Help thread for players, answer by 1800s.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ExecutionerKen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bootyist View Post
I just have some random questions... I would say I've learned to play Ashe at quite a good level but its obvious that she lacks mobility and escape which makes her extremely reliant on summoner skills. Are there any good alternative champions that fit her playstyle? I've considered graves but he seems to lack CC in team fights. If not I'm okay with playing AP mid as well, so I was considering Anivia.

Also is there a counter to the current metagame in terms of composition? Kind of a vague question but I'm kind of curious.

Are there any game mechanics that are beneficial (key bindings etc.). I know smart casting is an obvious but I find it hard to adjust as I've been playing HoN for a long time.
1. Ashe actually requires rather lot positioning skill and kiting skill as a ranged AD, I think Graves is fine, as his smokescreen is actually really powerful cc.

2. There is a counter to the current metagame, this current meta game is focusing on even distribution of gold, two bruisers bottom (with some form of gap closer and cc) and ranged AD mid (often win mid lane early game easily) can be used to counter the current metagame, however, there are some minor problem with this setup, such as ranged AD tends to lack CC to escape from turret dive (thus, why they want support) or they are really bad at ganking compare to most AP mid.

3.One of the best key binding I had find is the taunt and laugh, they distract the enemies so much! (Okay, yes, I was trolling you, I think smartcast is the most important in most cases.

Duhizy

04-10-2012

hey so i just played this game as lee sin against a leona jungle and i absolutely destroyed her getting 2 kills on her before 10 min and taking her buffs and jungle allowing me to continue to steal all her buffs by timing them. Needless to say we snowballed like crazy through red buff ganks succeeding but i did die a few times because they warded their buffs and killed me when i took them basically and i had issues ganking bot lane also because taric had it warded and could only gank by timing the ward for one good gank. So basically my issue is wards everywere knowing that i would come and take all the buffs. Now i know that oracles would be good here but my issue is that i dont run flash on lee so i can counter jungle with exhaust and when i get caught like the time they caught me at red buff, i sometimes dont have the time to ward jump or i cant jump over a wall because im to far away; therefore, having an oracles would basically set me back a kill worth of gold. Wut naowz

PressF1

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-10-2012

What would you recommend ~1200 elo players do to get better?

ExecutionerKen

04-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by duhizy View Post
hey so i just played this game as lee sin against a leona jungle and i absolutely destroyed her getting 2 kills on her before 10 min and taking her buffs and jungle allowing me to continue to steal all her buffs by timing them. Needless to say we snowballed like crazy through red buff ganks succeeding but i did die a few times because they warded their buffs and killed me when i took them basically and i had issues ganking bot lane also because taric had it warded and could only gank by timing the ward for one good gank. So basically my issue is wards everywere knowing that i would come and take all the buffs. Now i know that oracles would be good here but my issue is that i dont run flash on lee so i can counter jungle with exhaust and when i get caught like the time they caught me at red buff, i sometimes dont have the time to ward jump or i cant jump over a wall because im to far away; therefore, having an oracles would basically set me back a kill worth of gold. Wut naowz
Ward jumping is close to your only real solution, otherwise you should invest in one or two pink ward, there are some common spot that people ward such as wraith ramp to counter enemy from counter jungling

btw, please don't give me a wall of text next time, thank you.

ExecutionerKen

04-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PressF1 View Post
What would you recommend ~1200 elo players do to get better?
Usually being at 1200 means that your concept or basic skill of the game is still not good.

Basic skills includes: Last hitting, Zoning, and Warding
Concept includes: Map control, buff control, and ganks timing.

FaerellG

04-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExecutionerKen View Post
I don't think it is necessary to bump this thread? >_>
It fell to the 3rd page.

King Kappa

04-10-2012

I want to improve my Galio, so I figure I need to ask someone really good.

My problems :
1. Winning my lane
2. Landing my skill shots
3. Going out of my lane to gank as well as accepting ganks
4. Map control and awareness
5. I never use wards on Galio
6. Killing my opponent in lane
7. Should I go with a full flat MR rune page on him because of his passive and if not, what?

Things I know I'm decent at :
1. Landing skill shots on ANY champion other than Galio... =/
2. Farming, averaging 80 cs in the first 10 minutes as Galio. That's more or less what I saw in IEM Kiev
3. Surviving ganks. I've only died once in a gank as Galio despite never having used wards on him.
4. Positioning.

ExecutionerKen

04-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sīmba View Post
I want to improve my Galio, so I figure I need to ask someone really good.

My problems :
1. Winning my lane
2. Landing my skill shots
3. Going out of my lane to gank as well as accepting ganks
4. Map control and awareness
5. I never use wards on Galio
6. Killing my opponent in lane
7. Should I go with a full flat MR rune page on him because of his passive and if not, what?

Things I know I'm decent at :
1. Landing skill shots on ANY champion other than Galio... =/
2. Farming, averaging 80 cs in the first 10 minutes as Galio. That's more or less what I saw in IEM Kiev
3. Surviving ganks. I've only died once in a gank as Galio despite never having used wards on him.
4. Positioning.
http://www.solomid.net/guides.php?g=15113

This guide have a lot of small details that should help you with Galio, since I don't play him much I don't think I will give better advice than this one.

daredevil39

04-10-2012

1st off i wanted to say im really impressed ur still answering questions. I wish more people wud be as kind as u. truly appreciated. I had a few questions myself. First off: I'm level 26 and I've been debating about roles/runes. I have lee sin, akali, and riven as my best played champs and I know I can jungle/solo top with all of em (except akali jungle). What wud be tips for WHEN i shud pick one of them over the other? (i read about the akali not being picked early in case of getting coutnered). Also, when should i start building runes? I'm still not sure if I'm happy with just having these as my go-to champs for the games that count (ranked) and so I'm still thinking of getting other champs instead of runes... note: i do have jarvan,corki,yi,poppy,trist,veigar,ww,and zilean as my other champs in case that helps in any way. Thank you so much again for all your effort and kindness!

Merqurial

04-10-2012

1. I don't want to shift all blame from myself as I do make mistake sometimes, but I feel as though more often than not I get one or two team mates who specifically call a certain roles then have no idea what they're doing at them. Is this common in all elo levels or just because I've sunken into elo hell?

2. Recently I've been stuck in the support roles alot, at first I hated it but I've become more and more accustomed to it, but I've been besides both sides of the river where else should I be placing wards? I usually play Soraka, what should I be focusing on doing during team fights? Healing? Silencing potential damage dealers?

Thank you for your time.