Riot I love the new 6300 all champion system

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Colonel17

02-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoLHowTo View Post
You should know one thing though. Riot is a business and are making a worldwide game with a base of 32million players for free. Riot relys on RP purchases to help the game grow and make a profit. If riot kept splashing RP all over the place then people would just wait for that splash and keep from buying RP in larger quantities. So what does riot do? They release champions with high ip costs which in theory takes 70 games and around 35 hours in game (Which is a long time). So now people cant be bothered to play that long and instead buy with RP, success. Riot has made some money to pay employees and to continue to finance their operations and improve on the game with more new content. Personally yes, some of this stuff is ridiculous but don't forget Riot is trying to make money just like any other game out there. Might i add you hardly see any of those spam advertisements on their site.
ISANYONEEVENREADINGTHISIDONTTHIKNSOI do think some of your suggestions are worthy but i'd do it like this:
- Ashe, Garen, Ryze 100% free - AGREED, good idea.
- Every 100 normal wins -> the player receives 250RP
- IP gains per game increased by 25% allowing a maximum of 150IP for those long games.
- Once u spend $100 on RP, You gain access to a special skin for a champ and the champ if you dont already have. The champ i'd think which would be a good pick is Ashe as well, shes one of the favourite champs of many players.

Soo yea, my thoughts. Don't think anyone will actually read this
just to prove i read it. and i like your idea, though i think riot needs to lower the IP prices of some old champions. why is Galio still 6300?

Soulvomit

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-21-2012

I doubt my message will be read, its a very long thread. Anyway, I agree with everything in the OP. Anyone just now starting the game will never see all champs unlocked unless they have money and LOTS of it. They give nothing back to the players that really support the game either. Lets compare them to another FTP game... Team Fortress 2 aka TF2.

You earn a set number of product a week based on time played. Time not used is rolled over to the next week and the week after, ect. Higher quality products are not obtainable through the method UNTIL your first purchase - after which you have chances for high quality goods BUT you can obtain duplicates - gain premium status with first purchase no matter what it is. A free product of any price for every 20$ spent in a single purchase. Products are not way over-priced, some are as low as 0.49c. You have the ability to take any product of any price, one at a time, on a week long trial run - using it as if you owned it and able to buy it for -27% off during that week if you liked it.

Compared to a business model like that, Riot just seems to badger supporters. I for one have spent enough money on the game to buy 8 newly released games and am no where near getting half the content. Its nothing I am proud of and will not be giving them another penny until they change how they do business. However, I thank them for teaching me a lesson about the FTP business.

Míss Whískers

02-21-2012

CHOOO CHOOO keep this thread going!

KillerJaedong

02-21-2012

I agree with OP.

I dislike this and will protest by not buying any 6300 champ until more champs are lowered in cost.
That will be all.

KillerJaedong

02-21-2012

Most companies would answer dissapointed customers in one way or another.
This is a huge thread, whats going on.

Yfrappefort

02-21-2012

Bumping again.

Father Scotty

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-21-2012

it is pretty ridiculous. they should have an option to buy the game for like 50 bucks and from then on out you get all the champs and all the skins

NaoMeMata

02-21-2012

bump

The Simbul

02-21-2012

yes, let's cut Riot one source of income, so that they cannot keep the company working and have to stop making/supporting this game, just because YOU need cheaper FREE champions. Sound logic. I congratulate you.

whitemilk

02-21-2012

Buying skins > buying champs.