Help thread for players, answer by 1800s.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ExecutionerKen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solatoral View Post
I've practiced Anivia a decent amount (I'm not new to these champs, I just havent mastered them). Once I hit 6 I'm a force to be reckoned with, but does this change the fact that she still needs a team?

Brand I will definitely give a proper try though. I'm decent at him because I used to play Annie a lot.
Anivia is rather easy to shut down before 6, and after 6, the best way to shut her down is blue buff control, without blue buff, Anivia is screw.

Best Fizz EU

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExecutionerKen View Post
3 things to beware of when you are playing Lee Sin jungle

1. Did you perfectly space out your ability to maximize the passive?
2. Are you leveling the abilities right? (Ex: Maxing shield will be safe jungle, but not fast jungle)
3. Are you ganking enough?

Most of the Lee Sin players that I know are really passive in the jungle, often leveling up shield even though it is unnecessary, and often fail to find why Lee Sin is such a strong champion (Ex: Never think about ganking at level 2 even when there is an opening)

Gank more! Counter jungle more! You shouldn't be that far behind, considering that your jungle speed is decent and you can often sustain for a long time! (Well, make sure you don't stay in jungle for too long, buying some new items can improve your jungle time by quite a lot)

Underlevel is fine, but underfarm and not increasing the pressure on the enemy is not.
Ok, thanks. I think the problem is I'm not ganking enough, because I (think) have the rest covered. Just one last question. When you're going in for a gank, but you fail to see a good opportunity to gank (let's assume the enemy is pretty far back, or is covered in minions from all angles), do you stay in the brush for X more seconds, then go back to jungle (And if so, how long roughly is that wait time before abandoning the gank?) or do you just go in anyway and see what you can do? Also, should I ever be taking last hits from lanes early game or should I just be dashing in and out as fast as I can (Unless I have a good opportunity to push the tower of course)?

ExecutionerKen

04-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Pikmin View Post
Ok, thanks. I think the problem is I'm not ganking enough, because I (think) have the rest covered. Just one last question. When you're going in for a gank, but you fail to see a good opportunity to gank (let's assume the enemy is pretty far back, or is covered in minions from all angles), do you stay in the brush for X more seconds, then go back to jungle (And if so, how long roughly is that wait time before abandoning the gank?) or do you just go in anyway and see what you can do? Also, should I ever be taking last hits from lanes early game or should I just be dashing in and out as fast as I can (Unless I have a good opportunity to push the tower of course)?
You should still try to gank anyway, the point of ganking is the create the pressure on enemy, even though you probably can't kill them, making them waste some summoner spell or hp pot is still ideal.

TheGoldenRebel

04-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy 0rton View Post
I only get Madred Bloodrazor if I do really well, if I don't, I get wriggles first and spirit visage, and then switch them out for Bloodrazor later on.

More tanky, so sunfire? Works well with ult and chasing, and pretty tanky, and if I'll try AP ww, I think Rylai's would work well, HP, AP, and a slow for when I use q (or ult)

What about if I go a little bit tanky as AP ww, with Rylai's and Spirit Visage, maybe even frozen mallet if I try hybrid (does rylai's and frozen mallet stack? I don't think so, cause it's a unique passive right?) Maybe I could start off with Haunting Guise ( 25AP, 200HP, & +20 mpr)

Edit: I am going to try hybrid ww right now , hopefully it will somehow work.
I'm sorry for re-posting this, but you didn't reply so I thought that you somehow skipped it

Anyways, I tried ap wick twice, the first time it didn't work (mainly my teams fault, but I won't get into that) but the second time it worked extremely well, I played against voli, so I'm guessing its better to go top against tankier champs. Rylais gives a nice hp boost so I can initiate by ulting and gaining back any lost hp. I was wondering if there were any ways to improve.

ExecutionerKen

04-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy 0rton View Post
I'm sorry for re-posting this, but you didn't reply so I thought that you somehow skipped it

Anyways, I tried ap wick twice, the first time it didn't work (mainly my teams fault, but I won't get into that) but the second time it worked extremely well, I played against voli, so I'm guessing its better to go top against tankier champs. Rylais gives a nice hp boost so I can initiate by ulting and gaining back any lost hp. I was wondering if there were any ways to improve.
I am not an expert with AP warwick, so I kinda just skipped it, my fault.

FaerellG

04-09-2012

bump

ExecutionerKen

04-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaerellG View Post
bump
I don't think it is necessary to bump this thread? >_>

Bootyist

04-09-2012

Extremely helpful thread, thanks for all the info.

ExecutionerKen

04-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bootyist View Post
Extremely helpful thread, thanks for all the info.
No problem, this is what the thread is for.

Bootyist

04-09-2012

I just have some random questions... I would say I've learned to play Ashe at quite a good level but its obvious that she lacks mobility and escape which makes her extremely reliant on summoner skills. Are there any good alternative champions that fit her playstyle? I've considered graves but he seems to lack CC in team fights. If not I'm okay with playing AP mid as well, so I was considering Anivia.

Also is there a counter to the current metagame in terms of composition? Kind of a vague question but I'm kind of curious.

Are there any game mechanics that are beneficial (key bindings etc.). I know smart casting is an obvious but I find it hard to adjust as I've been playing HoN for a long time.