Help Us Stop SOPA

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PrawnJohn

01-11-2012

Riot, I'm genuinely pleased with your position on SOPA. The majority of the community would argue that Riot only care about coin, and would assume that you guys would be on SOPA's end. I agree with stopping piracy, as it's theft, regardless of how you look at it. This bill, however, is just taking it too far. Diminishing the rights of American citizens should not be a goal of the U.S government, and I would gladly sign this petition, if I was not a resident of another country. (Canada)

Keep up this attitude, it's an amazing standpoint, and you deserve to be revered for your position on it, as you differ from the majority of the mass-corporations who develop content.

Good job.

MidnightSoldier

01-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cillith View Post
Reposting my suggestion so hopefully a red post will see this!
I actually agree with this, it's a small price to pay.

Can't believe it took riot for me to take action against SOPA.

LiaGueOFTrolls

01-11-2012

whats kind ofbs is ths

Malice

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zileas View Post
He actually has been a League of Legends player since before it was cool.... About 1 month after we launched the game in North America. I met him on an airplane headed into Denver -- I was flying to LA via Denver, and he was returning to his district I believe.

The conversation went something like:
Me: "What do you do?"
Him: "I'm in politics. How about you?"
Me: "Game design."
Him: "Any games I would've heard of?"
Me: "You wouldn't have heard of what I work on now, but I used to work on WoW and War3"
Him: "Oh, I used to play Warcraft 3, but I play League of Legends now."
Me: "Hah, I'm the design director on that."

Pretty amazing random meeting.

- Zileas

Badass!

Supppp

01-11-2012

Say no to sopa!

Tial

01-11-2012

I'm not from the U.S.A i'm your Cousin from the north, aka Canadian (Quebec for more precisions since I can't stand our governement, I don't like to be affiliate with them, Conservative who will follow any order from you guys, instead of making is own will and greatness.)

It's really an horrible thing that happen that should never even have be taught, never have been talking about.
It's like we come back in the Prohibition times, no more alchool, just become, no more internet.

So as a Canadian (erk), i would love to know If anything can be done from the exterior, from an another country?

SUch talking to the Onu Representative, SOPA is a violation of the rights and liberties, I think we can make this organization put his nose in it?

Or Maybe your congress is open enough to receive letters from outsiders?

I want to fo my part as well as my friends want to!

Please Riot, Rioter, and Mister of the Congress! Help your Cousin to help you!

DeusExLamina

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcellul View Post
Occupy.... erm occupy...... the internet????
I think it'll take an Occupy the United States to get the attention of the media and our government at this point. Widescale protest will give a voice to the voiceless.

Roccano

01-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chada1 View Post
Thats not their official names and they only have some similaritys, nothing trademarks.
Sadly, it wouldnt matter, some songs are based on copyrighted material, and even if it is changed slightly, itll still be under scrutiny.
The makers of Mortal Kombat, or Bruce Lee's lawyers could come up with a lawsuit if SOPA passes and force Riot almost completely out of business.

ImARobotBoopBeep

01-11-2012

I would so vote against this but i'm from europe

nicosharp

01-11-2012

Nice - Took action.