Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Most versatile solo top?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mr Dr Guy Man

01-11-2012

Personally, I feel that Irellia is a very versatile champion going top because she can build quite a few different ways (glass cannon, full tank, bruiser/ DPS), she does true damage with her W + the life steal makes her be able to sustain in lane for quite a while. Her Q refunds some mana on last hits and allows you to dart around minions avoiding pokes while still getting your CS. Her E does quite a bit of damage plus the slow/stun is really good for making sure your jungle gets a gank out. Even when building tank, get her a Trinity force + Atmogs and she still does good bursty damage to the carries. Her R is good for farming minions since they walk in lines and clump together and the life steal is pretty nice for staying in lane. I have heard that Yorick is really good solo top and I have seen a lot of Rumbles doing well at solo top. I like to think Irellia is one of if not the most versatile in her style and build for solo top, any other ideas?

LexCor

01-11-2012

Irelia's great, but she leans on the tankier side of most top champions. Good mobility, natural CC reduction, but her burst can't match Renekton, Nasus or Wukong... Or, as my answer would be, Gangplank. I love the others, and frankly hate GP, but you can't argue his versatility.
More reliable heal, instant cleanse, ranged burst with safe delivery, inherent slow, global ultimate and natural steroids. With bonus gold from Parrley and the tendancy for people to get GP5 items on him, he can tailor his post-laning phase item build to suit the team's needs as a Tankplank, Gankplank, Critplank... Doesn't matter. Point is, Pirate wins.

MrPtwo

Recruiter

01-11-2012

Ill agree with using GP, also Nasus has a strong top lane when solo able to farm his q. His w helps with jungle ganking early on and if you get enough cs, wich you should farming your q, he becomes an all out beast mid/late game. i constantly jsut go tanky since my q does all the damage i need once farmed. Trin force is a must though imo. New meta, run in R hit q and laugh at the damage as the enemy team runs around in panic

Mr Dr Guy Man

01-11-2012

Only problem with GP is he is usually banned in ranked play and even meta game draft because of his ability to **** people up top, i know he is usually a champ i ban along with TRYN and morgana. Nasus seems good too ive faced a few and they are annoying. Is AP sion good top? or shud i go AD? or no sion? jw

LexCor

01-11-2012

Sion isn't at ALL versatile. Both his AD and AP builds are too one-dimensional, and he has no proper sustain. He CAN do well top, but anyone with sustain and proper zoning will crush him. If you think GP isn't viable due to banning, I'd say either Nasus or Renekton. Both have great sustain, AOE for clearing waves when needed, and anti-gank ultimates.

Carados

01-11-2012

Sion is a better mid.

AD Sion is a newbie trap. You farm and you farm and... you're still worse then that Vayne/Caitlyn/Graves/Trist/etc bottom lane, or that Nasus who lanes better and is more effective!

The trick to Sion is you rush boots of mobility and with your stun and your shield, you gank every lane always.

Afgani Annie

01-11-2012

Quote:
Carados:
Sion is a better mid.

AD Sion is a newbie trap. You farm and you farm and... you're still worse then that Vayne/Caitlyn/Graves/Trist/etc bottom lane, or that Nasus who lanes better and is more effective!

The trick to Sion is you rush boots of mobility and with your stun and your shield, you gank every lane always.

Why is this downvoted lol?

Carados

01-11-2012

Quote:
Faptime:

Bad players post on this forum and give people bad advice, basically.

Cenerae

01-11-2012

Quote:
Faptime:

Carados has a way of pointing out flaws in people's ideas that makes the people he's criticising upset. So I guess they downvote him because they don't like him, despite never really coming up with legitimate counterarguments.

Okay, sure. He could possibly use a bit more tact. But since his own points are usually valid to begin with I don't really see a problem myself. If you don't want to read anything that clashes with your own opinion, you probably shouldn't be asking for other people's views on the forum anyway.

Bouttreefidy

01-11-2012

Nasus laughs at this comments.