Help Us Stop SOPA

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yeemboy

01-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rep Jared Polis View Post
u would just use Justin Beiber as your avatar anyway
You're a Colorado rep. That explains why you are so cool.

If you could come to Ohio and punch John Kasich in the nuts, that would be appreciated.

tcellul

01-11-2012

Occupy.... erm occupy...... the internet????

Brogue

01-11-2012

For my U.S. Gov class last semester I did my final paper on a current event I felt needed to be addressed and that was the SOPA and PIPA acts that were in Senate and the House right now. So...sorry if I ramble on with info. >__>

If these two bills pass into law, Hollywood and the government would have free reign to disable sites and internet content they feel is copyright infringment or intellectual property theft. Sites like Youtube, Facebook, Twitter, 4ch, and many other websites would suffer the repercusions if these ever became laws.

Right now, the OPEN Act is set to go into both houses and it not only does what SOPA and PIPA wants to do, but it does it in a way that won't hurt the people on the internet. It protects what is already there and keeps everyone safe.

I'm so glad to see that the people at Riot and the Riot community are so passionate about this issue that could affect how we all interact with and on the internet. <3

More info here: http://keepthewebopen.com/

ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWAH!

Taliesin

01-11-2012

I'm Canadian, so I can't sign the petition. However, it still has my full support. SOPA is a scary bill, made all the more terrifying by the fact that most of the politicians voting on it have no idea what it is.

BarthoBalchi

01-11-2012

PLZ WATCH THIS VIDEO and spread it around as much as possible. This video will stop the SOPA act in its tracks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJIuYgIvKsc&list=FL-BfnTkJScg_Rq4IkQIE-xQ&index=1&feature=plpp_video

AlexEst

01-11-2012

You know, this really changed my mind about Riot. I really started to think they were all about money now, seeing all skins and champs coming out are quite expensive.. but i didn't expect this from Riot.

Dustinsanity

01-11-2012

+1 finished submission here. These acts in no way are aligned with our constitutional rights.

The Caca Man

01-11-2012

Fight for our right to post ponies!!

ThaggleS

01-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zileas View Post
He actually has been a League of Legends player since before it was cool.... About 1 month after we launched the game in North America. I met him on an airplane headed into Denver -- I was flying to LA via Denver, and he was returning to his district I believe.

The conversation went something like:
Me: "What do you do?"
Him: "I'm in politics. How about you?"
Me: "Game design."
Him: "Any games I would've heard of?"
Me: "You wouldn't have heard of what I work on now, but I used to work on WoW and War3"
Him: "Oh, I used to play Warcraft 3, but I play League of Legends now."
Me: "Hah, I'm the design director on that."

Pretty amazing random meeting.

- Zileas
Zileas becomes my favorite Rioter early on in my League career. To this day he retains that spot.

Duriel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rep Jared Polis View Post
Hi, this is Congressman Jared Polis of Colorado. As a member of the League of Legends community (partial to Anivia and Maokai), and as someone who made his living as an Internet entrepreneur before being elected to Congress, Iím greatly concerned about the future of the Internet and gaming if Congress doesn't wake up. You may have heard that Congress is currently considering a bill called the Stop Online Piracy Act, or SOPA. While SOPA has a ton of problems, there are some significant issues that I thought fellow gamers might want to know about.

Iím particularly concerned that SOPA might stifle the kind of innovation that brings us games we love, such as LoL. The bill makes it far too easy for angry competitors to sue good law abiding companies out of existence. It threatens any company or website that depends on user-generated content, even companies like Riot. Instead of coming up with great ways to keep making games like LoL even better, companies will have to spend their money hiring lawyers. That's why companies like Riot, who want to protect the games they create, are opposed to SOPA.

Iíve been working on alternative legislation that would protect the games companies create while also fostering innovation. But we also need you to call your members of Congress and let them know of your opposition to SOPA. This bill has a very real chance of passing, and it is up to all of who want to protect the Internet to take action. More information is available at http://keepthewebopen.com/. Please make your voices heard in this debate! I will be happy to respond to your posts below, and will check back every few hours today and respond to as many as I can.
Wow, a real blue post..
This SOPA/PIPA business is really serious then..

Sire Brandon Beck, I have taken a stand against SOPA. I strongly advise everyone else does as well.