will be known as years of riot. 2014 will begin a confrontation between two world superpowers (guess which). By 2016, the war will reach its pinnacle and most, if not all, of the Earth's countries shall be drawn in the conflict. 2018 will set in stone the victors and, hopefully, by 2020 the dust will settle.
This *decade is one of war, brought on by greed and all that oozes from it. (*Note that I refrain myself from using 'century' instead of 'decade'.)

The end is coming in 2012, but only the end of an era. Change will come, change must come! But in what way and where will it lead us?

PS: So basically, what I'm trying to say is: pass or not, SOPA is just one of the buttons our elected ones have been pushing and it's only a matter of time until a vein pops.

7S Wrath

01-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroubledPanda View Post
Well thank God I am Canadian.
Sadly if SOPA were passed you should be. Profitable online businesses would take their business elsewhere, likely Canada.

randomfightfan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxwsed View Post
if ur not in usa http://www.avaaz.org/en/save_the_internet/
i don't know about this... I see names getting signed every second but i refresh every couple of minutes yet it's always at 1123595 votes... wtf

Dubledox

01-11-2012

Done and done. Although I personalized the message instead of sending the default complaint, as well-phrased as it was.

Ahses

01-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroubledPanda View Post
Well thank God I am Canadian.
Shame all of the world's servers are in the U.S. therefore making them subject to herpderp laws passed by old men and women who don't know how to turn a computer on.

MeezyGG

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rep Jared Polis View Post
Hi, this is Congressman Jared Polis of Colorado. As a member of the League of Legends community (partial to Anivia and Maokai), and as someone who made his living as an Internet entrepreneur before being elected to Congress, Iím greatly concerned about the future of the Internet and gaming if Congress doesn't wake up. You may have heard that Congress is currently considering a bill called the Stop Online Piracy Act, or SOPA. While SOPA has a ton of problems, there are some significant issues that I thought fellow gamers might want to know about.

Iím particularly concerned that SOPA might stifle the kind of innovation that brings us games we love, such as LoL. The bill makes it far too easy for angry competitors to sue good law abiding companies out of existence. It threatens any company or website that depends on user-generated content, even companies like Riot. Instead of coming up with great ways to keep making games like LoL even better, companies will have to spend their money hiring lawyers. That's why companies like Riot, who want to protect the games they create, are opposed to SOPA.

Iíve been working on alternative legislation that would protect the games companies create while also fostering innovation. But we also need you to call your members of Congress and let them know of your opposition to SOPA. This bill has a very real chance of passing, and it is up to all of who want to protect the Internet to take action. More information is available at http://keepthewebopen.com/. Please make your voices heard in this debate! I will be happy to respond to your posts below, and will check back every few hours today and respond to as many as I can.

More people like you in the position you fill would be amazing. idk why they think sopa is a good idea but we will fight this.