Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


3150 champs

12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Carados

Senior Member

01-10-2012

HP/level runes appear to be good but when you actually look at them they're ****ing terrible. Like all newbie traps.

And yes, making a rune page for a specific champion costs exactly 6300 IP, unless you want to be that player who can only play two champions.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DMPuffy

Senior Member

01-10-2012

Quote:
Carados:
HP/level runes appear to be good but when you actually look at them they're ****ing terrible. Like all newbie traps.

And yes, making a rune page for a specific champion costs exactly 6300 IP, unless you want to be that player who can only play two champions.


Fair enough, the page does cost money, but if you aren't playing ranked does it really matter? Other than limiting your capability to play other champions if you are unable to play that one, I'd say it was pretty sound and conventional advice.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

grayrest

Senior Member

01-10-2012

Quote:
Carados:
Akali is the most expensive champion in the game, because to play her effectively, you really need a seperate rune page for her alone.
This was true at one point but the s2 masteries make it easy. You need 7 flat AD reds (good on early game champs: Riven, Jax and current FOTM on AD carries for easier last hitting) and flat AP Quints (really common). You can min/max to get more magic pen on the page but it's not really required. If you're willing to Doran's Blade start, you don't even need the AD reds.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DMPuffy

Senior Member

01-10-2012

Quote:
grayrest:
This was true at one point but the s2 masteries make it easy. You need 7 flat AD reds (good on early game champs: Riven, Jax and current FOTM on AD carries for easier last hitting) and flat AP Quints (really common). You can min/max to get more magic pen on the page but it's not really required. If you're willing to Doran's Blade start, you don't even need the AD reds.


The old masteries had AD built in as well, it was always easy.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Carados

Senior Member

01-10-2012

Quote:
grayrest:
This was true at one point but the s2 masteries make it easy. You need 7 flat AD reds (good on early game champs: Riven, Jax and current FOTM on AD carries for easier last hitting) and flat AP Quints (really common). You can min/max to get more magic pen on the page but it's not really required. If you're willing to Doran's Blade start, you don't even need the AD reds.

You aren't playing a good Akali if you don't start with the AP passive.

Otherwhile you'll just flop about in lane.

Otherwise you're arguing that Akali was always good because you can just start Doran's Blade.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DMPuffy

Senior Member

01-10-2012

Quote:
Carados:
You aren't playing a good Akali if you don't start with the AP passive.

Otherwhile you'll just flop about in lane.

Otherwise you're arguing that Akali was always good because you can just start Doran's Blade.


That isn't what he said at all, so I'll just assume you're trolling.


12