What is she?

OP 28 22.95%
UP 15 12.30%
Balanced 38 31.15%
Balanced but annoying 41 33.61%
Voters: 122. You may not vote on this poll

Is cait OP?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Invictrix

01-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sogreth View Post
...what...the nerf on her for 5 less movespeed? lol
No the nerf to her q's damage and the nerf to her trap's activation range.

Dreamcleaver

01-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invictrix View Post
I like her, but I think some of the last nerfs hurt her viability a little too much. I think they should make her traps invisible or at least give continuous vision like teemo's mushroom.
wtf? o_O

Croanin

01-10-2012

She's a model that Vayne and Graves need to balanced around if anything, strongest early game, argueably the weakest late game among ranged AD.

Corngina

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-10-2012

Her ult rarely feels valuable. Especially late game. I'd appreciate something to make it feel more like an ult; less channel for it, or have it do increased damage to non-intended targets... something.

Che Guevera

06-27-2012

one pro cait and its gg. cait has a high skillcap, but even if u have a team thats up by 10 kills, a pro cait will rape you and your team. noone can land a single blow on a good cait. noone.

Kanata Futaki

11-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Che Guevera View Post
one pro cait and its gg. cait has a high skillcap, but even if u have a team thats up by 10 kills, a pro cait will rape you and your team. noone can land a single blow on a good cait. noone.
I main Cait.This is false. A Kog with Bio arcane barrage can easily outrange and kill out outright...having it fed 10 kills will mean you just die in 2 shots.

Caitlyn has a pretty low skill cap. It doesn't take a brain to play Cait well. Poke bot lane a lot, zone them from farming while you farm. Traps so junglers can't gank you. Gratz, You made the game much easier for your team now that bot is underfarmed.

However, it does take certain amount of skill to use Cait effectively in late game and team fights.For example, net is a free flash. However, if positioned incorrectly, you would get immediately wiped. If used correctly you can pull off some serious jukes or gap closing that would pull your team to victory. One game I baited a crank to use fist on me, I netted through a wall and crank pulled my Amumu over. Ult then win. Another time I used the net to slow their tank and Q enemy carries for a double before the tank killed me. The net is what makes or breaks Cait's late game. It's a great positioning skill that allows for some serious play.

Another thing is her traps. Her traps are difficult to use late game, mainly because you fight in the open most of the time and you can only have 3 piece out at a time. I mainly use them to hold off choke points while doing Baron or Dragon, but sometimes they can be used defensively (setting up traps and running through them when retreating, akin to Teemo shrooms) or offensively (using a trap right under a CC'd enemy to keep them rooted there). Using them in this fashion is difficult as the animation for setting up the trap leaves a tiny window for your enemies to jump you.

Passive + Crits is her main source of damage and sustain once she gets lifesteal. I wish Riot would change the bush mechanic. Instead of making the 2 counts from a bush, make it two counts for hitting an enemy champ. It would make her so much more viable late game when she's outranged by Kog and Trist, both ADC's that have steroids.

Her Q can be used either as a poke (which is what most people do), creep clearer (people do this often as well), or saved for a finisher. I easily get doubles and triples with a correctly timed Q that I saved. Constantly using Q to poke will ruin your mana supply and put it on CD, which could be what makes the difference between getting a double or nothing at all.

I agree about the R. Totally useless in team fights unless you know how to position yourself. If you can land your R on a squishy and knock out half of their health, then your team has the definitive advantage if they choose to engage. Doing this is probably the hardest skill to master, as many people will block your ult and prevent if from doing any serious damage. Once you get good at it you can time ults right that can pass between several champs and land you a kill or an advantage of the enemy team. You can anticipate panic or nervousness in an enemy team once you get good and pull off snipes really well.

In short, Cait does have a low skill cap, but to play her to her fullest potential and beat the other OP ADC's then you need to know how to use each one of her skills efficiently.

x Zaris x

11-27-2012

Her Piltover Peacemaker is really costly but if you ever lane with Soraka you can spam it dealing massive damage. So much fun early game.

BestRivenOnEarth

07-09-2014

"She falls off late game" Not at all, you're still left with a good escape with E, OP passive, and still the same 650 range. I think her range needs to be reduced to 625 or 600 imo.