Help Us Stop SOPA

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Healcannon

01-11-2012

thanks guys. ive been looking for a link to stop this for a bit but never put myself into actually doing it until you guys made this post.

i had no idea big companys like google reddit and facebook were all talking about powerouts to protest thats awesome

Takdemon

01-11-2012

I'm sad that i can't do much since I'm not from the USA. But i agree, SOPA needs to be stop

sousaphun

01-11-2012

Find out who's supporting SOPA:
http://sopaopera.org/
BRING 'EM DOWNNN

HoundDawg

01-11-2012

among many other observations, i realize how this looks to be a problem. this is my opinion. the internet is vast, huge, and games are a very large part of it. in a sense, the internet has been the futuristic part of life for a while now. i could ramble on about other things, but theres one underlining fact. these games are made by smart people. very smart people, and very talented people. by taking these games away(remember that these games are still progressing and growing) it is almost wasting ones talent. in a world that is advancing, and NEEDS to keep advancing, why waste something that IS advancing on the internet, our futuristic program?

pyde

01-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rep Jared Polis View Post
Hi, this is Congressman Jared Polis of Colorado. As a member of the League of Legends community (partial to Anivia and Maokai), and as someone who made his living as an Internet entrepreneur before being elected to Congress, Iím greatly concerned about the future of the Internet and gaming if Congress doesn't wake up. You may have heard that Congress is currently considering a bill called the Stop Online Piracy Act, or SOPA. While SOPA has a ton of problems, there are some significant issues that I thought fellow gamers might want to know about.

Iím particularly concerned that SOPA might stifle the kind of innovation that brings us games we love, such as LoL. The bill makes it far too easy for angry competitors to sue good law abiding companies out of existence. It threatens any company or website that depends on user-generated content, even companies like Riot. Instead of coming up with great ways to keep making games like LoL even better, companies will have to spend their money hiring lawyers. That's why companies like Riot, who want to protect the games they create, are opposed to SOPA.

Iíve been working on alternative legislation that would protect the games companies create while also fostering innovation. But we also need you to call your members of Congress and let them know of your opposition to SOPA. This bill has a very real chance of passing, and it is up to all of who want to protect the Internet to take action. More information is available at http://keepthewebopen.com/. Please make your voices heard in this debate! I will be happy to respond to your posts below, and will check back every few hours today and respond to as many as I can.
That best way to stop SOPA it to hack supporting website and government website place worms in them. The US congress will not be hearing anyone who is not for SOPA and have said so.

The best way to stop SOPA nad the only way is the cripple them with ongoing attacks to websites. The US goverment dose not care about what the people want or don't want the do not fear the people as they should. FEAR IS THE KEY bring them down to there knees or don't bother trying.

The goverment is not in place for the people as it was at the start it is now in pockets to make money for themselves and the friends not the people .

The Rep Jared Polis Is a wolf in sheep skin to lure sheep in to thinking hes on our side. He will not tell you who's pocket hes in and trust me he is in someone's pocket.

Bangtor

01-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rep Jared Polis View Post
u would just use Justin Beiber as your avatar anyway
New Favorite Rep right here haha

A Rabid Hobo

01-11-2012

I have gained so mush more respect for Riot. I just want to say thank you for joining in the fight against this bill.

sciyth

01-11-2012

I singed the petition!

I'm getting sick of this ****! when will congress get it through their corrupted mind that we don't want SOPA or PIPA or any of these other restrictions.

muffunman

01-11-2012

singed

Leosoul

01-11-2012

Someone on reddit proposed SOPA skins. My first thought was Katarina and Karma running around in the buff with big STOP CENSORSHIP bars over their naughty bits.

I should probably get out more.

Anyways, I am reminded, once again, of a famous quote:
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin

Though we aren't obtaining safety at all. Neither are the IP owners, really. They're just getting a free way to force people into submission with scare tactics, and an easy and hassle free way to sue the hell out of everything that resists. I really do wish that the government would work for the better of the people, not for special lobbyist groups and corporations with bottomless pockets of cash.