Help Us Stop SOPA

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

smileyssd

01-11-2012

buff shen

Lavii

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rep Jared Polis View Post
Hi, this is Congressman Jared Polis of Colorado. As a member of the League of Legends community (partial to Anivia and Maokai), and as someone who made his living as an Internet entrepreneur before being elected to Congress, I’m greatly concerned about the future of the Internet and gaming if Congress doesn't wake up. You may have heard that Congress is currently considering a bill called the Stop Online Piracy Act, or SOPA. While SOPA has a ton of problems, there are some significant issues that I thought fellow gamers might want to know about.

I’m particularly concerned that SOPA might stifle the kind of innovation that brings us games we love, such as LoL. The bill makes it far too easy for angry competitors to sue good law abiding companies out of existence. It threatens any company or website that depends on user-generated content, even companies like Riot. Instead of coming up with great ways to keep making games like LoL even better, companies will have to spend their money hiring lawyers. That's why companies like Riot, who want to protect the games they create, are opposed to SOPA.

I’ve been working on alternative legislation that would protect the games companies create while also fostering innovation. But we also need you to call your members of Congress and let them know of your opposition to SOPA. This bill has a very real chance of passing, and it is up to all of who want to protect the Internet to take action. More information is available at http://keepthewebopen.com/. Please make your voices heard in this debate! I will be happy to respond to your posts below, and will check back every few hours today and respond to as many as I can.
Why can't you be the congressman of my district? D': I can't believe that my congresswoman supports this horrendous bill. ┻━┻ ⌒ (ノ゚д゚)ノ <- Singed throws my tables for me. *moves to Colorado*

Wizardmon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-11-2012

Be sure to email and call your Congressmen and women and let them know you don't want it!

Naxtoof

01-11-2012

Dear riot,

it is in a time such as this that I now have a suggestion for you, make a "goto next congressman post" button.
STOP SOPA SO THAT THEY CAN USE THIS IDEA

Doc Balance

01-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rep Jared Polis View Post
Hi, this is Congressman Jared Polis of Colorado. As a member of the League of Legends community (partial to Anivia and Maokai), and as someone who made his living as an Internet entrepreneur before being elected to Congress, Iím greatly concerned about the future of the Internet and gaming if Congress doesn't wake up. You may have heard that Congress is currently considering a bill called the Stop Online Piracy Act, or SOPA. While SOPA has a ton of problems, there are some significant issues that I thought fellow gamers might want to know about.

Iím particularly concerned that SOPA might stifle the kind of innovation that brings us games we love, such as LoL. The bill makes it far too easy for angry competitors to sue good law abiding companies out of existence. It threatens any company or website that depends on user-generated content, even companies like Riot. Instead of coming up with great ways to keep making games like LoL even better, companies will have to spend their money hiring lawyers. That's why companies like Riot, who want to protect the games they create, are opposed to SOPA.

Iíve been working on alternative legislation that would protect the games companies create while also fostering innovation. But we also need you to call your members of Congress and let them know of your opposition to SOPA. This bill has a very real chance of passing, and it is up to all of who want to protect the Internet to take action. More information is available at http://keepthewebopen.com/. Please make your voices heard in this debate! I will be happy to respond to your posts below, and will check back every few hours today and respond to as many as I can.
...**** just got real.

DJ Radix

01-11-2012

Nerf SOPA

K0nfl1ct

01-11-2012

Stop SOPA !!!

Marshmallomancer

01-11-2012

Oh dear, the government is doing something reactive, short-sited, and stupid?! I've never heard of such a thing!

I swear to God, those guys do **** just to pretend like they're important. They need to take about 15 years off. But I know they won't, because they'd find out that the world is just fine without their constant meddling, unnecessary legislation, and idiotic motives.

+1, stop these guys from ruining stuff they DO NOT UNDERSTAND.

Zileas

VP of Game Design

01-11-2012
12 of 14 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavii View Post
Why can't you be the congressman of my district? D': I can't believe that my congresswoman supports this horrendous bill. ┻━┻ ⌒ (ノ゚д゚)ノ <- Singed throws my tables for me. *moves to Colorado*
Well, if you and a significant number of your friends and their friends call her and politely and diplomatically explain that it would be a big issue for you guys, you may be able to persuade her to revise her opinion. It's very simple to organize this by just reaching out to people who also enjoy games and/or the internet and spread the word.

The key is to express your views to her office, but to do so constructively and politely.

- Zileas

Captain Jaguar

01-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infirc View Post
Do you have to be like an american citizen to vote in the matter?, i mean i do not live in America, English is not my first language but anything that forbids people from their rightly freedoms just bugs me out as well as people taking advantage (more like abusing) of ridicolously flawed laws, so ia ctually want to put my word in there.
Ps: Concerning companies abusng the laws check out what WotC actually does and have done in the past to perfectly humble companies, now imagine what they'd do if this bill got approved .______. *completely creeps out*
We are a representative government, which means our Congressmen, people who represent our large majoritys, have the say, not us. They are SUPPOSED to follow our opinion.