Help Us Stop SOPA

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bakraah

01-11-2012

SOPA shouldn't pass. And it will affect more than just games and TV.

I am a dancer, and I like to watch my favorite choreographers show their talent and share it with the dance world. Now everyone should know that we express music through dance and vice-versa. Choreographers and dancers use popular music in their dance videos, maybe a part of it or the whole song.

Now if SOPA pass, all that talent will be suppressed, limiting creativity. It will stifle the dance community as a whole.

That's just my two cents.

PeekingDuck72

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rep Jared Polis View Post
Hi, this is Congressman Jared Polis of Colorado. As a member of the League of Legends community (partial to Anivia and Maokai), and as someone who made his living as an Internet entrepreneur before being elected to Congress, Im greatly concerned about the future of the Internet and gaming if Congress doesn't wake up. You may have heard that Congress is currently considering a bill called the Stop Online Piracy Act, or SOPA. While SOPA has a ton of problems, there are some significant issues that I thought fellow gamers might want to know about.

Im particularly concerned that SOPA might stifle the kind of innovation that brings us games we love, such as LoL. The bill makes it far too easy for angry competitors to sue good law abiding companies out of existence. It threatens any company or website that depends on user-generated content, even companies like Riot. Instead of coming up with great ways to keep making games like LoL even better, companies will have to spend their money hiring lawyers. That's why companies like Riot, who want to protect the games they create, are opposed to SOPA.

Ive been working on alternative legislation that would protect the games companies create while also fostering innovation. But we also need you to call your members of Congress and let them know of your opposition to SOPA. This bill has a very real chance of passing, and it is up to all of who want to protect the Internet to take action. More information is available at http://keepthewebopen.com/. Please make your voices heard in this debate! I will be happy to respond to your posts below, and will check back every few hours today and respond to as many as I can.
I hope your being real with the riot community not just to win the peoples votes, spouting slogans from your mouth.

Chow Thyme

01-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accelerat0r View Post
Parley!
I'd like to see Gangplank in congress. Maybe he'd actually get something done

PwPwDnsr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-11-2012

If SOPA (The most stupidest sh!t i've ever heard of) passes as a law.. will League of Legends an a shizz ton more games be shut down?? this is bill cosby **** fart.. THIS IS NOT HAPPENING!!!! *Picks up laptop throws across room* G(=,=G)

Enola Reverof

01-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myoakinurface View Post
Have you ever looked at the 10 commandments and ever looked at the original 10 amendments hmmmm...... some similarities there. The only thing the founding fathers wanted was for religion to not affect the decisions the government made and how the nation was run.
Actually no. They included the seperation of church and state becuase at that time the church was directly involved in the lawmaking and the politics of kings. Many royal figures through history were seen "seeking advise" from local church affiliates and so the writers of the constitution added a seperation of church and state to prevent the vatican from becoming too powerful in the american government and imposing many medival customs such as mandatory church taxes and church sanctioned arrests.

They knew the men who ran for positions in the government would still be influenced personally,but that it maintained a system of manipulation and behind the scenes workings of the church on its followers and so prevented them from taking the freewill of the people or forcing the hands of the nation through a single communistic community, aka the vatican, becuase it has only one ruler and his word is absolute, much like hitler or any tyrant through time.

They did this to protect diplomacy for our government and also to eliminate any threat of excess taxing becuase they were bootleggers.

DEM0N

01-11-2012

This make's me like Riot as a company that much more. IF no one does anything we will have no constitutional right's anymore. This is just another step to a country over run with corruption. If anyone value's our right's as American's we need to step up, take some action, and let this rapidly corrupt government know it will NOT run us all over (remember they work for US the people..). Congress has little to no objection's to ANY bill concerning peoples constitutional right's please wake up and become involved.. Thank you Riot for doing you're part!

drifteratom

01-11-2012

Stop sopa. This is very serious people. Stop sopa!

Wolvrage

01-11-2012

You have my support even if i cant anything about it since I live in Mexico =(

Tomaros

01-11-2012

good on you riot! way to stand with the community!

+1

Robo sphincter

01-11-2012

The US has always been viewed as the pinacle nation by a large percentage of the world and in this case its a bad thing. Should the states choose to impliment this policy the affects will not be unilateral and other nations will most likely adopt similar and flawed laws, please as a member of the international community do not let this pass, its up to you guys to do what we cannot.