Help Us Stop SOPA

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Enola Reverof

01-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gailen View Post
You totally just pwned yourself...

The US has forgotten what is was. Who it was. The US was founded as a secular state with great individual rights.

The "Under god" comments and the "In god we trust" were added in the cold war as a part of rabid McCarthyism - the Soviets were very anti-religion, and in response the US associated Atheism with communism, so they have basically turned themselves into a Christian Theocracy. Idiots.
One minor correction here for you. The founding fathers didn't care about freedom. Fact is they were actually bootleggers and smugglers who didn;t want to pay taxes to the queen. That is why the usa is facing this situation. In todays world, we use our government to fight against curroption and the like, so we proclaim that theft and tax evasion are wrong, but truth is, that is what the constitution was written for.You can't write something to protect a crook, and then centuries later use what it founded to proclaim crooks are wrong. Hypocrisy always goes full circle and then defeats itself.

Novasty

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aegis8 View Post
What was that other bill you mentioned? DMCA? THE DEMACIA BILL????
Digital Millennium Copyright Act - It's a copyright bill that doesnt infringe on other's rights, since it doesnt restrict to much freedom, but prevents as much copyright as it can within its limits. Lets say i upload vids online, DMCA shuts it down because it is infringing on the rights of others through copyright, my account get shuts down, I receive a WARNING if i don't stop i may be in a position to be sued by teh copyright holders, im sad i lost my account but I've learnt my lesson not to do it again, currently im at 2 strikes on youtube for a 3year-old or so vid

SOPA - Created to benefit the 1% of US population (As if they didn't control enough already). Reduces the rights of citizens on the internet, it doesn't only affect the US but it will affect the entire world, I'm thinking in a sense of education as an example, if this bill passes, any website a teacher would use to teach students the materials they need (In a non-boring sense such as science videos, or anything that emulates what happened in history), it would most likely be shut down due to SOPA, meaning our world becomes 1 step closer to the uneducated portion of North Korea and we will soon start to believe our leader is some form of God (im serious at this last part, aside the portion that was lucky enough to receive an education, the uneducated part of NK believed their leader to be some form of god and cried when he died).

I chose education because without it we don't have Riot. No Riot Games = No League of Legends.

To bad I live in Canada.

Ksreal

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-11-2012

Let's hope this dont pass.

Sneeringer

01-11-2012

l HATE SOPA SO MUCH I CAN USE ALL CAPS

StupidWiz

01-11-2012

As an Indonesian, I can only wish you luck, Americans. SOPA must not pass.

Dankdooby

01-11-2012

down with SOPA!

tigertatze

01-11-2012

"...its just been revoked."

Enola Reverof

01-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouShotMyMelons View Post
1. The Declaration does not say "Under God". You're thinking of the Pledge of Allegiance.

2. "Under God" was added to the Pledge in 1954, during the red scare, as a way to "combat the commies" by extremely ignorant people.
http://oldtimeislands.org/pledge/pledge.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pledge_of_Allegiance

3. Many of the founding fathers everyone loves to misquote were atheists, which is why they brilliantly built in the separation of church and state.

4. Look it up.
Actually, look it up. Had nothing to do with athiesm. Founding fathers were smugglers and bootleggers. That is why they wrote the things they wrote.

KonFewShuN

01-11-2012

Sent the generic message to my state Congress in Oregon. I would also suggest people posting the link on their facebook or twitter to get fellow gamers aware of this!

Laelae

01-11-2012

So tried to inform people about this, and all i got was I dont care and its not gunna pass anyway.

Wtf do i do... people are so hopeless they cant even click a **** send email button? really?