Rito pls, Jayce

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

migty1joe

12-09-2013

Give him mana less abilitys in hammer form like elise

67chrome

12-09-2013

Oh gawd, no.

He was the most objectively overpowered champion when the only major difference between now and before he was nerfed is that stance-dancing charged Tear, which is almost the same thing as making him manaless.

He's a cool champion with an interesting kit, but it just holds way to much power to make him even remotely balanced with manaless skills. Unlike several champions that tend to lean towards being only good in small fights/duels or large fights by means of what you can glean from win rates in Dominion, Twisted Treelines, and Howling Abyss - Jayce has no weaknesses in either. He's an exceptional duelist with amazing mobility for 1v1 and skirmish style maps, and he's got amazing poke that's nearly impossible to dodge when it comes to more siege/team-oriented play. By the time poke-wars devolve into a bloodbath, Jayce can generally scale into an ADC/Marksman roll with solid end-game potential. In the early game - mana is the only thing limiting him from having godly ranged harass that was strong enough for him to kick melee champions out of top lane.
And by this I mean Jayce was more frightening than Nidalee in ARAM and one of the top 3 most stupid OP champions in Dominion, not kind of strong - but cheesecake tier strong pretty much across the board. He wasn't seeing the best win-rates in Rift, but then again - he was 100% pick/ban in tournaments until his stance-dance tear-stacking took a serious nerf so he did actually become limited by mana and fall into the high-cost, high-power design he currently fits. Blasting enemies with a rocket launcher isn't balanced when that rocket-launcher has the same firing rate and ammo capacity as a machine gun. Jayce being limited by mana makes that work.

As far as Nidalee and Elise comparisons go - Jayce's skills scale with AD unlike those 2, so once he finishes his combo-burst his auto-attacks hurt considerably more, and like the skills of Nidalee and Elise in their beastial forms - his auto-attacks are manaless and pack quite a punch.

steamengine

12-10-2013

you really need to play him and quickly say he weak at least in the rift but can he can not go manaless. He does just about the same in Twisted Treeline because I play him there and look at win rates. I only start ok with him when I started building botrk.