Help thread for players, answer by 1800s.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ExecutionerK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by The69Ninja View Post
I haven't had time to read through the thread yet so please forgive me if this question has been asked before. My question is: If during early game I fall behind on CS, deaths, kills, etc. how do I get back into the game so I don't have to be a liability anymore.
The easiest way usually is to freeze the lane, completely control the minion wave into a position that is in your favor, and ward defensively.

For example, if you are at bottom lane, you want to let the enemy push forward, then freeze the lane right outside of your turret range. Even though you cannot freeze the minions at that position forever, you should be able to get a minute or two with perfect protection from the turret, thus, making the enemy in a position that is much easier to gank by your jungler.

ExecutionerK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voidjames View Post
Is Ezreal currently viable in ranked?
Yes he is. Ezreal has amazing burst early game and still have a really good re-position skill later into the game. The fact that his W can boost the attack speed of the top bruiser and jungler also means that he can contribute in a team fight utility wise

ExecutionerK

04-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ir0xyours0x View Post
Quote is too long
As far as I can tell, being at 500 elo is a composition of MANY DIFFERENT PROBLEMS.

I was able to find a replay of yours about 2 weeks ago and looking into it now, but if you have such low elo, chances is that you will need some 1 on 1 tutoring or spend another half a year on playing the game to get better.

Edit: After looking at the replay, you have a lot of problem

First off, after buying your ward, you rarely put it down, which is not going to help you.
Secondly, you don't last hit, you are pushing the lane without getting the last hit on minion. The concept about last hitting is to control the minion wave into a position that is in your favor, you need to adjust that from time to time.
Lastly, the builds are awful. You went mejai when you are only even on kill and deaths. Although the assists start kicking in, Mejai is still a bad item for you since you are not winning the lane.

There are many more minor problems, but these should be enough for you to fix for now.
Link of your replay:
http://www.leaguereplays.com/replays/match/344770/

ConstantPressure

04-15-2012

Thank-you I'll look more into it. It was funny when you said you found a replay of me. I was like OH ****! judgement day! I really do appreciate you taking your time. I try hard to win games. I'm sure i make errors. Since you watched it from frantiks POV, ( he's my duo a lot) what did you see he did wrong, if you remember.

ConstantPressure

04-15-2012

Oh also, on that game, I think i was "support" sion because, of all the confusion during champ selection.

The69Ninja

04-15-2012

Thanks for the help, really appreciate it and it's very insightful

Dark Fledgling

Recruiter

04-15-2012

Hey their, here's hoping I can get some tips.

I bought Rumble a while back. I figured since I had just gotten my spell vamp quints I should give him a try. I've followed every guide I can find and built him countless number of ways. In probably 10-15 games with him over the past few months, I've never had a positive score except once, and I've almost always fed my lane till the point that we lose the game.

About 5 min ago I decided to build super early game. I went MPenn reds, Flat Arm yellows and flat AP blues and quints. Went 21/9/0 and was super concentrating on the game, goin top.
Out of the bushes a bit late walks a Yorick, who if you know, is free to play atm. This Yorick was at half HP, and had bought zero items. He then proceeded to first blood me, and their was absolutely nothing I could do about it. All that armor combined with my boots, and popping a health pot, I not only could not escape, but I couldnt even touch him.
I was also a full level ahead of him.

Should I just give up on the champ and never play him again? Or am I doing something terribly wrong? I played super safe. I'm usually a quite good player, and can play most other champs without a single problem.

Basically, I'm clueless

Any help would great.
Thanks,
-DF

ExecutionerK

04-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Fledgling View Post
-DF
There is not enough detail for me to understand your problem. If a yorick doesn't have item and at half health, there is no way he can first blood you. I think you just don't understand the concept of Rumble, which I will suggest you to look into some higher ELO gameplay.

Rebal

04-15-2012

So, right now the two main characters I play are Gragas and Veigar, both AP carries (although Gragas can also be a tanky tank tank). A big problem that I've experienced in games so far is surprise AD enemy champions, like Xin Zhao, sometimes Garen, etcetera.

They pop out, attack me, and most of the time I can't get away. As Gragas, I can body slam away (maybe even go past a short wall), and as Veigar I can use event horizon and give myself a decent advantage in distance, but I often find that these abilities are on cooldown or ultimately don't make a difference; I am, especially as Gragas, slower than them, and they take me down extremely quickly with their criticals and 2 ApS attack speed.

I'm quite sure it is a problem with my positioning in relation to my team, and maybe my team sometimes (I don't want to go on a blaming streak, but I suppose it is possible.) So, any tips for positioning?

Also, I find that my Veigar and Gragas game is okay; I know what to build to (for me, at least), I mostly know their abilities and how to use them (although I am not a great innovator, yet), and I believe that I am good, or at least decent with them. However, I believe that my general game isn't the best. Zoning, positioning, etcetera.

Arrowkill

04-15-2012

I'm currently at 1046, and i play a nice support and top (win lanes 75% about), but I just don't seem to be able to win unless I'm in duo with a higher rated friend. Can you give me any advice about how to avoid games with unskilled players other than playing with just a higher rated friend?

Could you also please tell me some counters for Morde and Nasus?

Thanks