Help Us Stop SOPA

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SuHeLoTuFa

01-12-2012

i have a feeling we can only rely on anonymous

BestialHuntress1

01-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krogoth1 View Post
Congress is going to vote on it, and then, if it goes through, its going to be going up the chain.
It may not have passed in the past, but things change, people in the government have had new ideas put forth in front of them, as well as new wording of this bill.
As far as I can tell, the bill has recently been reworded (Before it was even being considered this time) in such a way that it seems more appealing.
Well, ever since The President took note in supporting this, people got all crazy..
The Congress will be pushing towards trying to pass this bill. But like others said, congress needs to coem to their senses, and sense this bill/law will affect everyone, the american people should have and will have the right to vote on this.. People worry of Congress but don't know that there is also 700,000,000 people in this counter and most of them will vote for the law not to pass... I can guarentee, I believe its the 14th amendment or the 15th, saying we have the right to vote that affects the american people, though revised a bit, its still the base of saying that..

Gralie

01-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BestialHuntress1 View Post
But I am sure that congress is not voting for this bill... if the people get no say in this then going against the constitution is 100% of likely... I can gaurentee there are more people that use computers now that voted on state laws ever before.. Once this word spreads more (which is does ever year) those people that play video games all day or web design or anything like that, will most likely being against this bill to pass, and therefor you can put about 50 million votes from this against the bill, and more to go from the orinal that did not let this pass before.
You can't vote against it unless u are aware of it. i read about this act before but didn't look into it. only now did i realize what it might mean because it been bought to my attention in languages that make me go and look it up in more detail. dont expect other ppl to act unless you do something about it. just assuming how those congress would vote is naive. there is a reason why the congress we have right now have the lowest approve rate on polls. ppl assume that other will vote like them and dont do anything about it, then complain only after it happen that the congress has done the wrong thing. i think riot did the right thing about posting it.

Roccano

01-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BestialHuntress1 View Post
Well, ever since The President took note in supporting this, people got all crazy..
The Congress will be pushing towards trying to pass this bill. But like others said, congress needs to coem to their senses, and sense this bill/law will affect everyone, the american people should have and will have the right to vote on this.. People worry of Congress but don't know that there is also 700,000,000 people in this counter and most of them will vote for the law not to pass... I can guarentee, I believe its the 14th amendment or the 15th, saying we have the right to vote that affects the american people, though revised a bit, its still the base of saying that..
You seem to think that we have a chance to vote on this being passed or not. We wont be able to vote on it (Not from what I have heard so far) but we can, and I already have, send messages and emails to the state congressmen/women, as well as senators and tell them what we think about this.

Hally Hansen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-12-2012

Stop SOPA!!!!!!!!!

Whispy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-12-2012

sxephil already made me do this... phillyD

Casey Johns

01-12-2012

YO! Ryze

Cernunnospt

01-12-2012

As an European i find this bill threatening, but it will not be the end of the Internet, it just means we'll go back to the dark ages for a few months untill the companies (and money) that make the internet what it is move to a free country (something that may work in favour of the old continent), once the infrastructure is rebuilt somewhere else theres not much the US laws can do to affect it, and considering the money that this industry generates it should not take too long.

Its this part that trully baffles me, this law will obliterate the US technological advantage in this area, which will certanly affect all other areas, its an obvious conclusion, and it is hard for me to believe the US lawmakers, old and outdated as they may be, cant see this.

Thedyingninja

01-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeLuvULongTime View Post
You truly have no idea what SOPA is or how it can affect you. You are also horribly misinterpreting the reason behind Riot's opposition to SOPA.
not misrepresenting their opposition, im taking from their post and addressing it.

Natures Wrath

01-12-2012

I'm actually for SOPA.

I'm totally against internet anonymity and I believe this is one of the major cornerstones to ensure that there is never true anonymity on the internet.