Most versatile solo top?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mr Dr Guy Man

01-12-2012

kay so i will probably get nasus next cuz alot of people tell me hes great, never played him in ranked tho nor have i seen a nasus in ranked yet. What about riven solo top? Aniva? Gragas? Hotshotgg plays nidalee solo top alot ive noticed.

Pooping Shrooms

01-12-2012

Garen Wins Hands Down.... I can't think of a lane that can beat my garen even 1v2

Mishifus

01-12-2012

You want something versatile?

NIDALEE.

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-12-2012

How about Kennen? I played against someone using him and he is pretty irritating... at least vs my malphite, since he could deliver pretty decent burst, instead of just trading nukes.

He can spam his spells endlessly and is just about impossible to gank thx to his mobility and stun.

He can harass the enemy every 5th attack which will add a mark and do a bit of extra damage. Then Rush/Surge for the stun and a decent chunk of damage.
That doesn't even include tossing his shuriken, which is an excellent bush-sweeper.

With no mana, he can take advantage of Dorans Shield for solid sustain.

Mr Dr Guy Man

01-12-2012

Ive faced kennen b4 as irellia and hes annoying but not that bad, garen is a ****ing ***** early game his judgement and decisive strike combo his for almost all ur health and his R will finish it pretty fast. Is olaf viable?

Shibuya Boy

01-12-2012

To be perfectly honest I always solo top Talon and I have yet to see anyone push me out of lane. I always dominate or at the very least stalemate with the other. When that happens I'll leave to gank and then come back.

Mr Dr Guy Man

01-13-2012

ive seen talon b4 but hes not very versatile and he seems to get his **** rocked late game but thats just from my personal experience

LexCor

01-13-2012

The OP is asking for versatility, right? For example, Tryndamere dominates most top lanes, but he's a one dimensional character, with predictable play style and therefore easy to counter (or at least to try to counter). Champions like Irelia and Gangplank can play tanky, assassin or just straight carry. Jax also has an AD vs AP vs Hybrid route.
Kennen, Talon and Garen, as powerful as they may be, are fairly straightforward to play against and play as.

Mr Dr Guy Man

01-13-2012

singed???

Tyrang

01-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cenerae View Post
Carados has a way of pointing out flaws in people's ideas that makes the people he's criticising upset. So I guess they downvote him because they don't like him, despite never really coming up with legitimate counterarguments.

Okay, sure. He could possibly use a bit more tact. But since his own points are usually valid to begin with I don't really see a problem myself. If you don't want to read anything that clashes with your own opinion, you probably shouldn't be asking for other people's views on the forum anyway.
He is unnecessarily aggressive with how he replies, and sometimes get sidetrack in criticizing things that are not on topic. He needs more tact, yes.

And yes, most of the time he is right. But the message is lost in the negative tone.

And on the topic, I agree that Irelia quite versatile. The common build is tanky bruiser, but i have seen straight AD/AS and even hybrid DPS (not that I agree with it). She also does all three kinds of dmg in the game (atk dmg, magic dmg and true dmg).

Alistar, which we don't usually see as solo top these days (since the ap scaling nerf), is still really versatile. He can be build tank, support, AP, and even AD (Chaox done it on stream and kicked a lot of ass, again don't recommend it tho).