Help Us Stop SOPA

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jargonecius

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-11-2012

Just wanted to say, this completely made my day knowing you guys are on board for the good fight. It makes me feel like all the money I've sunk into this game was a wise investment.

Zaxasaxasazas

01-11-2012

stop SOPA

Worst Evelynn BR

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-11-2012

Did the deed, and I welcome all of the random spam I'll likely get come election season if it means I can help prevent SOPA/PIPA from making it into law status.

For those with Droid(and maybe Apple) phones, there is a 'Boycott SOPA' application that uses your bar code scanner to identify products made by SOPA supporters, as well as a Google Chrome(and likely a Mozilla equivalent) application that does the same for websites called 'No SOPA'.

Also, I'm now even more proud than I already was that I have bought all of the Riot Points I have. Riot Games is fighting the good fight, and I hope other studios begin to follow suit now that some big names are beginning to show their opinions(I'm looking at you, Blizzard Activision!) Most people just think SOPA/PIPA is going to make the internet 'safe'. This really has nothing to do with stopping piracy or improving security, it's simply just a pretty face on an ugly monster that intends on crushing the internet completely.

Although...I suppose something that is totally dead could by all rights be seen as 'safe'? Still a bad idea though.../thinker

SlickShooter

01-11-2012

Oh look a blue post.... wait... WHAT?!

Thank you Jared Polis

sorras

01-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggiNaggiN View Post
Oh look a blue post.... wait... WHAT?!

Thank you Jared Polis
You just recieved Blue Post Buff, +20% hate against SOPA

Vuliev

01-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRenegade View Post
Good. I will not write my congressman, no in game chat you say? That's fine with me, the things said in it are horrible and deserve to be taken down. The only reason you want to stop SOPA is because you feel that your company and your game's community cannot handle simple copyright laws, and thus you fear your company will be shut down making you lose money. I seriously doubt that you give any kind of a **** about this community, you just want money. Everyone wants money. Something comes along and threatens to stop the flow of money to your pocket, what do you do? Try to stop it. I see through you Riot.
...the irony of this post is absolutely staggering. Wow.

Ervex

01-11-2012

Signed the petition on Change.org.

F4HKYU

01-11-2012

To those of you saying "I live in another country" or "just move out of the country" need to understand that SOPA & PIPA will affect more than just Americans. It WILL affect the entire world. A lot of you know and trust what TotalBiscuit has to say. Well he has a great video on this subject:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhwuXNv8fJM

aT3C

Recruiter

01-11-2012

Already wrote my congressman on how i feel about this Bill. I have never had a loyal side to any game company as loyal as i have to RIOT. I would be just devastated if the League was to be shut down. Hundreds of friends i have made even local friends is due to this game. This game is more than just a game its a sport to some, its a hobby to others. Its a place where someone like myself that works in a dangerous environment (United States Marine) can go and relax and get away from the stress of what i do. It helps me to let go of my thoughts and calm down and just play with people and let go of any anger of stress built up from my job. I hope gamers in this community do there job and help get this bill shut down. Please do your part. Just like The Marines we all are in this together and if one of us is going out we are all going out together fighting till we cant fight anymore. OORAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jjohn1997

01-11-2012

I Support