Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Heimerdinger Exhaustively Examined

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ItsJustPain

02-03-2013

Bump

Best Karma Ionia

02-03-2013

His new buff that your turrets target your auto attack or rocket turrets is AMAZING. Annie comes up for some cs, I autoattack her, takes 3-4 hits from turret as well, about 130 hp at level 2. Killed a riven who said "I didnt even ****ing attack you why the **** did turrets attack me" And I told him about the new buff. He then proceeded to call heimer an op "pos" champ. I laughed at his face for such ludicrous words of course, but. It's definitely made him MUCH better.

ItsJustPain

02-03-2013

Quote:
Homocastle:
His new buff that your turrets target your auto attack or rocket turrets is AMAZING. Annie comes up for some cs, I autoattack her, takes 3-4 hits from turret as well, about 130 hp at level 2. Killed a riven who said "I didnt even ****ing attack you why the **** did turrets attack me" And I told him about the new buff. He then proceeded to call heimer an op "pos" champ. I laughed at his face for such ludicrous words of course, but. It's definitely made him MUCH better.

Its always been like that
nothing changed

Best Karma Ionia

02-03-2013

Excuse me? No, it hasn't. Turrets targeted people who have attacked you UNLESS you ult. Then they refocus a champion. Look at his patch notes.

ItsJustPain

02-03-2013

Quote:
Homocastle:
Excuse me? No, it hasn't. Turrets targeted people who have attacked you UNLESS you ult. Then they refocus a champion. Look at his patch notes.

For a newbie heimerdinger player
u do not know what you are talking about
pls give it a rest

Anto1

02-04-2013

Red read this please!

EnderDDT

02-05-2013

Quote:
Homocastle:

While it was said a while back that his turrets would attack who you attacked (back during the previous turret upgrade that made them target champions at the beginning of his ult), this was not the case. The change is definately a move in the right direction.

That said, annie should have no problem with heimer turrets. She can outrange them and her spammable move can be easily used to two shot them with almost no mana use (when combined with her AoE attack). This means that she was just a bad annie... or just really inexperienced in going against Heimerdinger. Sadly, that is still too often the case.

What A Rush

02-06-2013

Ok while I'm well aware that I am in no way a fantastic player Heimer is the one i can rely on to get the job done. I love his instant rockets and the range on them I love his grenade for the fact that it can be timed with it. The turrets are great at holding a line personaly i dont use them as a main fight but i use them to fall back if i have to. They have saved my ass endless times..... I dont play heimer for massive ammounts of kills in a game i use him to hold a lane.... and godamn he does a good job of that and yea he can push a lane highly effectively and just keep applying pressure till he can use his turrets on a enemy tower. Yeah im aware that someones gonna vote this post down because of my rank so what i spend all my matches against bots of various difficultys. I prefer to fight the bots because they dont complain ever during matches while i try to learn the game. i found with Heimer Mana and AP items help alot as well as Ghost and that one that gives a bit of mana back. Heimer really does remind me of the Engineer off Team Fortress. however i am a new player in the sense that i dont play often enough to have valuable input however if someone would help me learn the ropes a little better in the game I would appreciate it.

(forgive the grammar, i am currently typing this on a psp)

Evolnemesis

02-06-2013

Quote:
What A Rush:
Ok while I'm well aware that I am in no way a fantastic player Heimer is the one i can rely on to get the job done. I love his instant rockets and the range on them I love his grenade for the fact that it can be timed with it. The turrets are great at holding a line personaly i dont use them as a main fight but i use them to fall back if i have to. They have saved my ass endless times..... I dont play heimer for massive ammounts of kills in a game i use him to hold a lane.... and godamn he does a good job of that and yea he can push a lane highly effectively and just keep applying pressure till he can use his turrets on a enemy tower. Yeah im aware that someones gonna vote this post down because of my rank so what i spend all my matches against bots of various difficultys. I prefer to fight the bots because they dont complain ever during matches while i try to learn the game. i found with Heimer Mana and AP items help alot as well as Ghost and that one that gives a bit of mana back. Heimer really does remind me of the Engineer off Team Fortress. however i am a new player in the sense that i dont play often enough to have valuable input however if someone would help me learn the ropes a little better in the game I would appreciate it.

(forgive the grammar, i am currently typing this on a psp)

He is a very fun champ, I love him personally, but while he can capitalize on his early power sometimes, especially in normals and low level ranked games, right now he really IS terribly underpowered... Yes, he wins lanes, but only because his laning mechanics are broken (his turrets and rockets make it practically impossible to win any kind of damage trades in lane with him), but this is not enough to make up for his lack of damage and utility in teamfights. Really at higher levels, even his laning is not that great, as there are several mages that can farm better than him, and many that will just blow him up easily.

Anyway, because of his laning mechanics, they had nerf every single one of his abilities hard... It really killed his late game... They took his damage scaling down to about half ANY OTHER mage's damage and also reduce all his abilities' ranges, making it even more dangerous for him late game when he was already the squishiest mage in the game, and nerfing his damage heavily when it already was not great, and was already easy to avoid.

So yeah, he can still win lanes, and even dominate before mid game to the point where you can get early surrenders... but his damage falls off so hard late game, worse than anyone else's, and when you add to it his low survivability, horrible mobility, non-exceptional farming, unreliable abilities, and the fact that in a teamfight good players can literally remove over half his damage just by being aware of his turrets, it means that he really has no chance in any kind of serious play.

He desperately needs a rework... Riot nerfed him into the ground over 2 years ago saying he was broken and was a mistake.. . and they have hardly touched him since, because they have been promising a full rework for that entire time.

ItsJustPain

02-06-2013

Just to make it short and simple
Nerf Nerf Nerf Nerf champs
Rework, Rework, Rework, champs
They got nothing eles to do

Over 2 years and they do not care about the players that love using this one champ