Help Us Stop SOPA

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HogGunner

01-12-2012

Stop SOPA for Great Justice!

HogGunner

01-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tryndamere View Post
Thanks for the support everyone - this is a big deal and is worth the effort of fighting it.
This why trynda still OP..the president plays with him dammit...

rusaerooster

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-12-2012

Quick! Get Poppy so she can use her Diplomatic Immunity!

Rosinja

01-12-2012

DOWN WITH SOPA!

Riot. I love you. If something happened and I did nothing I would never forgive myself.

Elucious

01-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thedyingninja View Post
As soon as i am on riots payroll i will gladly do so.
I know this seems crappy of me, but let me explain.
I have, in the past, complained about things that riot has done. I have done so saying that i am a customer of riot, and league of legends, as i have paid for game content. The overwhelming response that i have received to this claim has been that i am playing a free game, and as such, I am not allowed to complain about how riot runs things, or expect that i get any sort of service whatsoever over just being able to play the game, when and if it is available.
On top of that, Riot already polices game content. If you swear, harass, or break other rules, riot bans you, and without notifying you of what rule you have broken. If you want to be police, be police. The only way for a user to spread copy-written material through riot is to use text in game, or on this website. Yes, you should be responsible for the transmission of copy-written material on this site and in your game.
The claim that if a user is on your program and alt-tabs to a copy-written movie, it would make you liable, this is just an outrageous claim, seeing as though that copy-written material would not be transmitted through you in any way.
That being said, no, i will not write my congressman or do anything to hinder this legislation or help riot in any way other than the money i have paid,and my patronage which adds to the player base. To riot's request that I been a better customer (by going beyond what i do in game and writing my congressman), i give the same response that has been afforded me on my requests that riot be a better game host (by meeting deadlines, limiting downtime, informing customers of why their accounts are inaccessible), which is simply this, i am a free customer just as much as you are a free game. If things are tough on your end, deal with it, just as when the game is down and i cant play, i have to deal with it.
Good day.
When you are an adult later in life and you have next to zero freedom on the internet (or anywhere else, for that matter.. this bill could essentially snowball into worse situations!) you'll be telling your children how you wish you weren't so ignorant and misinformed back then, and that you didn't support a nation-wide destruction of our Freedom of Speech that you acted like not protesting SOPA/PIPA is some sort of act of rebellion or spite towards ONE single gaming company?

It's people like you that make me embarrassed to even exist in this country.

Leoniks

01-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidscarface View Post
huh,my respect for riot increased by a lot right now
i can't help as much since i'm not american but i urge you all to stop sopa and pipa
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhwuXNv8fJM
this is a great youtube video explaining sopa and pipa and why it is so bad
Down SOPA and PIPA. I sent my voice to my CA Congressman .Thanks for raising awareness of this ugly bill. Also watch this Kidscarface's link : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhwuXNv8fJM.

NDAA passed and now this bill is going to the House of Representatives and to the Senates in this JANUARY! These bills are restricting and taking away our constitutional rights! AMERICAN awake already!

My freedom is shedding. This is scary!

Dagarr

01-12-2012

I give this thread 30 minutes before it becomes the most upvoted thread on the entire board.

Starfrit

01-12-2012

i do not live in the US but i can totally see the destructive potential and stupidity of these two bills.

kosepaa

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-12-2012

Wow! Riot just leveled up!

Nekronata

01-12-2012

The real bad part about that bill is:

You don't like your competitor? Just upload something copyprotected on his site with a good proxy, and hes gone ....
You don't like that website? Just leave a comment with something in it, that will bring the site down.

Btw. not all Sites would go down:
For example a Steaming website from Europe, it would still work world wide, just not in the USA anymore. And alone that, guess what an effect would start to kick in, when that Bill passes --> Companys will just move out of the USA.

But yes, be against it, you guys over there DON'T have to beat North Korea in censoring the Internet -.-