Help Us Stop SOPA

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Godsword Ftw

01-22-2012

the hell with sopa D:<

pyrolord777

01-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orthan View Post
Its gone for now, which is good lets just keep an eagles eye on it from now on!
No kidding.
http://www.ted.com/talks/defend_our_..._bad_idea.html

According to what he said it wasn't the first time and it won't be the last. The media keeps trying to censor us. He also says at 12:17 that the media tried to pass a very similar bill named coica(Combating Online Infringement and Counterfeits Act). The media will stop at nothing to gain control of the Internet it seems.
It seems as a game of Command & Conquer at this point. What I mean by this is that if NOD is defeated they simply go into hiding until the next game but if NOD wins there is no next game and its game over for everyone.

pyrolord777

01-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPAKolypse View Post
So you're saying censoring is fine if you intentions are noble but censoring is bad if they aren't?
Thats exactly what I'm saying if its dealing with someone who wishes only to cause trouble such as spamming someone with nonstop curses and threats then in that case censoring is ok. If it is however censoring/removing the ability to share files just so the media can have more control over the internet, that is not ok.

LiquidR2D2

01-22-2012

**** sopa

JPAKolypse

01-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyrolord777 View Post
Thats exactly what I'm saying if its dealing with someone who wishes only to cause trouble such as spamming someone with nonstop curses and threats then in that case censoring is ok. If it is however censoring/removing the ability to share files just so the media can have more control over the internet, that is not ok.
I thought the politicians were the ones trying to control the internet?

dgj212

01-22-2012

Your telling me that the entire government is talking about something like this when they could be addressing other problems that actually do matter. Sure there's a lot of piracy going on but how the hell does this affect the government of the US? What the hell does SOPA or PIPA act do for the US? What benefits does it bring in at all? Why not focus on something that actually does matter? like animal cruelty or alternative fuel? If you ask me the government is being lazy or are using this talk about SOPA and PIPA acts to distract us from something really important.Just how they used the "area 51" rumor to turn people who think the government is trying to control them into people who think the government is trying to keep the existences of aliens secret. Some thing big is going on and it ain't pretty!

Elfaz

01-23-2012

3 WORD for SOPA

FU_K YOU SOPA

from asian player to FU_Kin SOPA

pyrolord777

01-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPAKolypse View Post
I thought the politicians were the ones trying to control the internet?
You where whining and acting like LOL was in the same boat as SOPA just because they censored you for breaking the rules. Thats not trying to control the internet its simply trying to keep the game fun for those who just want to play. Besides in the long run it hurts their game and community if they don't. People get tired of being harassed by their team mates and quit the game therefor it has to be done.

illwillkill

01-23-2012

I'm just another voice in the crowd saying "I oppose SOPA". But every single voice counts, please email/telephone your state representative even if you are from a different country. It makes a bigger impact just to hear someone calling on you from overseas about your own country's legislation.

His Grandpa

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-23-2012

DOWN WITH SOPA! this legislation is not just affecting people in the United States but also affecting other internet users in the rest of the world, glad to see Riot is opposing SOPA as well.