Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Need help with early singed build

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

tataku999

01-09-2012

So I've been working on perfecting a build for singed. The only problem is I keep feeding too early. yes I know its probably how Ive been playing. But late in the game I usually do really well.

I usually start off with Regrowth 1) to get more health and 2) to work towards force of nature.

second I want some boots. I go for recommended swiftness (this helps for later too).

I think this is a decent start but I dont know where to go from there lately ive been thinking randuin and warmog but i don't know. I like going for heart of gold kinda early so I can build a bit faster.

Where I am going with this: late game I go for 2 lich bane. Yes its awesome. depending who I am playing against with my ult, when someone is running away I am actually running in front of them, then lets say they flash, I fling them back.

Any who, Let me know about your input

Thanks!

LancerXXX

01-09-2012

That build... no offense, but it looks horrible.
I thought the standard Singed build was something like:

Catalyst
Mercury's Treads
Rod of Ages
Tank item depending on enemy team (Usually Frozen Heart)
Rylai's Crystal Scepter
Tank items, perhaps Abyssal Scepter if you need damage.

Just so you know, Warmog's Armor and Banshee's Veil are generally pretty bad tank items. Warmog's gives you more HP than you'll ever need, and buying items like Randuin's Omen and Sunfire Cape gives higher effective health.

Lich Bane is just a sub-par item on Singed. You can't make full use of the proc because Singed has no spammable skills, and you need the tankiness.

OninomizuRaaxon

01-09-2012

I play Singed, and this is my build strat:

Blue Sapphire (extra mana, extra health from passive), health pots
DO NOT, I repeat, NOT use poison trail at level 1. Grab Fling. It deals more damage and doesn't drain as much. Auto-attack last hits, with your better-than-average AD early game (it levels badly, so don't build AD).

Once you have enough money, port back, grab yourself a Red Ruby OR Catalyst if you can already. If you got first blood and have been farming well, you can get a Catalyst by level 4. Only once you have Catalyst can you start spamming your poison.

Next, of course, is Boots. It depends what the other team has - I tend to go Boots of Swiftness regardless.

Once you have enough, finish off your Rod of Ages. Getting this early will help with the passive AND will make you health tanky due to the passive health it gives and your own passive.

Leveling order (how I do so) goes thus:
1. Fling
2. Poison
3. Poison
4. Fling
5. Slow
6. Ult
7. Poison
8. Fling
9. Poison
10.Fling
11. Ult
12. Fling
13. Fling
14. Slow
15. Slow
16. Ult
17. Slow
18. Slow

That's your early game. From there, Force of Nature and Frozen Heart if they have a diverse AD/AP team, or Thornmail/Aybssal Scepter if they have mainly AD with a few AP. Aybssal will give you more damage output.

After that, you should have enough health, armour and MR to survive, so start with the Rabadon's Deathcap. Usually, I don't get much further into a game than this, so the last item is up to you. Honestly, I used to go Lichbane, but I've found that it just isn't a great item for Singed.

If you want to go full damage/HP tanky, then this is the best:

Archangel's Staff
Boots of Swiftness
Rod of Ages
Rod of Ages
Rod of Ages
Rabadon's Deathcap

Fling can do up to 1000 damage.

Hope this helped!

GreatPyramid

01-09-2012

I agree with lancerXXX, but throwing in a Will of the Ancients can be very effective, however you have to play a little bit safer if you buy it.

GreatPyramid

01-09-2012

Quote:
OninomizuRaaxon:

Archangel's Staff
Boots of Swiftness
Rod of Ages
Rod of Ages
Rod of Ages
Rabadon's Deathcap

archangels isn't particularly strong on singed, simply because getting to 1000 bonus mana is nearly impossible in a normal length game. Also, you only need one rod of ages, because Rylais will give you the health and AP. Rabadon's is good if you are doing really well.

OninomizuRaaxon

01-09-2012

Quote:
GreatPyramid:
archangels isn't particularly strong on singed, simply because getting to 1000 bonus mana is nearly impossible in a normal length game. Also, you only need one rod of ages, because Rylais will give you the health and AP. Rabadon's is good if you are doing really well.

This is a troll build.

You're not aiming to get the 1000 mana, all you want from this is the 3% of mana to AP. The three RoA give **** tons of AP, health and mana, which stacks well with his passive and the 3% mana to Ap from AA. And of course, Deathcap will give you 30% more AP, which will give you well over 700 AP, dealing 1000 per flip and 300 per second in poison.

Bork9128

01-10-2012

normally I rush a catalyst of the protector then merc treds

final build is something like

RoA, Merc Treads, FoN, Frozen Heart, Void Staff, Death cap

however if the other team is very heavy ad or ap you can drop the appropriate tank item for arch angels

skill ranking is 1 point in e at level 1 then R>Q>W>E

I find you slow to be much more useful than fling because leveling it only up damage and really you normally dont use it for the damage

tataku999

01-10-2012

I know its not a good build. This is why I am asking for help. Thank you for your input I will try things out.

Though I don't know about you guys but I still want a lich bane speed build. That's just how I want to play singed... right now at least. just chasing em down for fling, then running circles around them.

tataku999

01-10-2012

Okay my build is working better, or the team I just played were noobs except we had afk (so 4v5) they had a fed yi and teemo. I ended with 16/7/20. near the end I did 1v2 against yi and olaf near their turret, and killed both of them by myself.

my build ended with

force of nature
boots of swiftness
sunfire
randuin
lich bane
lich bane

started with regenerate pendant, then boots, another pendant, wardens mail, heart of gold, sunfire, randuin, then lich banes

i have ignite and flash. use mega adhesive then I literally dance around them. I just remembered that he get health for how much mana he has. and I dont know how to make use of that.

SkuzeeII

01-10-2012

My "Pro Singed" build never loses when he's backed by a competent team.

Take Solo top, start with boots and three hp pots, and take one point in Fling.

I play safe, take as few hits as possible until you'e level 6. Focus on leveling Q after you get one point in each skill. When the enemy goes to last hit your creeps turn on Poisson and flip them into your poised/creeps and run behind your creeps. Try to keep them near your tower so they can't gank you until you get level 6 and a catalyst, then get more aggressive because you can pop your ult to escape from most sticky situations. when a new minion wave comes up turn poison on and run to the casters, to the melee, then back tot he casters and turn poison off. Now autoattack the living creeps and you will farm up gold nicely. Farm up and turn your catalyst into a Rod of Ages, then farm up some more until you have a Force of nature and upgraded boots (I get boots of swiftness) or push over the enemy tower. After that I start building to a Sunfire cape and roam the map to help other lanes push or to bait team fights. After you get the Sunfire cape build to a Ryalis Crystal Sceptre and then based on how much damage you're taking go for a Warmogs or Banshees veil.

After you have your RoA, Force of Nature, and boots you can pretty easily troll the enemy team. Bait a group into attacking you, then ult and run to your awaiting team.

I don't remember my masteries or runes but I think my runes are odd compared to most people's, I take cooldown glyphs with every champion I use and with Signed this makes it so that you can pop your ult and by the time it's over it's almost on cooldown for another run.