Help Us Stop SOPA

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mantis Halen

01-11-2012

Sorry, but i support the SOPA and PIP, Its kinda bull how you promote the use of bad language and allow others to verbally harass others in, and out of game.

Think about it riot, what did people tell you earlier, but you ignored them, that they would bring this "harassment and cyber bullying" to the attention of a higher authority. Sorry, your voice isnt all that matters here riot

have a good day

Zaelyx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-11-2012

Wow, bs. Shared on my FB.

Btw- BEST. SENATOR. EVER. . . . I want to live in Colorado.

Amazing MuhKuh

01-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rep Jared Polis View Post
Hi, this is Congressman Jared Polis of Colorado. As a member of the League of Legends community (partial to Anivia and Maokai), and as someone who made his living as an Internet entrepreneur before being elected to Congress, Iím greatly concerned about the future of the Internet and gaming if Congress doesn't wake up. You may have heard that Congress is currently considering a bill called the Stop Online Piracy Act, or SOPA. While SOPA has a ton of problems, there are some significant issues that I thought fellow gamers might want to know about.

Iím particularly concerned that SOPA might stifle the kind of innovation that brings us games we love, such as LoL. The bill makes it far too easy for angry competitors to sue good law abiding companies out of existence. It threatens any company or website that depends on user-generated content, even companies like Riot. Instead of coming up with great ways to keep making games like LoL even better, companies will have to spend their money hiring lawyers. That's why companies like Riot, who want to protect the games they create, are opposed to SOPA.

Iíve been working on alternative legislation that would protect the games companies create while also fostering innovation. But we also need you to call your members of Congress and let them know of your opposition to SOPA. This bill has a very real chance of passing, and it is up to all of who want to protect the Internet to take action. More information is available at http://keepthewebopen.com/. Please make your voices heard in this debate! I will be happy to respond to your posts below, and will check back every few hours today and respond to as many as I can.
i dont even.....
Theres a special avatar fpr congresspeople?

AldrickExGladius

01-11-2012

I tried bringing this up to my friends well before the whole Censorship Day happened and they thought that it wasn't that big of a deal. Hopefully as now more people are spreading the word, they will realize the affect this will have if it passes. As a student studying Computer Engineering, this is of great importantce to me. If it passes it really reduces the need for better computing technology as who's going to need it if the internet is blocked off from so many people. With a degraded internet, new ideas are fewer and we're taking a step back from progress. SOPA is not the way to deal with pirates.

BlueLeaderOne

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciyth View Post
nobody loves you. we will **** on you and bury you with the rest of congress
Not all of congress supports this. They're just trying to please their constituents, which include all of us, as well as the HUGE media companies, and media companies aren't very fond of the internet.

Boglioni

01-11-2012

standing behind you riot

also is their a way for non american players to help? the site you linked refuses to accept my canadian ip.

Lantean

01-11-2012

SOPA doesn't apply to any countries out of the US. Example, this doesn't affect myself in Canada.

This is a US Law that will only affect companies in the USA.

If Riot was smart they would start shifting out of the US like most companies are starting to do now.

ExpertSockThrow

01-11-2012

I'm so glad that Riot is taking a stance on this! I've written twice to my representatives, but I think another letter wouldn't hurt.

Keep the internet open! If the MPAA and RIAA can't adapt to the times, then perhaps someone else should fill their shoes.

BlGFISH

01-11-2012

Fortunately I live in Canada. However I am against SOPA because it affects us in the North as well but we can not seem to be able to do much about it except just try and wait and hope for the best. But I have been following this enough and just hope most of Congress comes to reality and that if they pass this it will in turn become bad for the economy.

ThePotatoProdigy

01-11-2012

Riot, Respect <3. Thank you for enlightening in the community to how terrible SOPA and PIPA are. We need more game devs like you, who actually care.