Help thread for players, answer by 1800s.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ExecutionerK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

04-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by daredevil39 View Post
1st off i wanted to say im really impressed ur still answering questions. I wish more people wud be as kind as u. truly appreciated. I had a few questions myself. First off: I'm level 26 and I've been debating about roles/runes. I have lee sin, akali, and riven as my best played champs and I know I can jungle/solo top with all of em (except akali jungle). What wud be tips for WHEN i shud pick one of them over the other? (i read about the akali not being picked early in case of getting coutnered). Also, when should i start building runes? I'm still not sure if I'm happy with just having these as my go-to champs for the games that count (ranked) and so I'm still thinking of getting other champs instead of runes... note: i do have jarvan,corki,yi,poppy,trist,veigar,ww,and zilean as my other champs in case that helps in any way. Thank you so much again for all your effort and kindness!
Lee Sin or Riven if you want good early game that can snowball into insane mid game and sometime even late game

Akali if your team need some burst and you think you can survive early game (as akali shines at mid game) But beware, don't let people to counter pick you with stuff like lee sin....it is really painful to fight against him.

I think you should start building runes first, you can start off with AD mark which can work on pretty much all champions (help with last hit even on mage, although magic pen is usually better)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ExecutionerK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

04-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaku Benkei View Post
1. I don't want to shift all blame from myself as I do make mistake sometimes, but I feel as though more often than not I get one or two team mates who specifically call a certain roles then have no idea what they're doing at them. Is this common in all elo levels or just because I've sunken into elo hell?

2. Recently I've been stuck in the support roles alot, at first I hated it but I've become more and more accustomed to it, but I've been besides both sides of the river where else should I be placing wards? I usually play Soraka, what should I be focusing on doing during team fights? Healing? Silencing potential damage dealers?

Thank you for your time.
1. Usually your true elo is + or - 200 after the first 20 ranked games, if you are stuck at the same elo, it is just that it is close to your true elo

However, I do want to remind everyone who is reading this, ELO don't just represent your skill level, but your skill on CARRYING. Carry the good and bad will eventually get you to higher elo, having a 50/50 lane isn't good enough, and destroying one lane is still usually not enough, you must be able to create an advantage on two or three lanes (considering there are 4 lanes in the game, top mid bot and jungle)

2. http://leagueoflegendhelp.webs.com/apps/photos/

view that as a slideshow, it should improve your warding by a lot

As for Soraka, you want to heal the target that will use the armor buff or heal effectively, then silence important target that requires skill to do damage (such as Cass or Ryze) and finally starfall if you can so that your AP carry will do more damage.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WWJDFTW

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

04-10-2012

1. How do you know when you have an advantage at any point in the game (early game, mid game, late game)? For instance how would you estimate the killing potential of your team vs theirs when deciding to lvl 1 invade? Like at what point does a certain champion start dealing too much damage to ignore? Is it just accumulated experience or is there some other thing I'm not considering?

2. How would you go about becoming a more efficient support? I know someone like blitz or alistar can occasionally roam when there isn't a lot for them to do bot, but what about champs like soraka who don't have as good ganking abilities?

3. When I play AD and dunk on their bot and kill the outer tower pretty quickly (like 8-10 minutes), what should I be doing after that? I feel that though I'm more farmed than their bot, I'm not really strong enough so that our team has a good enough advantage if we both grouped up. As an AD carry I probably won't have any CC so ganking mid is usually out of the question. I can't stay bot forever since I'd be horribly overextended, but if I leave the enemy AD gets to free farm. When should I know to keep freezing bot or go help get objectives?

Thanks a lot!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ExecutionerK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

04-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWJDFTW View Post
1. How do you know when you have an advantage at any point in the game (early game, mid game, late game)? For instance how would you estimate the killing potential of your team vs theirs when deciding to lvl 1 invade? Like at what point does a certain champion start dealing too much damage to ignore? Is it just accumulated experience or is there some other thing I'm not considering?

2. How would you go about becoming a more efficient support? I know someone like blitz or alistar can occasionally roam when there isn't a lot for them to do bot, but what about champs like soraka who don't have as good ganking abilities?

3. When I play AD and dunk on their bot and kill the outer tower pretty quickly (like 8-10 minutes), what should I be doing after that? I feel that though I'm more farmed than their bot, I'm not really strong enough so that our team has a good enough advantage if we both grouped up. As an AD carry I probably won't have any CC so ganking mid is usually out of the question. I can't stay bot forever since I'd be horribly overextended, but if I leave the enemy AD gets to free farm. When should I know to keep freezing bot or go help get objectives?

Thanks a lot!
1.
There are usually 3 ways to estimate the advantage that you are having, 1. Turret, 2. Creep score, 3. Kills, if you are far ahead in two out of the three, you should have no problem doing important map objective such as dragon or enemy blue buff.

Usually for level 1 invade, you want 2 hard CC skill or one that will last more than 1.5 seconds, for example, blitz and alistar will be good, Morgana's snare is also really good.

General rule of thumb will be builds, if the enemy have any item such as BF sword, Rabadon's deathcap, or just a needlessly large rod, then you know they are going to do damage and should not be ignored, but other than that you should actually know the match-up, there is no short-cut for this.

2.
Soraka might not have good ganking abilities, but she actually have decent zoning ability.
Her starfall will push the minion wave a bit, but it deals a lot of damage if you hit the enemy champion, not to mention that your silence have a rather long range.

Good support is not limited to keep the map warded and sustain the ranged AD, you can also contribute to the team by watching the map and predicting the enemy movement, thus typing it out in the chat (and mark down the timer for objectives, of course)

3.
If you take the enemy turret that early, you usually want to roam around, put some pressure at somewhere and force them to do something other than farming. For example, doing dragon, or in this case that you had mentioned, put 3 players up top, forcing the enemy mid and jungle to help them and one of the bottom must go to mid.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

iVow

Senior Member

04-11-2012

What's a good jungler that can clear out fast, but is more farm jungle oriented? I mean ganking when a lane need's help is good and all but i kinda want more passive play when jungling, or like counter jungling, stealing buffs, ect and not a full on ganker/jungler or is a farm oriented jungler even viable?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ExecutionerK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

04-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by VKeSe View Post
What's a good jungler that can clear out fast, but is more farm jungle oriented? I mean ganking when a lane need's help is good and all but i kinda want more passive play when jungling, or like counter jungling, stealing buffs, ect and not a full on ganker/jungler or is a farm oriented jungler even viable?
Mundo


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Merqurial

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

04-11-2012

Thank you Ken, you've helped me tremendously. I'm very grateful.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DroppinBombs

Junior Member

04-13-2012

I play Lee Sin jungle and usually use smite and exhaust or maybe smite and flash (for them Wtf flash kicks).

Just wanted to know your standpoint, and anyone else's that runs a Lee Sin well, on what is the best standard sum spell setup? I was thinking about running teleport in some situations since Sin is always placing wards, for map control and always being able to save a teammate. What do you think about the viability?

Also, for those games when Sin gets banned who is the second best jungle besides Udyr, I don't like him.

Thanks ahead of time.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ExecutionerK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

04-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DroppinBombs View Post
I play Lee Sin jungle and usually use smite and exhaust or maybe smite and flash (for them Wtf flash kicks).

Just wanted to know your standpoint, and anyone else's that runs a Lee Sin well, on what is the best standard sum spell setup? I was thinking about running teleport in some situations since Sin is always placing wards, for map control and always being able to save a teammate. What do you think about the viability?

Also, for those games when Sin gets banned who is the second best jungle besides Udyr, I don't like him.

Thanks ahead of time.
Lee sin is really unique, you can run smite and exhaust or flash or ignite, depend on how you want to use the spell. Most of the time when you are ganking, ignite can be better than exhaust (especially at bottom lane).

I don't think teleport is that great on lee sin, he already got a lot of mobility and he should focus more on having the power to kill or crowd control the enemy (which is the reason for all those summoner spells)

As for jungler, I think you can give Nocturne a try, since after 6 his gank is just AMAZING.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Homer

Member

04-14-2012

Hi, I find myself stuck at around 1450 elo for a while now, and just cannot get out of losing and winning games and just floating around the same elo. I find myself playing for a long time without really gaining any elo at all, but just hovering around 1450. Does this mean im stuck at this elo, and should just stop trying? Or is there something you can suggest to help me continue to raise my elo?

Thanks.