To the Rammus haters

123
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nightmar3x

Junior Member

01-11-2012

I just want to comment because lately i have been getting a lot of complaining over Rammus. First of all I usually play Dominon with Blitz, or Pantheon, Ryze. Lately I have been trying out other champions for the simple fact that I own them and would like to play them everyone once in a while even if the may seem "OP".

Well last night I was playing and in the opposition was a Gangplank that kept auto-attacking killing himself in the process. In our first encounter he mindless beat me to death after I had previously exhausted my shield. During rez, I chose to purchase Thornmail because I figured it would help me if I encountered him or any of the other AD's running around. I might I add that right after I was easily CC'd by Ryze who continued to completely crush me.

My point is that Rammus is not unbeatable, I had trouble with Ryze and even Akali, which at times I simply ran away from. But for GP to mindless auto attack me and then complain about his OPness is just unwarranted. Items are there for you to purchase and counter your opposition with.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-11-2012

Wow, so one rammus player got beat once by Ryze huh? Well, clearly he is perfectly balanced then! We can end this topic once and for all. Thanks!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nightmar3x

Junior Member

01-11-2012

Wow, you must seriously be holding some Rammus grudge. I was merely trying to say that he is not unbeatable, and that if people put some thought into their decisions, like blindly running into wall they wouldn't have to rage so much.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ascleph

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-11-2012

Or just ban him


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

VhakulaKhaulepi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-11-2012

He's not unbeatable, but he is absurdly annoying/strong on the map. And remember: no matter how skilled you are, no matter what champ you play, someone somewhere will complain "that's not fair!". Accept it, or become friends with your ignore button.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nekrogen

Senior Member

01-11-2012

Every champ is manageable in some fashion, but the hate comes from how unreasonable those measures need to be.

Yes Ryze beats Rammus, but guess what: Ryze is banned regularly too.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

VhakulaKhaulepi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekrogen View Post
Yes Ryze beats Rammus, but guess what: Ryze is banned regularly too.
True story.

Reading your guide on DD now. Now that I'm into Dom a lot more, it almost feels as if I'm playing an entirely different game. Know what I mean? SR is just so far removed from Dom.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nekrogen

Senior Member

01-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by VhakulaKhaulepi View Post
True story.

Reading your guide on DD now. Now that I'm into Dom a lot more, it almost feels as if I'm playing an entirely different game. Know what I mean? SR is just so far removed from Dom.
Yeah it really feels that way.

Also that guide is mostly for people who are in their first 30 or so games of Dominion. There are some nuggets of advice scattered here and there, but most of it should be obvious to the regular Dominion player.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

VhakulaKhaulepi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekrogen View Post
Yeah it really feels that way.

Also that guide is mostly for people who are in their first 30 or so games of Dominion. There are some nuggets of advice scattered here and there, but most of it should be obvious to the regular Dominion player.
Well, yeah, but I enjoy searching for those nuggets; never hurts to learn. So without rated, I guess the only thing is to keep improving and gaining wins over losses? Does w/l determine who you're matched with? If so, does it include SR and TT? I'm tempted to say it must, simply because I've been teamed in draft mode with a fresh Dom player. =\


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FDru

Senior Member

01-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by VhakulaKhaulepi View Post
Well, yeah, but I enjoy searching for those nuggets; never hurts to learn. So without rated, I guess the only thing is to keep improving and gaining wins over losses? Does w/l determine who you're matched with? If so, does it include SR and TT? I'm tempted to say it must, simply because I've been teamed in draft mode with a fresh Dom player. =\
Matchmaking is based solely on elo, in all game modes except custom. There's a separate elo rating for TT, Dominion and SR but the rating does seem to be shared between draft and normal for each mode (obviously ranked is separate also for TT and SR).


123