Heimerdinger Exhaustively Examined

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

VinceThaKilla

07-26-2012

bump

Savour

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-26-2012

wish heimer was better, was my first and favorite champ back when he was good.

SyntheticH2O

07-26-2012

bump for representation !!!

MadrugaXV

07-26-2012

bump !

Macademics

07-26-2012

Lol wasn't no lie when you said this was a lot to read. But gave you every angle of the champion. Anyway here's my thoughts on the champion. He does need a buff i suggest making the time on his ult scale with levels like 6/7/8 or 6/8/10 but honestly i would say 6/7/8 since the other things i thing he needs buffed. Also his ult should make his rockets ignore minions unless isn't 5 champions in range. Also removing the cast time on his grenade wouldn't be that bad of a idea. Also make the slow his turrets get from his ult scale option. That would make him a very solid champion. They shouldn't upgrade his base stats like HP, ARM, MR, cause he SHOULD be the squishiest champions due to his turrets. Also he's actually still a good champion. Given the fact you know WHEN to play him. To me with a team like Wu Kong soloing top, Malphite or nautilius jungling, Graves as ADC, and like a leona or blitzcrank or soraka as support. To me that's the perfect team for him. Sure it's not a full poke team but late game heimers AoE should NEVER be underestimated with a full build his rockets HURT. Also he should have a full build before most due to the fact that he farms like a god and if played right should a great amount of gold from kills/assists. Also he can be played not just on a poke team. Have Wu engage with his e into his ult. That will knock several of them up giving heimer enough time to run up and put a turret or 2 down that will more than likely just attack the tanks. Also allow him to let off his rockets which will do a VERY nice chunk of HP to several champs also get a good grenade off that SHOULD be able to hit at least 1-3 people. Cause from my experience people like to hug each other late game cause they don't believe heimer has enough AoE the scare them apart.

Overall I don't mind heimerdinger being where he is. Sure he's not the best champion but to me he's not under powered he's just a unique and hard to play champion and only belongs with a TEAM not like a duo/triple que. He should be used with a experienced team that understands how the champions played. But i just remembered another part of the buff that might be helpful add like 50 range to the cast range of his q (meaning me can place his turrets were he wants a little bit further). Or buff his base movement speed by 5 or 10. Cause sure you could use movement speed quints which would help but they also hurt him cause then he can't use the great flat AP quints.

MadrugaXV

07-27-2012

bump

VinceThaKilla

07-30-2012

buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuump for heimer

Evolnemesis

07-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by macdaddymikey3 View Post
Lol wasn't no lie when you said this was a lot to read. But gave you every angle of the champion. Anyway here's my thoughts on the champion. He does need a buff i suggest making the time on his ult scale with levels like 6/7/8 or 6/8/10 but honestly i would say 6/7/8 since the other things i thing he needs buffed. Also his ult should make his rockets ignore minions unless isn't 5 champions in range. Also removing the cast time on his grenade wouldn't be that bad of a idea. Also make the slow his turrets get from his ult scale option. That would make him a very solid champion. They shouldn't upgrade his base stats like HP, ARM, MR, cause he SHOULD be the squishiest champions due to his turrets. Also he's actually still a good champion. Given the fact you know WHEN to play him. To me with a team like Wu Kong soloing top, Malphite or nautilius jungling, Graves as ADC, and like a leona or blitzcrank or soraka as support. To me that's the perfect team for him. Sure it's not a full poke team but late game heimers AoE should NEVER be underestimated with a full build his rockets HURT. Also he should have a full build before most due to the fact that he farms like a god and if played right should a great amount of gold from kills/assists. Also he can be played not just on a poke team. Have Wu engage with his e into his ult. That will knock several of them up giving heimer enough time to run up and put a turret or 2 down that will more than likely just attack the tanks. Also allow him to let off his rockets which will do a VERY nice chunk of HP to several champs also get a good grenade off that SHOULD be able to hit at least 1-3 people. Cause from my experience people like to hug each other late game cause they don't believe heimer has enough AoE the scare them apart.

Overall I don't mind heimerdinger being where he is. Sure he's not the best champion but to me he's not under powered he's just a unique and hard to play champion and only belongs with a TEAM not like a duo/triple que. He should be used with a experienced team that understands how the champions played. But i just remembered another part of the buff that might be helpful add like 50 range to the cast range of his q (meaning me can place his turrets were he wants a little bit further). Or buff his base movement speed by 5 or 10. Cause sure you could use movement speed quints which would help but they also hurt him cause then he can't use the great flat AP quints.
He's not underpowered? Soraka does more damage than him, lol... seriously his ratios and burst damage are garbage, and practically ignorable late game right now... practically EVERY AP-based champ, including supports, and even hybrids that can build AP have better total AP ratios, and they ALL are harder to kill than he is. Especially when you take his cooldowns and lack of a useful ult into account. Really he's not that great in lane either anymore, he can't kill anyone with half a brain because he just doesn't have the burst unless they waltz between his turrets to get stunned, and he is FAR from the best farmer now. The only thing that makes him hard to beat in lane is his passive really. The poke from his rockets would be ignorable and you could force him to base all the time with even a little auto-attack harass if he wasn't healing constantly.

And his base stats (unless they make his turrets and ranges back to his old ones or drastically increase his damage) SHOULD be changed... he was made slow and squishy because he did strong damage from extreme range and was very safe as long as he stayed around his nests of turrets... none of that is true anymore, his ranges and all of his damage ratios were nerfed drastically, especially his grenade, making him even MORE reliant on turrets, their range is short so he DOES have to get and stay pretty close to the fighting, and he only has 2 now... outside of laning phase he is nowhere near safe even around 2 of his turrets, thanks to their ranges being severely nerfed, and because of that nerf, people can skip over his ult easily with movement abilities, kill his turrets without him being able to retaliate, or jump him from out of turret range and kill him when the turrets barely have a chance to switch targets.

And right now, he's a mage that is incapable of ever killing anyone from full health no matter how much AP he stacks, unless they sit in his turrets and let them hit them for a long time without destroying them. He had most of his power taken away from him because his kit was impossible to balance... he's far from okay as he is. Just because you can build a team around him that makes him able to not be useless doesn't mean he's a good or even halfway viable champ right now.

VinceThaKilla

07-30-2012

bump

and Evolnemesis i couldnt agree with you more

Yaomon

07-31-2012

Rebump.