Is Rammus banned in MLG tournaments?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mister Blaqk

01-10-2012

I feel that Rammus is probably one of the best most well rounded easy to use characters in the game. But I'm wondering is he banned from tournaments?

Kize

01-10-2012

He's a powerful initiator with his Power Ball gap closer, taunts, and small knock up. Dont forget all that armor.

Rg Toad

01-10-2012

Banned as in not able to use? No

But he is banned during the the draft process if you know he can really **** over your team comp but I don't think he is 100% always banned.

Mister Blaqk

01-10-2012

oh so he is somewhat yes top pick banned. Gotcha

Rg Toad

01-10-2012

Depends if you think you can counter his ganks then why waste a ban on him?(I am not even really sure what counters his ganks CC I'd guess since it sorta stops his Q and I guess some really good warding but I am not 100% sure )

The Letter CtrlZ

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-10-2012

FnaticMSI can handle him... they balanced their team, replacing a fighter with another AP carry. Rammus thrives on teams with unbalanced amounts of physical damage, so it would make sense that he beats conventional teams (ad carry, fighter, tank, and towers doing physical and the ap carry/support doing magic). So with the current meta, Rammus dominates the field, making most other tanks useless. Galio, the exact opposite (converts MR to AP), is hardly played because of the same reason.

I usually ban Rammus, but that isn't always the case when I'm not the captain.

Rg Toad

01-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7rmb7 View Post
FnaticMSI can handle him... they balanced their team, replacing a fighter with another AP carry. Rammus thrives on teams with unbalanced amounts of physical damage, so it would make sense that he beats conventional teams (ad carry, fighter, tank, and towers doing physical and the ap carry/support doing magic). So with the current meta, Rammus dominates the field, making most other tanks useless. Galio, the exact opposite (converts MR to AP), is hardly played because of the same reason.

I usually ban Rammus, but that isn't always the case when I'm not the captain.
An actual AP carry like another ryze or anti or zilean, or AP carry like gragas, or sion or jaxx/akali hybrids? because getting a super vulnerable AP carry seems meh vs ad carry solo top and a jungler which has more consistent dps and sustain.

thepantsparty

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Blaqk View Post
I feel that Rammus is probably one of the best most well rounded easy to use characters in the game. But I'm wondering is he banned from tournaments?
He's a pretty common ban, yes.