The state of skins (Legendaries, too) in lore.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bog Darking

01-11-2012

Hey, Lore-fiends. I want to bring up a concern I've had, basically around the same time I started browsing the ever expanded library of skins for each of the champions. I'm aware many of them are nods to real life- the recent skins for Talon, Wu, Sona and Lee are part of an aesthetic love letter to China. Some of the earliest skins were nods to the Winter Olympics!

But I can't help wondering about many of the other skins, launch skins in particular, and what they have to do with our favorite champions and their backstories. Riven is a good example to bring up, with her Redeemed skin seeming like a hypothetical appearance of a Riven returned to Noxus, and then the Crimson Elite skin refers to the whole Noxian commando force. These skins keep popping up, but what really sticks out to me is Demonblade Tryndamere and Blood Lord Vladimir.

These two seem less like spin-offs of their champions and more lie evolved forms of them. I imagine Vlad's bulked up since his release and its reflected in a more powerful looking skin- and who knows whats been going on with Tryn? Does anyone else feel like the skins in League are telling a (albeit neglected) story?

SpicyJackTheBard

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-11-2012

Personally, I think that the skins may represent alternate timelines. Blood Lord Vlad may be that he wound up taking over the world, and Demonblade Tryndamere may have fallen victim to his corrupting rage. Further along that line, alternate timelines in parallel universes also provides a lot of sense to all of the Legendary skins, like Brolaf or Astronaut Teemo.

Fenix12345

01-11-2012

I just can't believe Firefighter Tristana is a legendary