Help Us Stop SOPA

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Seemeasthis

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-11-2012

message to congress............................check
signed petition......................................chec k
grabbing ingredients for smores..............check
warming up LASER...............................check
sitting online with finger on the button......check

Omega Necross

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-11-2012

This post make me smile

chghost

01-11-2012

Well another thing that the world laughs at America's government yet again.
Simple answer for all these companies is to up and move to a country that supports them. America loses huge revenues, campaign financing takes a hit and the world soon forgets that America is the leader of freedom.

Lord of the Meme

01-11-2012

Wait, do these laws effect the international community as well or just the Americans? I mean I'm against it no matter what I want my neighbours to the south having as much fun as possible - being Canadian I can't support you guys with more than a kind word.. But ****, good luck with this. I hope you Yanks make the right decision.

YokoNomi

01-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerahei View Post
@ Riot games & all employees. I signed on today and saw "Help us Stop SOPA" on the launcher.
You guys have just made the #1 spot on my favorite / most respected game designer list.

As a fellow programmer, gamer, and US citizen I salute you.
Ikr? It's almost like they--... wait. We're missing a champion preview here aren't we? I see what League did thar. D:

+1 for league and +1 for the congressman but... *is eager for the next champion to appear* ;-;

AMz Bruno

01-11-2012

How would this affect players from other countries? I mean, would this legislation also apply to players from other countries like good ol' Canada, who are playing on this server?

The Troll Patrol

01-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeorl View Post
Wait, do these laws effect the international community as well or just the Americans? I mean I'm against it no matter what I want my neighbours to the south having as much fun as possible - being Canadian I can't support you guys with more than a kind word.. But ****, good luck with this. I hope you Yanks make the right decision.

^ With the way most of our members of congress are(mainly old farts well into their 50's and such who don't know how to use the internet well) chances are they're gonna do something stupid. It's been that way for at least a decade as of recently (this is looking at you Patriot Act...so in violation of the constitution). If this passes, which I hope it never will ever, what would we (pirates, artists, and "musicians") do? Chances are we might as well go out on the streets and riot, riot way beyond what our American forefathers ever did and show the government who they're really representing.

Vivacious

01-11-2012

What is this soup everyone is talking about? Muy delicioso?

Eruresto

01-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMz Bruno View Post
How would this affect players from other countries? I mean, would this legislation also apply to players from other countries like good ol' Canada, who are playing on this server?
Certainly, because the servers are US-based.

AnHonourableMan

01-11-2012

If you know of a gaming website that accepts tipoffs [I.E. Destructoid], tip them off about this ****. A lot of them are going ape about SOPA, because it will cost them their jobs. A couple of tips from readers and Riot gets free publicity for being a decent company.