Help Us Stop SOPA

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DarkKel

01-11-2012

Nov 5 2012, is where we unite as a TEAM to beat the congress to take back all of our freedom. Congress can't beat us if we unite! Listen to the people that wants to really help us Anonymous!

Dear brothers and sisters. Now is the time to open your eyes!

In a stunning move that has civil libertarians stuttering with disbelief, the U.S. Senate has just passed a bill that effectively ends the Bill of Rights in America.

The National Defense Authorization Act is being called the most traitorous act ever witnessed in the Senate, and the language of the bill is cleverly designed to make you think it doesn't apply to Americans, but toward the end of the bill, it essentially says it can apply to Americans "if we want it to.

Bill Summary & Status, 112th Congress (2011 -- 2012) | S.1867 | Latest Title: National Defense Authorization Act for.

This bill, passed late last night in a 93-7 vote, declares the entire USA to be a "battleground" upon which U.S. military forces can operate with impunity, overriding Posse Comitatus and granting the military the unchecked power to arrest, detain, interrogate and even assassinate U.S. citizens with impunity.

Even WIRED magazine was outraged at this bill, reporting:

Senate Wants the Military to Lock You Up Without Trial

...the detention mandate to use indefinite military detention in terrorism cases isn't limited to foreigners. It's confusing, because two different sections of the bill seem to contradict each other, but in the judgment of the University of Texas' Robert Chesney ó a nonpartisan authority on military detention ó "U.S. citizens are included in the grant of detention authority."

The passage of this law is nothing less than an outright declaration of WAR against the American People by the military-connected power elite. If this is signed into law, it will shred the remaining tenants of the Bill of Rights and unleash upon America a total military dictatorship, complete with secret arrests, secret prisons, unlawful interrogations, indefinite detainment without ever being charged with a crime, the torture of Americans and even the "legitimate assassination" of U.S. citizens right here on American soil!

If you have not yet woken up to the reality of the police state we've been warning you about, I hope you realize we are fast running out of time. Once this becomes law, you have no rights whatsoever in America. ó no due process, no First Amendment speech rights, no right to remain silent, nothing.

The US senate does not want us to speak. I suspect even now orders are being shouted into telephones and men with guns will soon be on their way. Why? Because while the truncheon may be used in lieu of conversation, words will always retain their power. Words offer the means to meaning and for those who will listen, the enunciation of truth. And the truth is, there is something terribly wrong with this country, isn't there?
Cruelty and injustice...intolerance and oppression. And where once you had the freedom to object, to think and speak as you saw fit, you now have censors and systems of surveillance, coercing your conformity and soliciting your submission. How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those who are more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable. But again, truth be told...if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

I know why you did it. I know you were afraid. Who wouldn't be? War. Terror. Disease. There were a myriad of problems which conspired to corrupt your reason and rob you of your common sense. Fear got the best of you and in your panic, you turned to the now President in command Barack Obama. He promised you order. He promised you peace. And all he demanded in return was your silent, obedient consent.

More than four hundred years ago, a great citizen wished to embed the fifth of November forever in our memory. His hope was to remind the world that fairness. Justice, and freedom are more than words - they are perspectives. So if you've seen nothing, if the crimes of this government remain unknown to you, then I would suggest that you allow the fifth of November to pass unmarked. But if you see what I see, if you feel as I feel, and if you would seek as I seek...then I ask you to stand beside one another, one year from November 5th, 2011, outside the gates of every court house of every city DEMANDING our rights!!

Together we stand against the injustice of our own Government.

We are anonymous.
We are Legion.
United as ONE.
Divided by zero.
We do not forgive Censorship.
We do not forget Oppression.
US SENATE...
Expect us!!

Vecuu

01-11-2012

Thank you, RIOT, and thank you, Congressman Polis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rep Jared Polis View Post
Hi, this is Congressman Jared Polis of Colorado. As a member of the League of Legends community (partial to Anivia and Maokai), and as someone who made his living as an Internet entrepreneur before being elected to Congress, Iím greatly concerned about the future of the Internet and gaming if Congress doesn't wake up. You may have heard that Congress is currently considering a bill called the Stop Online Piracy Act, or SOPA. While SOPA has a ton of problems, there are some significant issues that I thought fellow gamers might want to know about.

Iím particularly concerned that SOPA might stifle the kind of innovation that brings us games we love, such as LoL. The bill makes it far too easy for angry competitors to sue good law abiding companies out of existence. It threatens any company or website that depends on user-generated content, even companies like Riot. Instead of coming up with great ways to keep making games like LoL even better, companies will have to spend their money hiring lawyers. That's why companies like Riot, who want to protect the games they create, are opposed to SOPA.

Iíve been working on alternative legislation that would protect the games companies create while also fostering innovation. But we also need you to call your members of Congress and let them know of your opposition to SOPA. This bill has a very real chance of passing, and it is up to all of who want to protect the Internet to take action. More information is available at http://keepthewebopen.com/. Please make your voices heard in this debate! I will be happy to respond to your posts below, and will check back every few hours today and respond to as many as I can.

McSlappywag

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myoakinurface View Post
Have you ever looked at the 10 commandments and ever looked at the original 10 amendments hmmmm...... some similarities there. The only thing the founding fathers wanted was for religion to not affect the decisions the government made and how the nation was run.
You have both been found of thread hijacking. If I find you in the tribunal....

Axhliay

01-11-2012

All that this bill is, is money grabbing by the large corporations. They feel that the millions of dollars that they make every year is not enough, because there are pirates about, and that they should be paid for every single thing that they make that someone owns. Because They are ******s.

So they made SOPA/PIPA. The are trying to force the bill through the Senate by buying people out that already have all the money that they could possibly need.

If this bill comes through, I can imagine alot of burning representative buildings. Not to mention the White House.

WhiteyMcTrash

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-11-2012

Haven't you guys heard banning streaming is a good thing! There was a study done and there is a direct connection between streaming on-line video games and high cholesterol, low *** drive and subsidized housing.

DeltaArc

01-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by rep jared polis View Post
hi, this is congressman jared polis of colorado. As a member of the league of legends community (partial to anivia and maokai), and as someone who made his living as an internet entrepreneur before being elected to congress, iím greatly concerned about the future of the internet and gaming if congress doesn't wake up. You may have heard that congress is currently considering a bill called the stop online piracy act, or sopa. While sopa has a ton of problems, there are some significant issues that i thought fellow gamers might want to know about.

Iím particularly concerned that sopa might stifle the kind of innovation that brings us games we love, such as lol. The bill makes it far too easy for angry competitors to sue good law abiding companies out of existence. It threatens any company or website that depends on user-generated content, even companies like riot. Instead of coming up with great ways to keep making games like lol even better, companies will have to spend their money hiring lawyers. That's why companies like riot, who want to protect the games they create, are opposed to sopa.

Iíve been working on alternative legislation that would protect the games companies create while also fostering innovation. But we also need you to call your members of congress and let them know of your opposition to sopa. This bill has a very real chance of passing, and it is up to all of who want to protect the internet to take action. More information is available at http://keepthewebopen.com/. Please make your voices heard in this debate! I will be happy to respond to your posts below, and will check back every few hours today and respond to as many as i can.
whats your real summoner name!

SlywasHere

01-11-2012

Question, Can people not living in the U.S. support this ANTI-SOPA movement in any way other than encouraging people to write their represantives?

I can stage my own blackout!

PS: WRITE YOUR REPRESENTATIVES! ! ! ! ! ! !

Seacircle

Recruiter

01-11-2012

Move to Canada

Murkul

01-11-2012

Lol, another non-disguised attempt to control the population even more. This is a double edged blade. It's so stupid I can't bring myself to read it all. I feel like throwing up a rainbow of all those promises and constitutions talking about "freedom".

None of the Gov's are good, whether it might be mine; Canada, US, China. All of them only care about wealth, image, self ambitions et cetera.
So few politicians ACTUALLY care about their voters, I'm not sure but I would even say the MAIN REASON why they have their post, their "status". This world is so corrupt. No actual political system is actually pro efficient enough to call it a good choice.

Vsair

01-11-2012

Just spammed this at just about everyone I know (10 people)

I'm happy I've finally seen this somewhere.