Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Help thread for players, answer by 1800s.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ExecutionerK

04-14-2012

I will keep the reply simple

1. Too much rage, you keep on arguing, knowing it will never end.
2. Not using Mundo's fast clear time to your advantage.
(Mundo's clear time is much faster than skarner, and early level skarner cannot complete with Mundo in the jungle, you did 0 counter jungling)
3. Not enough wards
Malzahar in this game had mentioned it many times, Leona doesn't have enough money to buy wards, and jungler probably should sacrifice some money for the map control
4. Never did important map objective when you have the chance
Seeing Skarner ganking top, is usually a good indication that you can go siege the dragon, as Malzahar at that time was winning his lane, and probably can force a good 4v3 dragon.
5. Ward placement was rather bad
You can take a look at the warding section on my site, under support tab.

Larson McMurphy

04-14-2012

I need a little advice about getting into ranked. I never started playing ranked because I was confident enough in my ability to fill any role on a team. Mostly I just never got into jungling. Recently though I've been working on jungling a lot and feel pretty comfortable with it. I can solo top and play support bot as well. I'm really not very good at ap mid or ad ranged.

I have over 50% win rate in normal with almost 600 wins right now. So basically, if I'm going to just jump into doing ranked I don't want to do it blindly. I need to know what the top ban picks are right now, and maybe a little advice about counter picking, and what to do if I get stuck having to do a role I'm not good at (ap or ad). It'd be great if there was actually a counterpicking guide out there. Also, if there is a good counterpick available, should I just pick a champ that I'm just better at playing anyway?

The champs I feel most comfortable with right now are:
Nunu jungle or support
Mundo jungle or top
Shen jungle or top
Garen top
Singed top
Taric support

Any advice would be awesome.

ExecutionerK

04-14-2012

Quote:
Larson McMurphy:
The champs I feel most comfortable with right now are:
Nunu jungle or support
Mundo jungle or top
Shen jungle or top
Garen top
Singed top
Taric support

Any advice would be awesome.

Quote:
What are the top bans?

Assuming this is ~1200elo
Always banned: Shen, Shaco, Morg, Kass
Sometime banned: Rammus, Cass, Kennen, Ryze(probably less cass and ryze at lower elo)

Quote:
Counterpicking

As for counterpicking, the general rule of thumb is to pick a champion that either out range, out harass, or out scale the enemy. For example, Ryze completely counter Sion due to his range. Soraka can counter Morde due to her silence and range.

Quote:
Stuck with AP or AD

Play champion that is easy and stick to basic. The good example will be Graves, who has powerful AoE with escape. Or Ryze mid, who can tank a lot of damage in a team fight (allow much more mistakes to be made in a team fight)

Cenerae

04-14-2012

Are you familiar with the Riven vs Renekton matchup solo top?

Everyone tells me that Riven wins the matchup easily but I always get stomped. I lose every trade from level 2 onward and proceed to get crushed. If I go in to lasthit I get bursted.

What should I be building early game and how can I win this supposedly easy matchup? I've only ever survived the lane by stacking armor but it ruins my midgame since I have no damage.

I have no issues with him once I have some damage items under my belt, though.

ExecutionerK

04-14-2012

Quote:
Cenerae:
Are you familiar with the Riven vs Renekton matchup solo top?

Everyone tells me that Riven wins the matchup easily but I always get stomped. I lose every trade from level 2 onward and proceed to get crushed. If I go in to lasthit I get bursted.

What should I be building early game and how can I win this supposedly easy matchup? I've only ever survived the lane by stacking armor but it ruins my midgame since I have no damage.

I have no issues with him once I have some damage items under my belt, though.

The thing with Riven against Renekton is that Rene's stun is much better than Riven, and his dash allow him to gap close longer that Riven in short amount of time.

When you are trying to trade with Rene, keep in mind that he will heal back if you don't press on. NEVER GIVE HIM THAT CHANCE. His Q's heal is really powerful and I believe that is the reason that you have trouble with him.

Never take a free Q in the face, nor let him Q the minion wave for huge lifesteal, then I think you are good to go

Edit: Actually I think I just taught you nothing...as these two steps are obvious but hard to do = ="

xBrownxJESUSx

04-14-2012

Hi, I've been having trouble dealing with xin zhao top. It seems that no matter what champ I play, he always ends up killing me. I should mention that this is pre-level 30 so often top lane ends up as a 1v2 (i'm usually solo) Tips on dealing with a 1v2 or just with xin zhao would be appreciated. Thank you!

The69Ninja

04-15-2012

I haven't had time to read through the thread yet so please forgive me if this question has been asked before. My question is: If during early game I fall behind on CS, deaths, kills, etc. how do I get back into the game so I don't have to be a liability anymore.

Voidjames

04-15-2012

Is Ezreal currently viable in ranked?

ConstantPressure

04-15-2012

I'm going to ask you a question, and i'm goign to get flamed because that's what happens. However, I know i'm not the best, I dont' beleive in this elo hell ****. However, I started playing as soon as I hit 30, and i dropped a lot. I go on strides to push and start getting back to atleast mentionable elo. However, I still can't seem to get where I need to be. I'm currently at around 500 elo. Which is awful, i'm aware. I try not to think i'm better then everyone else because I feel if I do, it would make me over cocky and i probably wouldn't trust my team mates at all in this team game. I have some duo partners and we usually do well together and win. When I go solo que I tend to lose.

I'm just curious what can I do to win more? I focue on last hitting, I try my best to ward as much as I can. I've been playing for about 5-7 months. Not really sure how long. I always ask myself what could I of done differently to win that match. I ask myself, could a better player of won that match if they were in my shoes, My answer for the most part, is yes. It's really hard to figure out waht I could of done differently. I focus on things that I think i'm supposed to.

I feel like I can use a variety of different characters. My strongest position is jungle, I counter jungle well, usually shut down the other jungle with wards and stealing objectives, sometimes I early gank and get easy first blood.

My jungler that I tend to pick depends on the team comp, and what is needed. If I feel we need cc and a bruiser I use Lee sin, Nunu, or skarner.If I feel we need a bruiser with early game strength I use Shyvana. Lastly, if I feel we have champs that fall off early game, such as LB, Caitlyn, or others, I pick poppy. A lot of people question that pick, however I do well in the jungle with her and atleast have a 60% win ratio with her. I feel her late game is almost unmatches, She counter jungles well, ganks well, and other things. The only downfall to her IMO is that she is too mana dependant, and you should always try to give your blue to your mid if possible. Any advantage helps the team. Also, sometimes I will jungle sion if i feel we need an AP jungle that is strong early game (If we have late game players that can compensate for him falling off late game as AP)

Now, I feel my second strongest position is support. I really like nunu support, nautillus support, and blitzcrank support. I can use others, that the community really holds in high regards, however I just dont' win as much with them. Once again I buy a ton of wards and try to ping game objectives for us to try and focus and win.

Next I would say i am a fairly strong ad carry, however, I dont' feel I win enough as an ad carry. I also feel I am too aggressive with them to be one. For example, with corki I usually get a lot of kills, and assists, however. I don't win very often. Then only ad carry I seem to win a lot more then I lose, is Kog Maw. I just struggle with my over aggressive play style sometimes. I try to tone it back and make sure i stay in strong position, so I don't die early and really let my team down.

My second to weakest position is, mid. I like playing AP sion mid. I usually push the lane, steal wraiths, and get boots of mobility for early ganks to help any lane that needs help. (the jungler can't be everywhere). I also do pretty well with ziggs mid, I like his skill shots and I can usually do well, however I notice I don't win much like this, SO I don't go mid often. I always make sure I ward there jungle to help secure team objectives, and also help ward other lanes that seem to get ganked too much from there lack of knowledge on wards.

Sadly, I would say my weakest position is SOLO top. I use mordekaiser, shyvana, and sometimes lee sin. I tend to just not win that lane so I don't touch it. I'm sure I do a bunch wrong but I try. As shyvana, I counter jungle there objectives a lot. Push lane so I can do these things. make sure i buy wards, and always make sure I have teleport to help top lane if I need to recall, or to help push a turret if it looks like we are about to get one.

If I was to say my weakest component of overall gameplay. It would possibly be pushing after achieving a kill. I alway seem to passive on pushing turrets, and often times my team mates dont' seem to know when to push either. So, it's hard to win. I"m not saying i'm better then my elo, i'm not saying i'm worse. I know it's an awful ELO to be in, and that's why i'm swallowing my pride and asking for help. I try my best to win, I put a lot of game hours in. When i first got level 30, i didn't know how to last hit and I thought twitch was the god of all gods. Obviously i've grown from there, but I still struggle to win at this easy ELO. Please dont' flame me, I just need help. Is there a concept to the game i'm missing? I definatly struggle on counter picking. I'm just stumped man. I want to win more then anything. Even if I get mad at team mates, I encourage them and try not to flame. If i see someone else flaming, i try to stick up for them, and if i'm getting flamed, I apoligize and ask them if there is anything I could do better. I just want to win, please help!

ExecutionerK

04-15-2012

Quote:
xBrownxJESUSx:
Hi, I've been having trouble dealing with xin zhao top. It seems that no matter what champ I play, he always ends up killing me. I should mention that this is pre-level 30 so often top lane ends up as a 1v2 (i'm usually solo) Tips on dealing with a 1v2 or just with xin zhao would be appreciated. Thank you!

Xin zhao requires to do his 3rd hit to knock you up, and he also need to attack minions to regen health.

The best counterpicking to Xin zhao is to play something with amazing harass, Rumble and AD Nidalee both have ranged harass with shield/ heal, making it really difficult for xin zhao to deal with.

Just remember to not let him normal attack minions for free, he should fall pretty fast.