Help Us Stop SOPA

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dragon Striker9

01-11-2012

Down with SOPA

Riegen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-11-2012

I've not only signed what was linked today, but I've sent out written letters as well as emails to the congressmen of my state. I've been rather vocal about this issue in my state [Florida] in hopes of getting it stopped. Sadly the most I have received in return is copy-pasted letters sent out to try to calm people down. I do daily updates on facebook in an attempt to make sure all my friends are active in it as well, and urge them to pass it on.

I'll keep on fighting until this bill, and any like it, are gone.

Maximum0verdrive

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-11-2012

Logged in just to +1

I truly dislike SOPA and other forms of internet censorship. The internet is a global phenomenon and should NEVER be controlled by any type of country or government.

Cratos

01-11-2012

Such unbelievably mad respect for Riot for their stand on this. I'm actually somewhat proud of a game company... is that normal?

Hularuns

01-11-2012

And with that Riot just probably owned SOPA in one fell swoop by putting this on their homepage <3

Sheepy Lion

01-11-2012

Sopa? Oranges! Kkkkkkk!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Listen Link

01-11-2012

If it does pass, I think it will be repealed almost immediately

Thor Of Asgard

01-11-2012

The government destroyed my favorite internet community...

But then I ate some oranges and it was k.

HomelandFighter

01-11-2012

My god this is amazing.
Don't worry riot. Your community's got this.

Enola Reverof

01-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneNcrazY View Post
There us nothing us Canadians can do.. If it gets passed in the US it will have major implications world-wide as all the major search engines are based in the US and all the "copyrighted" information will be filtered via their search engines.
I highly doubt that these larger corporations like Google will allow this to affect them world wide as everyone thinks. It would simply be a measure of setting up international servers (which they already have) and allowing US banned sites to still be available to other countries. This seems more of an in house problem as they would have to ban these things from the american people.