Help Us Stop SOPA

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EandE

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-11-2012

Stop sopa for lol !!!!

Vsair

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-11-2012

so after spamming and ranting to just about everyone i know (10 people) i got a large amount of don't give a **** silence.... which is too bad because there is no off button to this ranting and raving.i'm supposed to be writing up an essay, but I'm too busy ranting and raving.

StealthAlt

01-11-2012

Don't worry guys. Not only do we have a representative, but we've got Gangplank ulti for days

Enola Reverof

01-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkKel View Post
Nov 5 2012, is where we unite as a TEAM to beat the congress to take back all of our freedom. Congress can't beat us if we unite! Listen to the people that wants to really help us Anonymous!

Dear brothers and sisters. Now is the time to open your eyes!

In a stunning move that has civil libertarians stuttering with disbelief, the U.S. Senate has just passed a bill that effectively ends the Bill of Rights in America.

The National Defense Authorization Act is being called the most traitorous act ever witnessed in the Senate, and the language of the bill is cleverly designed to make you think it doesn't apply to Americans, but toward the end of the bill, it essentially says it can apply to Americans "if we want it to.

Bill Summary & Status, 112th Congress (2011 -- 2012) | S.1867 | Latest Title: National Defense Authorization Act for.

This bill, passed late last night in a 93-7 vote, declares the entire USA to be a "battleground" upon which U.S. military forces can operate with impunity, overriding Posse Comitatus and granting the military the unchecked power to arrest, detain, interrogate and even assassinate U.S. citizens with impunity.

Even WIRED magazine was outraged at this bill, reporting:

Senate Wants the Military to Lock You Up Without Trial

...the detention mandate to use indefinite military detention in terrorism cases isn't limited to foreigners. It's confusing, because two different sections of the bill seem to contradict each other, but in the judgment of the University of Texas' Robert Chesney a nonpartisan authority on military detention "U.S. citizens are included in the grant of detention authority."

The passage of this law is nothing less than an outright declaration of WAR against the American People by the military-connected power elite. If this is signed into law, it will shred the remaining tenants of the Bill of Rights and unleash upon America a total military dictatorship, complete with secret arrests, secret prisons, unlawful interrogations, indefinite detainment without ever being charged with a crime, the torture of Americans and even the "legitimate assassination" of U.S. citizens right here on American soil!

If you have not yet woken up to the reality of the police state we've been warning you about, I hope you realize we are fast running out of time. Once this becomes law, you have no rights whatsoever in America. no due process, no First Amendment speech rights, no right to remain silent, nothing.

The US senate does not want us to speak. I suspect even now orders are being shouted into telephones and men with guns will soon be on their way. Why? Because while the truncheon may be used in lieu of conversation, words will always retain their power. Words offer the means to meaning and for those who will listen, the enunciation of truth. And the truth is, there is something terribly wrong with this country, isn't there?
Cruelty and injustice...intolerance and oppression. And where once you had the freedom to object, to think and speak as you saw fit, you now have censors and systems of surveillance, coercing your conformity and soliciting your submission. How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those who are more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable. But again, truth be told...if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

I know why you did it. I know you were afraid. Who wouldn't be? War. Terror. Disease. There were a myriad of problems which conspired to corrupt your reason and rob you of your common sense. Fear got the best of you and in your panic, you turned to the now President in command Barack Obama. He promised you order. He promised you peace. And all he demanded in return was your silent, obedient consent.

More than four hundred years ago, a great citizen wished to embed the fifth of November forever in our memory. His hope was to remind the world that fairness. Justice, and freedom are more than words - they are perspectives. So if you've seen nothing, if the crimes of this government remain unknown to you, then I would suggest that you allow the fifth of November to pass unmarked. But if you see what I see, if you feel as I feel, and if you would seek as I seek...then I ask you to stand beside one another, one year from November 5th, 2011, outside the gates of every court house of every city DEMANDING our rights!!

Together we stand against the injustice of our own Government.

We are anonymous.
We are Legion.
United as ONE.
Divided by zero.
We do not forgive Censorship.
We do not forget Oppression.
US SENATE...
Expect us!!
When capitalizing the L in Legion, you are no longer making mention of a mass embodiement of individuals intent on a specific goal, but on the biblical reference to the demon jesus trapped in a pig and cast into the ocean becuase he was not powerful enough to defeat it entirely.

Turtlerocket

01-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomar View Post
Thank you Ashoge. We need more of these, bros! (And broettes!) Please hit the link and drop a line to your Congressperson. And make sure to drop a friendly reminder to your friends to do the same!
Done, done, and done.
I'm also looking into getting this issue forwarded to my school student body and staff as well.
FIGHT ON!

Devil Heart

01-11-2012

i never post anything on forums....i just generally read them...this is my first forum post...

DOWN WITH SOPA AND PIPA

Kotatsu Defense

01-11-2012

Good luck to the congressmen and senators getting voted into office next time. They're losing everyone on this

immethanarponies

01-11-2012

I am incredibly angry at the US goverment.

This has to be the 25th time that they've tried to pull some **** in their country that nobody likes but ends up affecting canada as well as the US, despite us not having the ability to vote/do something about it.

If SOPA passes Canadian internet will be censored aswell because the censorship will be done based on IP address. All Canadian/American IP addresses are "generated" and distributed from an American office. There was some technical reason that they would just end up censoring both countries internet. I will try and find the link for this.

They also have a gun to our heads that they will probably shoot if we don't finish building our massive oil pipeline from the alberta oil sands down to tennesee.

But its ok because our Prime Ministers is a spineless ***** who has been bending over and taking it in the ass for the last 15 years from both bush and obama.

Don't get me started on that fiasco they've started in the middle east.

Zyxy

01-11-2012

Kudos to Riot and Summoners from WA!

Wrote my Senate and Reps for my District (Inslee, Cantwell, Murray)

Cheers!! ^o^

Rg Toad

01-11-2012

riot you could move your HQ to china....copy right laws mean **** there, knowing final combat is being passed on through http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tBbm4h5uAw <---- does this really not look like tf2?