Help Us Stop SOPA

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rumble Bot

01-11-2012

Got carried away, tried to voice my concern against SOPA.

Then realised I don't live in the US.

I'll have to find some other way I guess. If SOPA passes in the US it's inevitably going to affect everyone else living in other countries.

TheManStache

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-11-2012

God ****it people, stop feeding SOPA his ult is so freaking OP.

PingPangQQ

01-11-2012

Sent a letter to my representatives! If they want any votes from my generation in the near future they better oppose the **** out of SOPA and PIPA.

Gralie

01-11-2012

sign and supported. demandprogress.org also have a signing sheet for this.

DragonLord

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-11-2012

Did my part. Follow the link in OP it's really simple. Also posted the link in my facebook. Everyone should do the same. Usually I stay away from politics but this is one thing I can't ignore.

VeritasDemon

01-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rep Jared Polis View Post
Hi, this is Congressman Jared Polis of Colorado. As a member of the League of Legends community (partial to Anivia and Maokai), and as someone who made his living as an Internet entrepreneur before being elected to Congress, Iím greatly concerned about the future of the Internet and gaming if Congress doesn't wake up. You may have heard that Congress is currently considering a bill called the Stop Online Piracy Act, or SOPA. While SOPA has a ton of problems, there are some significant issues that I thought fellow gamers might want to know about.

Iím particularly concerned that SOPA might stifle the kind of innovation that brings us games we love, such as LoL. The bill makes it far too easy for angry competitors to sue good law abiding companies out of existence. It threatens any company or website that depends on user-generated content, even companies like Riot. Instead of coming up with great ways to keep making games like LoL even better, companies will have to spend their money hiring lawyers. That's why companies like Riot, who want to protect the games they create, are opposed to SOPA.

Iíve been working on alternative legislation that would protect the games companies create while also fostering innovation. But we also need you to call your members of Congress and let them know of your opposition to SOPA. This bill has a very real chance of passing, and it is up to all of who want to protect the Internet to take action. More information is available at http://keepthewebopen.com/. Please make your voices heard in this debate! I will be happy to respond to your posts below, and will check back every few hours today and respond to as many as I can.

They say you are worth at least 66million, I like you Sir.

Ragnaric

01-11-2012

If this law passes Gangplank will be removed from the game! We can't allow this!

Elodin

01-11-2012

Second time I've sent a letter to my congressman/women, here's hoping they listen to the people instead of their wallets.

Jozze

01-11-2012

respect for riot just went way up. +1

Enola Reverof

01-11-2012

Riot, I hope any member of your company can see this in the mess of postings,but I am begging you to take preventative measures to protect yourself.

Please start researching and recording any material that might threaten you right now, becuase if the bill does pass, they can not persue anyone in violation of it prior to the passing. This way if the bill does pass, you can have on file every location of everything you need to delete or remove from your forums and any other locations that can help you protect yourself immediatly. The best way to protect against a law suit is to take preventative measures. Be ready if it passes and act fast.

Please post a response to this post if you do see it so we know as a community you are trying to save yourself as well as oppose this bill.

Users can help too by finding anything they have posted with pictures or videos or links and being ready to delete posts they have made if the bill passes.