Heimerdinger Exhaustively Examined

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Evolnemesis

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsJustPain View Post
Another thing about his turrets
Sometimes they do NOT FIRE
This issue should have been fixed
Yeah that's been like that ever since they changed their range about 50 patches ago all the way in S1... it's like sometimes they try to randomly target things out of their range and then don't fire. It's really stupid and they have acknowledged the problem but said they are waiting until his rework to change his turret AI. In fact there was a thread over year and a half ago with Riot talking about that and other problems with his turret AI, and saying they were looking into fixing it. Those fixes, like his whole rework, just haven't materialized.

ItsJustPain

12-14-2012

They are going to leave heimerdinger dead in the void, waste land, nevermore, or whatever u like to call it
No love for Heimerdinger
No updates
No new look
Nothing
This is just too sad

Aproned Devil

12-14-2012

I'm not sure if this has been posted already... I got through half of the OP and bleh, I really gotta use the bathroom and don't feel like sitting any longer. Basically, what I think is that Heimer should have no global cooldown for setting his turrets. By this, I mean that if Heimer has 2 turrets ready to set up, he can just button mash and bam 2 turrets down in an INSTANT. This way, Heimer will be a champ that you can just not place your turrets until a fight starts easier, improving his late game and allowing him to be more flexible early game. It is a very simple fix that doesn't have much potential to go "OMFFFFFFGGGG OOOOPPPP"

Chill 2 Side

12-14-2012

Hiem was the first champ I ever played and the reason why i fell in love with this game. bump for rework, bump for justice

ItsJustPain

12-14-2012

He is the only champ that can jungle, mid, top and support
Also the only champ that can heal towers

ItsJustPain

12-15-2012

bump

TheM0ve

12-15-2012

Heim has always been my fav champ. Hes perfect. I have his alien legendary skin and hes a blast. The rework is stupid and I hope he stays the same.

Only thing that annoys me with heim is I wish his rockets would ignore minons if a champ is in range.

JohnsonSlong

12-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheM0ve View Post
Only thing that annoys me with heim is I wish his rockets would ignore minons if a champ is in range.
Exactly, I cant count the number of times I was robbed of a kill because I happened to have jungle monsters in range...

Yousing

12-16-2012

Hey guys, I'm a huge Heimer fan. I have a few tips that might help you do better with Heimer as he is, so you can deal with him as he is nerfed now, while we wait for a remake (if there ever is one).
-Try using quints of MS. I use them, my performance and scores have increased alot. Sure, you are out like, what, 7dmg from the 15 AP you'd get from AP quints on your abilties. Thats not much. MS quints allow you to get within rocket range to finish them off, or to run away from an Akali. I've had times were I will just walk away from a gank because people dont expect you to run that fast. It adds up to somewhere like, 15+ extra MS which will definately allow you to get those rockets off quickly and retreat all game, and in the long run helps you WAY more than Flat AP quints.
-MR Glyphs. Once again, the extra 7 dmg on your rockets isn't a big deal. MR allows you to take a big beating and really stacks up once you get an Athenes.
-Mana regen seals. You wouldn't believe how much these little guys help you spam out, once you add up with your utility tree. I miss the Meki pendant early, but you could always get 2 faerie charms and some HP potions or a mana crystal if you intend on rushing an Athenes or Archangels, respectively.
-Of course Magic pen. Helps alot with dmg.
I max turrets first then rockets, usually with one point in grenade early for stun. Early points in turrets allow you to teach those pesky close range harassers a huge lesson. For example, I once had a stupid Lee Sin try to gank me, thanks to my MS quints I was able to run up to him as he attacked my turret, nade, rocket, and ignite him, got an easy kill because of this.
My build, try it maybe, see if it works good. The reason I like it is you get a ton of AP with AWESOME mana sustain and spaming which makes Heimer who he is late game.
-Boots 3hp
-Rod of Ages
-Sorcerers Shoes
-Rabadons
-Archangels
-Athenes
-Zhonyas
Tons of AP, huge mana sustain, MR and Armor, Zhonya's active, 40% CDR with no blue, the only thing you are missing is the void staff, which if I really need I replace the zhonyas with usually.
Once again, just my personal tips on how to work with Heimy a little bit just some suggestions.
Oh, also, buy Snowmerdinger, your performance and scores will increase and you look BEAST as ****.
Until the remake, if there is even one, good luck with Heimer!

ItsJustPain

12-16-2012

Bump