All-Tank-Teams?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Deadly Paradox

10-10-2009

How do you counter an All-Tank Team? What I'm talking about is the team that completely dominates you early game and proceeds to wtfpush the hell out of you.

Example from a game I just played:
1. Taric
2. Rammus
3. Alistar
4. Mundo
5. Malphite

1 Gets Aegis of the Legion
2-5 Stack Armor/Magic Resistence
1-5 Push one lane at level 7/8
1 Heals 2-5/Activates Ult
GG.

UrQuan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-10-2009

I would say fortify/teleport and/or pusher heroes of your own would be your best bet but that would require prior knowledge of their team composition. If you know a team is a pushing team, your best chance is just to counter them with your 5 players at the lane they are pushing

Item-wise, you can probably succeed better with these:
Mandred's Razor (early game)
Aegis of the Legion / Executioner's Blade / Wit's End / Last Whisper (mid game)
Mandred's Bloodrazor / Black Cleaver(late game)

Also, if you know that they are pushers/tanks, you should take advantage of their Elder Golem/Lizard buffs that they won't be farming.

Lollerman

10-10-2009

Grabbing some Wit's End on your team will shut them down. Except for Mundo, which is, I guess, why Mundo is there at all? (Because really, come on, Mundo? Serves no real purpose in this particular case... Singe/Amumu/Nunu are all much, much better choices)

Incidentally, one Fortify works well too, but I'm guessing you're looking for a "ok, I forgot to pack an umbrella, what now" counter.

Khrane

The Council

10-10-2009

Along with what these guys have said, I think a Sivir would be pretty effective, as well. They probably can't push exceptionally fast, so four of you should be able to push them off (with proper setup/items/fortify), and Sivir would be able to counterpush faster than they could push.

Frag

10-10-2009

Early game harassment, if they get to the point you describe... i have no idea /surrender

Arafel

Friend of Urf

10-10-2009

Ugh, I faced a five man tank team that all stacked sunfires once. It was the most frustrating thing ever.

Nunu, Blitzcrank, Amumu, Singed, Rammus. Every one of them had a way to make sure they got the rest of the team to you or you to them, so they'd just grab us one at a time and we'd die to the ~500 dps from the capes and the occasional regular hit/ability.

Luxberry the Great

10-11-2009

What you do is pull like 2 characters from other lanes and defend mid or wherever they are pushing while your carry(ashe, jax, fiddle, etc) level and farm in other lanes. If you defend smart they will have to give up usually in which case your carries are far more leveled than any of them.

counter sunfires with magic resist.

AI Assimilator

10-11-2009

about MR. if you get 120 MR from items then 13 stacked sunfires only do 208 dps. Except for warwick and nasus who have over 50 base MR at 18 instead of 30 that the rest have. It will be 192 dps on them.

Megalodontus

10-11-2009

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Cho'Gath stacked with tank items (such as Warmog and Sunfire) potentially tops the health charts. I've managed to grow till size 6 and played as a tanker (Sunfire, Warmog, Mallet...) and his health was like 5.5 k. Plus he had Guardian Angel on him :P, died once but returned to tank again.

Boonalds

10-11-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megalodontus View Post
I've managed to grow till size 6 and played as a tanker (Sunfire, Warmog, Mallet...) and his health was like 5.5 k.
managed? Feast on creeps for 5 min never is such an achievement for me :P

Anyway, ye, the 540 health you get from those feasts is nice. But without feasts his pure health on 18 would be 1830. Whereas the health of a pure Alistar would be 2406. So yeah, a Cho'Gath would be among the top health chars, but an Alistar and a decent Sion would top him.