Help Us Stop SOPA

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MobileVortex

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-11-2012

I really appreciate Riot Games for bringing attention to this matter.

I just bought $10 of RP.

FrankenNiggel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-11-2012

I used the linked form to ask my reps to support this,

MrBrunoMars

01-11-2012

This is very enlightening, thank you.

Sent a message to my Rep, Nancy Pelosi. (CALI BABY!) Hope she gets it.

DriftingSmoke

01-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryze View Post
Kills streaming. If any single streamer plays copyrighted music (or alt tabs into a movie or other owned content) on their stream, there is a significant risk of the entire streaming service being taken down. In some cases, it could even result in criminal penalties for the streamer.
I support sopa for 2 main reasons.

1. It employs needed change about where copyright laws apply, many authors and other artists have fought for many years to see laws like this put into place, many remember Harlan Ellison merely for his nuisance lawsuits against Hollywood films, but in a much quieter war he has fought for many years to see his short stories removed from free viewing websites, and the laws that make up sopa validate a lot of the fighting he did.

2. Above quote. Streamers do not currently represent the community well, and seeing current streams die and new ones arise would be welcome.

HighFrequency

01-11-2012

This message gave me that little bit of hope that this will be stopped despite the huge likelihood the public wishes will be overlooked.

Accelerat0r

01-11-2012

Parley!

immethanarponies

01-11-2012

I am incredibly angry at the US goverment.

This has to be the 25th time that they've tried to pull some **** in their country that nobody likes but ends up affecting canada as well as the US, despite us not having the ability to vote/do something about it.

If SOPA passes Canadian internet will be censored aswell because the censorship will be done based on IP address. All Canadian/American IP addresses are "generated" and distributed from an American office. There was some technical reason that they would just end up censoring both countries internet. I will try and find the link for this.

They also have a gun to our heads that they will probably shoot if we don't finish building our massive oil pipeline from the alberta oil sands down to tennesee.

But its ok because our Prime Ministers is a spineless ***** who has been bending over and taking it in the ass for the last 15 years from both bush and obama.

Don't get me started on that fiasco they've started in the middle east.

Penguinbashr

01-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Castigator View Post
I support sopa for 2 main reasons.

1. It employs needed change about where copyright laws apply, many authors and other artists have fought for many years to see laws like this put into place, many remember Harlan Ellison merely for his nuisance lawsuits against Hollywood films, but in a much quieter war he has fought for many years to see his short stories removed from free viewing websites, and the laws that make up sopa validate a lot of the fighting he did.

2. Above quote. Streamers do not currently represent the community well, and seeing current streams die and new ones arise would be welcome.
Do you realize how stale streams will be?

We couldn't even play music on streams.

This is relevent as well:

http://memebase.com/2012/01/11/internet-memes-dear-pirates/

probably posted on reddit, but i actually don't go there much.

Google and youtube would be shut down, maybe even facebook and twitter. This harms the internet. It's probably worse than what china has right now.

Konno Sadako

01-11-2012

Glad to see Riot wants to stop SOPA as well.

Superbone1

01-11-2012

Ryze! You've returned to the forums!

Also, Jared Polis es #1 congressman. Wish I could vote for him. Maybe he should run for president.