Mordekaiser

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hydrono

01-10-2012

Considering getting Mordekaiser, but am not sure whether I'll like him or not.

I like to play with tankey champions, but I'm not sure if he'll be good for my playstyle (I tend to chase).

Is he fun to play as, and does he get a good body count?

Lord Hekthor

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-11-2012

you should try phantom or something like that is a spartan warrior really cool too i got Morde and im think if i should get the spartan warrior

MrSlipperHat

01-11-2012

I play Morde has a solo top lane. He is more of a hold down the fort and occasionally pusher. You can build him tanky ap, or pure ap. He's pretty good at holding his own against ganks around 6.

HollowAvatar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-11-2012

The best way to describe morde, is to say he's a bully. He is rewarded for pushing people around in lane.

I will point out however, that he is all damage. He has no escape, no cc, no control of the enemy or himself whatsoever. This means that if he overextends, he has to rely on his shield to survive the beating he's going to take running all the way back to his tower should a gank happen (and it will).

Because of this, I think the longer top lane is a poor spot for him. A strong morde can bully mid lane and attract all the attention from the enemy jungle, since mid will most likely be screaming at them for help. Morde in mid can also take wraith camps frequently, hurting, however slightly, the enemy jungler, as well as making sure your jungle doesn't go to waste while ganks are going on.

Eventually, you can usually force mid to back, at which point the enemy jungler is tied down holding mid and you are free to go gank. A successful morde gank will almost always ensure you get a tower to go with it.

Morde catches a lot of **** for having no cc and being a 'pubstomp champ'. Mostly because it is obscenely easy to farm with him, but in the right composition he can really shine. You just have to know what he's good for and when to pick him. Nothing funnier than taking out a fed vayne and pushing your way through a whole lane. Plus you get to compliment them on being the best carry on both teams, which is good for their self esteem.

0Wolfheart0

01-11-2012

Wait for the day they'll remove those imba hp costs, or a least reduce them by 50%, then buy him. He doesn't bully any freaking lane

XReyoX

01-11-2012

He is strong for top lane. Morde has a good shield to counter enemy harassment as well as dealing good aoe damage. He is very good at clearing creep waves as well as pushing towers.

However, his strength is also his weakness because he relies on using his skills on the minions to generate his shield and thus he will push the creep line towards the enemy tower. If you're against someone who has little or no knowledge of how to counter a morde player, you can easily win the lane and push down his tower very early. But if you're against someone who knows how to counter him, you can get zoned out and become very useless without the farm. You're also an easy target for jungle ganks because of the lack of CC/escape mechanism and you cant avoid pushing your creeps to their tower.

As a team, you'll want someone with more CC to compensate for what a morde cant provide. Otherwise, Yorick / Wukong might be a better choice.